Are Blacks Americans too?

Washington owned slaves so I'm not surprised they covered him up

He helped write The Constitution. The document that just so happened to be used to end slavery. The document used to go to war with The South to end slavery....

When you live in a country that once had in their law books, in their original Constitution of all places, that you are or were once 3/5ths of a person and worth less then non-living products, when you live in a country that once had in their law books, that if anyone attempted to teach you to read was a crime worthy of severe punishment...you tend to have a different view of the original laws and foundation/founders of that country.

Just saying.

Why dont you read a history book and see what the 3/5's law was there for?

Personally I think you like using it as an excuse to hate those old WHITE dudes we Americans call The Founding Fathers.

Oh, and one more thing... there were nearly 3000 black slave owners in America during Washingtons days.

But why let the facts get in the way?
:eusa_shhh:

When you live in a country that once had in their law books, in their original Constitution of all places, that you are or were once 3/5ths of a person and worth less then non-living products, when you live in a country that once had in their law books, that if anyone attempted to teach you to read was a crime worthy of severe punishment...you tend to have a different view of the original laws and foundation/founders of that country.

Just saying.
Are you truly saying you do not understand the reason for the 3/5ths person provision in the constitution for the votes of slaves, considering that to form the union slave states had to be included?

The reason to keep blacks in the south ignorant, as you mentioned, played right into the reason for counting slaves (not black people) as 3/5th of a citizen. A slave who was a full voting citizen would've given the south a numerical advantage in elections, and all while the votes of those slaves would've been suspect as being subjected to coercion.

Wait? Are you saying that slaves got to vote? That 3/5th of the slaves got to vote? Let me clarify here before I roll on the ground laughing.

Just saying.

You're as stupid as you look.

The three-fifths clause in the Constitution did not mean blacks were subhuman. It was actually designed to reduce the power of the slave-owning states in the U.S. Congress. Counting slaves as three-fifths of a person in the Census was actually a compromise position reached between northern and southern states at the 1787 Philadelphia Convention. Delegates opposed to slavery didn't want to count slaves in the Census at all, because it would inflate the representation of the slave owning states in Congress. The number of representatives in Congress was determined by the number of people being represented. Counting slaves a full persons, as the slave owning states wished to do, would only increase the political power of the slave owners. Thus, the three-fifths compromise was reached. It would have been better if the wishes of the anti-slavery people had won out, and slaves were not counted at all, and only free persons were counted. (note – free black people were counted as full persons). After all, it's not like the interests of the slaves were being represented in Congress by the slave owners. Only the slave owners interests were being represented. Counting black slaves as full persons at that time would have only increased the power of their masters. Not a desirable outcome.

History: Three-Fifths Of A Person

Once again, Lonestar_Logic has to try to make himself look smarter than others.

Just saying.
Are you truly saying you do not understand the reason for the 3/5ths person provision in the constitution for the votes of slaves, considering that to form the union slave states had to be included?

The reason to keep blacks in the south ignorant, as you mentioned, played right into the reason for counting slaves (not black people) as 3/5th of a citizen. A slave who was a full voting citizen would've given the south a numerical advantage in elections, and all while the votes of those slaves would've been suspect as being subjected to coercion.

Yes I believe he truly believes the bullshit he spouts. He's what ignorance looks like.

So, you think 3/5th of the slaves voted too?

Speaking of ignorance and support thereof. :lmao:

He helped write The Constitution. The document that just so happened to be used to end slavery. The document used to go to war with The South to end slavery....

Just saying.

Personally I think you like using it as an excuse to hate those old WHITE dudes we Americans call The Founding Fathers.

Oh, and one more thing... there were nearly 3000 black slave owners in America during Washingtons days.

Not until the 13th amendment was added after the bloodiest war in American history...until then, the Constitution was used to KEEP slaves as property.

Just saying.

How many of those so-called 3000 black slave owners in Washington's time were national leaders worthy of statues? How many were invited to the Constitutional Convention? How many of them owned large numbers of slaves and bought and sold them wholesale?

I'd like to see the source of your stats, plz.

Just saying.

How many of those so-called 3000 black slave owners in Washington's time were national leaders worthy of statues? How many were invited to the Constitutional Convention? How many of them owned large numbers of slaves and bought and sold them wholesale?

I'd like to see the source of your stats, plz.

Look it up yourself... the data is there, and if you continue to ignore the facts in on you.

Im sick of idiots ignoring the fact that black folks were sold into slavery by their own kind in Africa, and were also owned by their own kind here in America. This is not a one way street. There are always two sides to an arguement.
Nevermind that there are still slaves in Africa. If you small minded victims were really concerned as you act, then you'd be speaking out against that rather than tearing down the founding fathers (whom cant defend themselves).

Jeez you people are silly.

