Are Blacks Americans too?

When you live in a country that once had in their law books, in their original Constitution of all places, that you are or were once 3/5ths of a person and worth less then non-living products, when you live in a country that once had in their law books, that if anyone attempted to teach you to read was a crime worthy of severe punishment...you tend to have a different view of the original laws and foundation/founders of that country.

Just saying.

You do understand the thought behind the 3/5ths Person thing, don't you??? That was done to give the Free States better leverage in ending Slavery. Slave owners in the South used the Slave Population in the Census, which determined representation in the House, and Electors. The 3/5th's value on a Slave weakened the voice of the South, plain and simple. You have your right to trash Washington, as you do to trash every person and Society on the 7 Continents that supported Slavery in one form or another, throughout recorded History, as far back as Hammurabi. I don't think there remains much on the plate though, after you are done with the list. We on the other hand have Outlawed Slavery here, much in part because of the Foundation that Our Forefathers put in place.

With all the history regarding black people in this country, you are going to be hard pressed to find any black people willing to thank whites for the 3/5 person law.

That is not the argument or the goal. I'm just shedding light on the truth of why it was done in the first place. Ever wonder why so much is not taught in School?

"Yes, I'd like to help you and your people...therefore, I'm going to count you as 3/5ths of one of us. To further help you and your people, I'm going to make it a law that if you and/or anyone attempts to teach you to read or are caught reading, we'll make it illegal with a strong penalty. To help you even more, after you're no longer a slave, I'm going to make it impossible for you and your people, especially the males, to even get a job. And last, but not least, to give you the best possible hand I can, I'm going to make it so that you and your people are segregated from the rest of civilized society, so you can live in the corner back there somewhere and form your little community, but don't expect any normal services...you'll have to work it out yourself. You can thank me on your way out."

You are talking about allot more than George Washington there Marc. Let's fast forward for a nanosecond to present day. Is there any other Country you prefer over the US??? Where else would you prefer to raise and educate? As long as you hold on to the hate it will both be a stumbling block to you, and fuel to those that would antagonize you. I'm not telling you to get a Lobotomy, just try harder to see past it. What you project will come back and bite you in the ass. The same holds for the rest of us.

I don't mean to but in your guys conversation but is he supposed to forget about the past? I can tell alot of posters here really don't care about the bloody history of black people in this country but you might look at things alot differently if you had a family member who was effected by these injustices. I don't hold a grudge against whites but none of this should be casually tossed aside and forgotten.

You do understand the thought behind the 3/5ths Person thing, don't you??? That was done to give the Free States better leverage in ending Slavery. Slave owners in the South used the Slave Population in the Census, which determined representation in the House, and Electors. The 3/5th's value on a Slave weakened the voice of the South, plain and simple. You have your right to trash Washington, as you do to trash every person and Society on the 7 Continents that supported Slavery in one form or another, throughout recorded History, as far back as Hammurabi. I don't think there remains much on the plate though, after you are done with the list. We on the other hand have Outlawed Slavery here, much in part because of the Foundation that Our Forefathers put in place.

With all the history regarding black people in this country, you are going to be hard pressed to find any black people willing to thank whites for the 3/5 person law.

That is not the argument or the goal. I'm just shedding light on the truth of why it was done in the first place. Ever wonder why so much is not taught in School?

Because the schools are just in a rush to pass the kids through, alot of aspects of this history are not taught.

"Yes, I'd like to help you and your people...therefore, I'm going to count you as 3/5ths of one of us. To further help you and your people, I'm going to make it a law that if you and/or anyone attempts to teach you to read or are caught reading, we'll make it illegal with a strong penalty. To help you even more, after you're no longer a slave, I'm going to make it impossible for you and your people, especially the males, to even get a job. And last, but not least, to give you the best possible hand I can, I'm going to make it so that you and your people are segregated from the rest of civilized society, so you can live in the corner back there somewhere and form your little community, but don't expect any normal services...you'll have to work it out yourself. You can thank me on your way out."

