Arab women activists under threat demand international support

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I wonder if there are some leaders in the Arab world who will stick up for these women.

Arab women activists under threat demand international support
Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Sat, 14 Mar 2015 01:38 GMT

Author: Maria Caspani
More on: Women's rights
A demonstrator holds a picture of assassinated human rights activist Salwa Bugaighis in Benghazi on June 27, 2014. REUTERS/Esam Omran Al-Fetori

UNITED NATIONS, March 13 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Too much talk and too little action by the international community are exposing women human rights defenders in some Arab states to great risks as the security situation deteriorates, advocates said on Friday.

Lack of support for women's security and participation in peace negotiations has helped create a climate of impunity in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA), where gross violations of human rights go unpunished, women activists said.

To continue reading, go to:

Arab women activists under threat demand international support?

The liberal women here seem to want the same treatment. They think they're in a war for wanting them to pay for their own birth control.

The liberal women here seem to want the same treatment. They think they're in a war for wanting them to pay for their own birth control.

Regardless, I don't think they are risking their lives like these Arab women activists are doing. It's dangerous to be an activist in the Arab world.

Regardless, I don't think they are risking their lives like these Arab women activists are doing. It's dangerous to be an activist in the Arab world.
It's illegal to be an activist in Israel.

Really!!! Can you cite the law for us? So, Billy Boy, you felt you had to crawl over here and bring up Israel, but nobody on this forum has seen you say anything about the tens of thousands of people who have been killed in the Arab world, all those who have been wounded, and the over 2,000,000 refugees.

Really!!! Can you cite the law for us? So, Billy Boy, you felt you had to crawl over here and bring up Israel, but nobody on this forum has seen you say anything about the tens of thousands of people who have been killed in the Arab world, all those who have been wounded, and the over 2,000,000 refugees.
I like how you start these threads, knowing full well you don't give a shit about these women.

How about the Boycott Law, for starters?

I like how you start these threads, knowing full well you don't give a shit about these women.

How about the Boycott Law, for starters?

What does boycott have to do with women activists? Let's face it, Billy, Boy, you don't give a darn for what is happening in the other Middle East countries, no matter how many are killed. You only come to the forum to diss Israel. Why not be honest about it?

The feminists here aren't even in the same league. Much braver women out there than here.

What does boycott have to do with women activists? Let's face it, Billy, Boy, you don't give a darn for what is happening in the other Middle East countries, no matter how many are killed. You only come to the forum to diss Israel. Why not be honest about it?
And you care even less.

And you care even less.

Now that Phony Baloney Billy Boy has crawled out of the woodwork, he is going to tell us of all the news he has informed the readers about in regard to what is happening in the Middle East. Anyone who is used to Billy Boy vomiting out the same old stuff knows that he is actually not interested in anything that is happening in the Middle East unless he can drag in Israel. Isn't that right, Billy Boy? I don't think anyone has seen you crawl over here and actually told the readers anything that is happening in Syria, Iraq, Yemen or any other Arab country. How about it? Do you have anything to report on what is happening in these Arab countries?

Start by giving the females the best education and support.
Sadly it is wasted on most of the males there.

Forum List

Back