Are corporations making our laws?

ALEC, that's what it's for.

Yep, and there are other organizations like ALEC.

Do corporations write our laws? Yep. They hire a lobbyist who then goes and talks to the politicians to get them to lean one way or the other when it comes to certain legislation.

Look at NAFTA for example...................American corporations got American politicians to pass it so that they could outsource their manufacturing to countries with cheap labor laws, and then bring back the product to the USA and sell it to the people of this country.

OF COURSE corporations are making some of our laws.

ALEC, that's what it's for.

Yep, and there are other organizations like ALEC.

Do corporations write our laws? Yep. They hire a lobbyist who then goes and talks to the politicians to get them to lean one way or the other when it comes to certain legislation.

Look at NAFTA for example...................American corporations got American politicians to pass it so that they could outsource their manufacturing to countries with cheap labor laws, and then bring back the product to the USA and sell it to the people of this country.

OF COURSE corporations are making some of our laws.

Absolutely! Why is the for profit prison industry such a growth industry?

A trick question right? All you have to do is check with what prominent Americans said in the distant past.

“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.” - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 -

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - Thomas Jefferson -

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist." - Dwight D Eisenhower -

If you want to know the truth, our Republic reps have done this since its founding.

In the beginning, industries petitioned reps for laws that helped them develop our industrial core.

Now, we are talking corporate Republic.

Strangely, I do want out corps and businesses to have the influence to stop the passing of laws that could hurt them. Yet, I detest some of the laws that prevent justice and fairness to be carried out in the economy.

Corporatism has some up and downs, and ours maybe running away from us.

A trick question right? All you have to do is check with what prominent Americans said in the distant past.

“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.” - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 -

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." - Thomas Jefferson -

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist." - Dwight D Eisenhower -
Great quotes... The next civil war isn't going to be fought with guns on a battlefield it's going be fought on the economic battlefield between our government and our corporations. They are all somewhat getting along right now but things can go south very fast and it is going to effect all of us simple folk.

Great quotes... The next civil war isn't going to be fought with guns on a battlefield it's going be fought on the economic battlefield between our government and our corporations. They are all somewhat getting along right now but things can go south very fast and it is going to effect all of us simple folk.

There is a battle going on right now. Since the 2008 Great Recession government has been trying to put regulations in place to reign in the power of the corporations. But their allies in the government have stopped most of this dead in its tracks.

There is a battle going on right now. Since the 2008 Great Recession government has been trying to put regulations in place to reign in the power of the corporations. But their allies in the government have stopped most of this dead in its tracks.
Seeing the "anti-establishment" passion in the Trump and Sanders shows that the public have just about had it with the corruption in both entities.

Forum List

Back