You are talking about allot more than George Washington there Marc. Let's fast forward for a nanosecond to present day. Is there any other Country you prefer over the US??? Where else would you prefer to raise and educate? As long as you hold on to the hate it will both be a stumbling block to you, and fuel to those that would antagonize you. I'm not telling you to get a Lobotomy, just try harder to see past it. What you project will come back and bite you in the ass. The same holds for the rest of us.

I don't mean to but in your guys conversation but is he supposed to forget about the past? I can tell alot of posters here really don't care about the bloody history of black people in this country but you might look at things alot differently if you had a family member who was effected by these injustices. I don't hold a grudge against whites but none of this should be casually tossed aside and forgotten.

Once a victim always a victim, huh?

You are a redneck racist XXXXXXX piece of shit so we have nothing to discuss.

You are a redneck racist XXXXXXX piece of shit so we have nothing to discuss.

In other words, you don't wish to be pwned by a redneck so you simply refuse to engage in a debate.

Your concession is duly noted.

Nice strawman.
You wouldn't know a Strawman if Reagan himself got out from the grave and bitch-slapped you with it.

You Far RWers ALWAYS use the same tactic huh? With Sarah Palin's target list, you stuck on that one PART of it and went no further, you ignored her ADDITIONAL violent rhetoric, you ignored her REPEATING of the ADDITIONAL violent rhetoric once the now victim herself publicly called her to task in an interview. No...you want to just false equate other "similar" target lists to make yourselves feel smug.

Now you're here sticking to the 3/5ths, and just that part alone. Totally ignoring the reading law, totally ignoring jim crow laws, totally ignoring the subhuman treatment that trickled down from the government policies to the population in general.

This is why I don't bother to debate with you guys on this topic. You're only interested in defense, not debate or even discourse. It's futile.

Do have a nice day though.

Last edited:

Your Far RWers ALWAYS use the same tactic huh? With Sarah Palin's target list, you stuck on that one PART of it and went no further, you ignored her ADDITIONAL violent rhetoric, you ignored her REPEATING of the ADDITIONAL violent rhetoric once the now victim herself publicly called her to task in an interview. No...you want to just false equate other "similar" target lists to make yourselves feel smug.

Now you're here sticking to the 3/5ths, and just that part alone. Totally ignoring the reading law, totally ignoring jim crow laws, totally ignoring the subhuman treatment that trickled down from the government policies to the population in general.

This is why I don't bother to debate with you guys on this topic. You're only interested in defense, not debate or even discourse. It's futile.

You are babbling and Rambling a bit Marc. My Posts represent My point of view, not Sara Palin's or Anyone else on the Right or the Left. I'm sharing my perspective with you, that is all. My position on Black History is much more rooted in Thoreau. I have issues with George Washington too, for different reasons. I don't go making a point of covering up his Statue though. That was poor judgement. We are all related. I'm past Black and White, you are not. It is your issue, it is also a stumbling block. You need to see through the hate, I'm telling you that because I in fact do care. It is not a Political Agenda, I'm worried about you. It is not healthy.

Nice strawman.
You wouldn't know a Strawman if Reagan himself got out from the grave and bitch-slapped you with it.

Don't flatter yourself.

Your Far RWers ALWAYS use the same tactic huh? With Sarah Palin's target list, you stuck on that one PART of it and went no further, you ignored her ADDITIONAL violent rhetoric, you ignored her REPEATING of the ADDITIONAL violent rhetoric once the now victim herself publicly called her to task in an interview. No...you want to just false equate other "similar" target lists to make yourselves feel smug.

Spoken like a true victim.

Washington was the Father of our nation. He deserves the respect of all Americans. And the NAACP can kiss my ass if they don't like it.

