Are globalized corporations unamerican?

No, the Tea Party is cultural and economic fascism.

Reagan was about 100% freedom. He never let down his homosexual friends. He never talked much about abortion. He believed government should stay out of the bedroom and peoples' personal lives.

Classical liberalism rests somewhere between RR and WJC, not beyond Obama or with the Tea Party.
Cultural and economic fascism?
Stop gumming your food.

If you believe that you need government to regulate peoples' personal lives, thereisaspoon, you are a cultural fascist.

You certainly are no classical liberal.

I mean where do their loyalties lie?
Do they care if America goes down the tubes as long as their profits increase?
Same with those who play the global market.

Does America owe them any breaks or support?

For people who hate money, blame America and despise corporations, liberals sure do want to control them don't they?

To put him in the same paragraph with that asshole McCarthy is a travesty.

why say that?? McCarthy was a hero. After the liberals gave the bomb to the world's most evil man, Joe Carthy tried to find the rest of the liberal spies in America. When he asked them if they were communists they all took the 5th. You know what that means- right??

You are so full of shit I can smell you from the other coast. McCarthy really did try and take away our freedoms so I'm not surprised that you think he's just wonderful. I'm old enough to remember the hearings on TV and the blacklisting of innocent people and obviously you are just old enough to turn on Faux news. It was a terrible and dark time for our country and there are some on the right would like to go back to those days. Thank God for the internet.

I will give you odds that the hearings you saw on TV were held by the House Committee on Un-American Activities, McCarthy was a Senator and had nothing to do with those hearings.

I considered him a rather disgusting person and a liar, but there is substantial evidence that he was correct about the Communist espionage in America during the 1940's and 1950's.

Only unAmerican until they need the US military might to protect their interest in foreign lands.

Then they're 110% American patriots.

Only unAmerican until they need the US military might to protect their interest in foreign lands.

Why can't you libs be honest about what you want? We have the highest corporate tax rate in the West thanks to you, we are the only Western power to tax US corporations for overseas earnings, we endlessly drive up the cost of US production with our endless regulations, mandates and employee taxes. Then when companies trade anyway we put up direct barriers to restrict trade until politicians are comfortable with them. Liberals hyperventilate when gas prices go up and demand cheap energy.

Then rather then admitting this is all about your controlling the economy, you blame the corporations and say it's what they want. Dude, be honest. It's not the corporations, it's you.

Why can't you libs be honest about what you want? We have the highest corporate tax rate in the West thanks to you, we are the only Western power to tax US corporations for overseas earnings, we endlessly drive up the cost of US production with our endless regulations, mandates and employee taxes. Then when companies trade anyway we put up direct barriers to restrict trade until politicians are comfortable with them. Liberals hyperventilate when gas prices go up and demand cheap energy.

Then rather then admitting this is all about your controlling the economy, you blame the corporations and say it's what they want. Dude, be honest. It's not the corporations, it's you.

the highest maximum corporate tax rate. However we have so many deductions, etc that the tax [paid is comparable to the lower rate companies.
The mega corps pay the lowest rates the small businesses the highest.

We should just go to a low flat rate tax with no deductions, loopholes, etc.

Globalism is in itself unAmerican.

Only to a coward who thinks we can't compete and win in a global world. What a change from what we did to the world for our first 200 years. Now Democrats have discovered we're actually losers who will fail if we don't erect walls to isolate our economy from those damned foreigners. The irony is our own government is the one making sure our corporations can't compete.

Only unAmerican until they need the US military might to protect their interest in foreign lands. Then they're 110% American patriots.
SNIP: just blathering

Why can't you be honest, Kaz. The corporate tax rate did not cause the meltdown. American greed, along with corporate greed, caused the melt down. Lower tax rates are not going to produce jobs.

Only to a coward who thinks we can't compete and win in a global world. What a change from what we did to the world for our first 200 years. Now Democrats have discovered we're actually losers who will fail if we don't erect walls to isolate our economy from those damned foreigners. The irony is our own government is the one making sure our corporations can't compete.

Competing in a global market does not mean we have to yield our sovereignty to imcompetants like the UN and it's cohorts.

Only unAmerican until they need the US military might to protect their interest in foreign lands. Then they're 110% American patriots.

Why can't you be honest, Kaz. The corporate tax rate did not cause the meltdown. American greed, along with corporate greed, caused the melt down. Lower tax rates are not going to produce jobs.

Don't edit out the quote you are asking me a question about, moron

Don't edit out the quote you are asking me a question about, moron

I edited out your quote because it did apply to my comment. Don't like it, tuff.

Competing in a global market does not mean we have to yield our sovereignty to imcompetants like the UN and it's cohorts.

No, it doesn't. Your quote didn't say globalism is unAmerican when it's performed under the auspices of the UN, you said it is "in itself unAmerican." I'm not sure the UN has that much control over Global companies. Some, sure. I oppose it as well, sure. But the UN is a political organization. I deeply oppose our membership in the UN, but I'm not sure how the UN makes globalization unAmerican.

No, it doesn't. Your quote didn't say globalism is unAmerican when it's performed under the auspices of the UN, you said it is "in itself unAmerican." I'm not sure the UN has that much control over Global companies. Some, sure. I oppose it as well, sure. But the UN is a political organization. I deeply oppose our membership in the UN, but I'm not sure how the UN makes globalization unAmerican.

The defintion of globalization has us stuck. Why does the US give money to the IMF ?

The defintion of globalization has us stuck. Why does the US give money to the IMF ?

I agree, but what does that have to do with global companies? The American government does that.

Forum List

Back