Why don't you research the start of the trans-atlantic slave trade and find out who sold who to whom. North America played a minor part in the slave trade, our ports sent out less than five percent of known voyages and absorbed less than four percent of all slaves carried out of Africa.

Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade
A "minor" atrocity is a still an atrocity.

Not for me it wasn't.
Then you are quite a pitiful, small man who fails to realize that no matter one's skin color, we all hate; we all love; we all bleed. Why are you afraid of people who have swarthy complexions? Why do you deplore them so?

As Sallow stated, put yourself in chains, work all day in the blistering sun for nothing, have a friend shackle you and whip you, calling you a ****** at every turn. Let's see how long you continue to cling onto your racist beliefs after such an experience.

Last edited:

Just saying.

Do you know the irony of liberals who argue about the 3/5 person clause? The Southern slave owners were against it and the Northern non-slave owners pushed it. It had nothing to do with considering blacks subhumans, rather it was about populations size. The State's population is what determines how many representatives they get in Fed! That is why the South wanted then counted like everyone else, since it would increase the population size.

Black people need to quick complaining about every little damn thing. They need to start living the DREAM that MLK presented and STOP trying to divide us.

As Sallow stated, put yourself in chains, work all day in the blistering sun for nothing, have a friend shackle you and whip you, calling you a ****** at every turn. Let's see how long you continue to cling onto your racist beliefs after such an experience.
I didn't believe you at first, and then I found this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Just saying.

Wait? Are you saying that slaves got to vote? That 3/5th of the slaves got to vote? Let me clarify here before I roll on the ground laughing.

No, I'm saying they were counted for purposes of representation in congress/congressional districts. But it was actually designed to reduce the power of the slave-owning states in the U.S. Congress.
I certainly could've been more clear.

Last edited:

Not for me it wasn't.
Then you are quite a pitiful, small man who fails to realize that no matter one's skin color, we all hate; we all love; we all bleed. Why are you afraid of people who have swarthy complexions? Why do you deplore them so?

Any of that directly happen to you bones? If it did, I'm truly sorry. If it didn't, get the fuck over it. You were not harmed by slavery. Nor was your father or anyone you have ever known.
The Republican Party you so despise is responsible for ending slavery, ensuring blacks received the right to vote, they supported in much stronger number than Democrats, all important civil rights legislation.
You've enjoyed 40 years of reverse discrimination in the name of "affirmative action", yet the black race still earns way less on average than whites.
Tell me why that is! You have equal or better opportunity, you gain college admission with significantly lower grades and test scores. WHY?
It's because you still think we owe you something for our sins of 136 years ago. Well fuck you! Grow the fuck up and take personal responsibility.

Last edited:

Yes I believe he truly believes the bullshit he spouts. He's what ignorance looks like.

So, you think 3/5th of the slaves voted too?

Speaking of ignorance and support thereof. :lmao:

No dumbass and that's not what I said. Do you understand why they take a census every ten years? You count the people in your state and that dictates how many representives that state is allowed to have. Just because a person is counted does not mean that person can vote. If that were the case every child would be eligible to vote.

Damn you liberals are stupid!

Try reading the link I provided and perhaps you won't look like a total retard next time.

Not for me it wasn't.

What the fuck are you rambling about? I'm not afraid of anything or anyone you pin-headed puke! You're a classic bleeding heart shitstain that lets a few names hurt your widdle feelings. Grow a spine! Slavery ended over a hundred years ago!

Any of that directly happen to you bones? If it did, I'm truly sorry. If it didn't, get the fuck over it. You were not harmed by slavery. Nor was your father or anyone you have ever known.
I am over it. I just don't like people downplaying the slavery which occurred in the United States. It was an atrocity and no amount of rationalizations can ever convincingly say otherwise.

The Republican Party you so despise is responsible for ending slavery, ensuring blacks received the right to vote, they supported in much stronger number than Democrats, all important civil rights legislation.
You've enjoyed 40 years of reverse discrimination in the name of "affirmative action", yet the black race still earns way less on average than whites.
Who gives a toss if blacks make less than whites? I guess life really is about mindlessly worshiping green paper rather than silly notions of love, compassion and spirituality.

Tell me why that is! You have equal or better opportunity, you gain college admission with significantly lower grades and test scores. WHY?
It's because you still think we owe you something for our sins of 136 years ago. Well fuck you! Grow the fuck up and take personal responsibility.
I'm Caucasian and I am taking personal responsibility.

Last edited:
I am over it. I just don't like people downplaying the slavery which occurred in the United States. It was an atrocity and no amount of rationalizations can ever convincingly say otherwise.

Who gives a toss if blacks make less than whites? I guess life really is about mindlessly worshiping green paper.

I'm Caucasian and I am taking personal responsibility.

Spoken like a true liberal suffering "white guilt"

Forum List

Back