Sorry, on and after July 4 1776 blacks were still in slavery and George Washington was a slave owner, he doesn't deserve my respect and anyone that doesn't like it can kiss my black butt. Its amazing how some whites want blacks to forget slavery as a thing of the past and want blacks to praise "Founding Fathers" who were slave owners, :rolleyes: You don't actually expect black people, with the exception of Uncle Tommish Coons, to take your post serious and respect you after a post like this, do you? The NAACP did more for black people that George Washington ever did.

When you live in a country that once had in their law books, in their original Constitution of all places, that you are or were once 3/5ths of a person and worth less then non-living products, when you live in a country that once had in their law books, that if anyone attempted to teach you to read was a crime worthy of severe punishment...you tend to have a different view of the original laws and foundation/founders of that country.

Just saying.
Are you truly saying you do not understand the reason for the 3/5ths person provision in the constitution for the votes of slaves, considering that to form the union slave states had to be included?

The reason to keep blacks in the south ignorant, as you mentioned, played right into the reason for counting slaves (not black people) as 3/5th of a citizen. A slave who was a full voting citizen would've given the south a numerical advantage in elections, and all while the votes of those slaves would've been suspect as being subjected to coercion.

BS, the reason they kept slave ignorant and from being literate was to keep slaves from rising up against their masters with full force.

Just saying.

If you dislike the way this country was founded, go find another one more to your liking.

If you don't like the fact that blacks refuse to honor a man that was a slave owner as a honorable founding father why don't you move?

When certain whites quit praising George Washington as a brave founding father then they can tell black people to put slavery behind them. The institution of slavery is the main reason for the racial dynamics of today and why whites have a disproportionate amount of the nation's wealth and higher social position. Blacks and whites didn't come to America as equals nor were they treated as equals their entire time here and the roots of that inequality date back to slavery.

You are babbling and Rambling a bit Marc. My Posts represent My point of view, not Sara Palin's or Anyone else on the Right or the Left. I'm sharing my perspective with you, that is all. My position on Black History is much more rooted in Thoreau. I have issues with George Washington too, for different reasons. I don't go making a point of covering up his Statue though. That was poor judgement. We are all related. I'm past Black and White, you are not. It is your issue, it is also a stumbling block. You need to see through the hate, I'm telling you that because I in fact do care. It is not a Political Agenda, I'm worried about you. It is not healthy.

I don't think he's babbling, do you know what it is to be black in America? perhaps if you did you wouldn't be telling blacks, especially black males to see past the hate, no, it makes much more sense to tell certain whites to pull their heads out of the sand and face reality.

I don't think he's babbling, do you know what it is to be black in America? perhaps if you did you wouldn't be telling blacks, especially black males to see past the hate, no, it makes much more sense to tell certain whites to pull their heads out of the sand and face reality.

Stop crying in your milk Bass and suck it up. How can you expect Anyone Else to see past or through Race, when you yourself can't? We are all related. We All suffer to one degree or another. You know squat of what other people have survived. To assume that you are more experienced in pain, rejection, injustice than another is a mistake. When you project trouble and negativity, that is exactly what you will attract like a magnet. Each of us lives within the same physical laws of creation. Each of us play's the hand we are dealt. Are you an American or an American't?

Why do you allow your hatred to blind you to the truth?
Because of your racist hatred of white people you refuse to accept historical fact.
Because of your hatred you refuse to see that blacks live in segregation because of their own choice.
Because of your hatred, you are a fucking moron. Slavery ended before our Grandparents were born, racism comes from ignorance. Go back to school.

More defense. What hate do you see from my posts? None.

Let me ask you this...how many black homes have you been invited to to stay for a day, two...a week? How many have you stayed in? How many black folks have you gone on vacation with? How many black folks have you held hands and prayed with? How many black folks have you sat and broke bread with? How many black folks have you called brother, and meant it? How many black folks have you shared the same cup with? How many black folks have you cried with...laughed with?

I have many white brothers and sisters that I've done all the above with.

You don't know me, so cut your BS.

Forum List

Back