Arctic vs Antarctic Ice

Frank -

You won't read the science. We know this. You know this.

btw. The term 'climate change' has been used for 25 years. Interesting that you are only hearing of this now!

25 years ago your "Science" was telling us it was "Global Cooling"

Frank -

You won't read the science. We know this. You know this.

btw. The term 'climate change' has been used for 25 years. Interesting that you are only hearing of this now!

gw-time-magazine-ice-age-global-warming.gif

I take it back - Frank is tied for stupidest poster on the forum.

I tell you what, Oddball, you read the two stories involved and get back to us with what you have found out.

The antarctic has had periods of being ice free since 1513.

I guess it was all those campfires way back then.

Piri Reis map of Antarctica- Antarctica ice free!

That is interesting....who knows what the story behind that is!

Now perhaps read the material posted.

Frank -

That map was made from other maps that were thousand of years old

Really? So you don't think Turkish sailers were really in Antarctic?

I think you should know more about the Piri Reis maps before you feel free to comment on it

I take it back - Frank is tied for stupidest poster on the forum.

I tell you what, Oddball, you read the two stories involved and get back to us with what you have found out.
Stuff it, you commie bastard.

Your "science" is no more valid than phrenology....It has been debunked eight ways from Sunday, it's peddlers have been smoked out as the frauds that they are, yet still you cult loons insist it's the real deal.

Oh, and after your little shot at CF, your pious garbage about having a civil conversation and "spamming", as you call it, couldn't ring more hollow...Butthead.

Last edited:

You really are the stupidest person on this forum, aren't you?

The science behind climate change dates from the 1860's, genius.

And the basis of AGW is still based on quaint 19th century experimentation which, incidentally was quickly proven mistaken by Professor Woods, and in all that time, there has not been a single solitary measurement taken substantiating the physics behind the AGW hypothesis.

And since then the climate still hasn't changed.

Obviously it has, but you aren't aware of it because you refuse to read.

2012 was actually the hottest year in American history, a scientific fact disputed by no one.

Frank -

Does it strike you as at all odd that you will post 20 times on a thread, despite refusing flat out to read the basis of the topic?

If you were a little smarter, you might notice that the one thing you have in common with Katz, Oddball and SSDD is that not one of you read the scientific studies posted here. Nor could do, to be fair.

Last edited:

2012 was actually the hottest year in American history, a scientific fact disputed by no one.

actually, it is a claim disputed by anyone who has taken time to notice how much the past temperature record has been cooled. You were given undeniable evidence and still you perpetuate the lie. Your character flaws are showing.

The hottest hear in the US on record is, and remains 1934. By the way, the CRN system, the state of the art, meticulously placed temperature gathering system that requires no adjustment didn't even put 2012 in the top 10, but of course, alarmists wouldn't be interested in posting such information. The system was put in place to prove rapid global warming once and for all and it is doing exactly the opposite of what it was expected to do.

Last edited:
The antarctic has had periods of being ice free since 1513.

I guess it was all those campfires way back then.

Piri Reis map of Antarctica- Antarctica ice free!

Yes, ignore ice cores that go back 160,000 years. It was really recently ice-free, because a 1513 map happened to copy other maps where the mapmakers made up the coast of the mythical southern continent. A coast on the map which actually doesn't resemble Queen Maud land much, despite the claims of the article.

That's how denialists think. If reality contradicts you, just manufacture an entirely new reality, based on tossing away mountains of real data in favor of some bizarre legend.

You really are the stupidest person on this forum, aren't you?

The science behind climate change dates from the 1860's, genius.

And the basis of AGW is still based on quaint 19th century experimentation which, incidentally was quickly proven mistaken by Professor Woods, and in all that time, there has not been a single solitary measurement taken substantiating the physics behind the AGW hypothesis.

Nahle 2011: Repeatability of Professor Robert W. Wood?s 1909 Experiment on the Theory of the Greenhouse | The Drinking Water Advisor

In 1909 an experiment was conducted at Johns Hopkins University by Professor Robert W. Wood demonstrating that the greenhouse effect cannot cause global warming. The following researcher has repeated the experiment. Through a series of controlled experiments, the warming effect in a real greenhouse is demonstrated to not be caused by longwave infrared radiation trapped inside the greenhouse, but to the blockage of convective heat transfer with the surroundings, as proven by Professor Wood in his 1909 experiment.

This Professor Woods? Are you truly that fucking dumb? Tyndall, Arrnenius all based their ideas on the absorption spectra of the GHGs. Nobody claimed that it operated the same as a greenhouse. It was just a convenient image.

actually, it is a claim disputed by anyone who has taken time to notice how much the past temperature record has been cooled. You were given undeniable evidence and still you perpetuate the lie. Your character flaws are showing.

The hottest hear in the US on record is, and remains 1934. By the way, the CRN system, the state of the art, meticulously placed temperature gathering system that requires no adjustment didn't even put 2012 in the top 10, but of course, alarmists wouldn't be interested in posting such information. The system was put in place to prove rapid global warming once and for all and it is doing exactly the opposite of what it was expected to do.

So full of shit you are, SSDD.

SSDD -

I really don't understand why you are posting on this thread.

You promised to look at the material, and although I see you are now claiming to have done so, none of your posts suggest that you have read and digested the science posted. The British Antarctic Survey is probably the best material available anywhere, and dismissing out of hand establishes beyond any reasonable doubt that you are not interested in science.

This is patent nonsense, of course - just the same tired old cherry-picking and unsourced lies.

The year 1934 was a very hot year in the United States, ranking fourth behind 2012, 2006, and 1998. Globally, it is the 49th hottest year on record, whereas 2012 is the hottest year in US history, and the 9th hottest year globally.

1934 is the hottest year on record

brw, SSDD, I won't respond to any more of your comments until you read the material you promised to read, and come up with a sensible, on-topic response to the science. Start by acknowledging that you now understand the difference between the Artic and Antarctic geography, for one.

Also an excellent article here from Washington Post, which has some good graphics and links.

Almost two weeks ago, Arctic sea ice extent shrank to a stunning record low. Yet, at the other end of the planet, Antarctic sea ice is nearing or breaking records for largest extent.

Antarctic sea ice reaches greatest extent so late in season, 2nd largest extent on record - Capital Weather Gang - The Washington Post

And the science:

All About Sea Ice, Arctic vs. Antarctic :: National Snow and Ice Data Center

Nobody can prove anything either way jackass......thats the whole point.:slap:

Which, by the way, is exactly why the science isnt mattering for dick in the real world. Like I said......when northern Siberia has a period of 3 weeks straight in January of 70 degree's, perhaps then the science will matter. Until then, it wont.

I love this forum because I see these meatheads knocking themselves out for 2 decades now talking about "consensus" science.

And how impressed are the carbon cutting policy makers of the world???

yawning1.jpg

This is patent nonsense, of course - just the same tired old cherry-picking and unsourced lies.

The year 1934 was a very hot year in the United States, ranking fourth behind 2012, 2006, and 1998. Globally, it is the 49th hottest year on record, whereas 2012 is the hottest year in US history, and the 9th hottest year globally.

1934 is the hottest year on record

brw, SSDD, I won't respond to any more of your comments until you read the material you promised to read, and come up with a sensible, on-topic response to the science. Start by acknowledging that you now understand the difference between the Artic and Antarctic geography, for one.

laugh-3.jpg

Skooks -

Would you mind keeping the illiterate spam to your own threads?

You haven't read the material posted, and you couldn't.

Forum List

Back