Are Congressmen on the ACA?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
So I just had a GOP email me, a Rep. of the US congress from MI and he

said

"But as someone who is on the exchange (yes, Congress is on it),"

I do not think they are on the ACA, and since it was in regards to the ACA he meant it.

I'm not so sure.
Premiums

Members and staff who obtain coverage through the DC SHOP may purchase a FEHB plan upon retirement from the federal government, provided they otherwise meet the criteria to do so. OPM has indicated that the final rule only pertains to Members’ and staff’s access to health insurance plans offered by the federal government under FEHB.5 The ACA and related OPM regulations do not require Members and staff to enroll in a health plan offered through the DC SHOP; rather, DC SHOP plans are the only plans that will be made available to them with respect to their federal service

I am not so sure, I also think they want Cadillac plans which will be a tax added to them in 2018 and 2020 and now they need to stick with 80/20 and the staff I think can be on the ACA.

They exempted themselves along with unions and many other Democratic contributors.
Just wrong: Congress quietly takes ObamaCare waiver
What Unions Are Exempt from Obamacare? - Rob Schwab

It gives legislators and staff “Gold Level” ObamaCare coverage with a 75 percent subsidy paid by taxpayers or even the option of opting out and retaining their previous heavily subsidized plan. The income of members and staff is simply not counted.

This is in direct violation of the specific language of the law Congress enacted. The White House broke its own law to provide Congress ObamaCare gold and then fraudulently administered it through the District of Columbia’s Small Business Healthcare Exchange. In order to get their waiver, representatives of the House and Senate signed documents, under penalty of perjury, that each body employed no more than 50 people. To date more than 13,000 members and staff have signed up with the help of another gift--a dedicated team assigned only to Congress.

(thank you for that, I read where they had a fit they made too much to get a subsidy) So we taxpayers pay 75% of their insurance . Ok.:)

PS: they want a Cadillac ins and that has a tax coming in 2018 or 2020 (keeps changing) as its costs are so high.

The Cadillac Tax
The fancy name aside, this new mandate will become valid on January 1, 2018 in the form of a 40% tax imposed on each dollar paid towards premiums higher than $10,200 on individual coverage plans and $27,500 for family coverage. At issue is the intention behind the reason for the Cadillac Tax in the mandates of the Affordable Care Act as a method for bringing in revenue to help provide funding for the new law.

Estimates from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) find that the Cadillac Tax could be responsible for generating $120 billion for the subsequent five years after it goes into effect. The majority of that money will be a result of higher taxes on employee wages and not tax-exempt coverage benefits.

From your second link. Thing is we now have a right to work state and most states are becoming right to work, many are, so unions are becoming weaker and weaker and the GOP wants rid of unions.

said

I do not think they are on the ACA, and since it was in regards to the ACA he meant it.

Spoken like a true democrat... Always have to have your nose up someone's ass rather than treating them like an adult.

said

Spoken like a true democrat... Always have to have your nose up someone's ass rather than treating them like an adult.

Yes he lied, made it seem like he and congress is on the ACA. If they act like a child and lie , they deserve to be treated like one.

said

Yes he lied, made it seem like he and congress is on the ACA. If they act like a child and lie , they deserve to be treated like one.

More like your buddy Obama lied because the executive branch didn't enforce laws written by Congress themselves and signed by the president. We have checks and balances so Congress and the two other branches follow the very laws Congress makes in addition to the constitution.

said

More like your buddy Obama lied because the executive branch didn't enforce laws written by Congress themselves and signed by the president. We have checks and balances so Congress and the two other branches follow the very laws Congress makes in addition to the constitution.

Oh they were so mad they didn't get a subsidy, so they made their own laws special to them. Now they want the Cadillac plan which comes with a surcharge tax, they just can't stand they have the Gold plan , they want more.
They also can't stand that their tax dollars might subsidize lower income health insurance, even thought we have no choice but to pay them and subsidize their health insurance.

said

Oh they were so mad they didn't get a subsidy, so they made their own laws special to them. Now they want the Cadillac plan which comes with a surcharge tax, they just can't stand they have the Gold plan , they want more.
They also can't stand that their tax dollars might subsidize lower income health insurance, even thought we have no choice but to pay them and subsidize their health insurance.

So why was the law signed by the president if it included special privileges for congress? Should've been vetoed then.

said

So why was the law signed by the president if it included special privileges for congress? Should've been vetoed then.
because the fucking president (no matter who the fucking president is) is just another corrupt politician just like all the other corrupt politicians

said

said

From the link above:
Congressional leaders from both parties quietly and gratefully accepted the special deal from the administration’s Office of Personnel Management. It gives legislators and staff “Gold Level” ObamaCare coverage with a 75 percent subsidy paid by taxpayers or even the option of opting out and retaining their previous heavily subsidized plan. The income of members and staff is simply not counted.

This is in direct violation of the specific language of the law Congress enacted. The White House broke its own law to provide Congress ObamaCare gold and then fraudulently administered it through the District of Columbia’s Small Business Healthcare Exchange. In order to get their waiver, representatives of the House and Senate signed documents, under penalty of perjury, that each body employed no more than 50 people. To date more than 13,000 members and staff have signed up with the help of another gift--a dedicated team assigned only to Congress.

The Ass wipes in Congress exempt themselves from the laws we all have to obey

since the GOP wants a smaller government, they can all stay home and not return, no more paydays for them. Let them operate their state, why have a federal government???? They just cost us money and then peddle it out to the big corps, we pay dearly for our jobs and congress that doesn't do a darn thing but live off of us.

since the GOP wants a smaller government, they can all stay home and not return, no more paydays for them. Let them operate their state, why have a federal government???? They just cost us money and then peddle it out to the big corps, we pay dearly for our jobs and congress that doesn't do a darn thing but live off of us.
the GOP does NOT want smaller government they just say they do

the GOP does NOT want smaller government they just say they do

They just want to run the states their way. I agree. That may of worked in the days before Ford, when most people didn't travel more that 100 miles from their home, and it took hours and was considered a big trip , but not today.

because the fucking president (no matter who the fucking president is) is just another corrupt politician just like all the other corrupt politicians

That was my point, lol.

You do not have to purchase a health plan through any exchange to be on ACA. ACA, obamacare has been the law of the land. If any plan on or off an exchange has the 10 essential health benefits it is an ACA plan.

Forum List

Back