Arab Spring Swaps Secular Despots For Islamist Ones...

Optimism will fade as reality begins to set in. What have we created over there? Hate to be a Debbie Downer but i see a lot of trouble ahead.

Optimism will fade as reality begins to set in. What have we created over there? Hate to be a Debbie Downer but i see a lot of trouble ahead.

The Islamists are winning the elections in Egypt, they thought things were bad under Mubarak? pffft, Mubarak will be a pussy cat compared to whatever comes next in Egypt, bet on it.

The Islamists are winning the elections in Egypt, they thought things were bad under Mubarak? pffft, Mubarak will be a pussy cat compared to whatever comes next in Egypt, bet on it.

That's what i've been saying all along. In the beginning they'll pretend to be Democratic and friendly just to please the Western Powers who give them all their cash. But as time passes,their true colors will come out. The Egyptian People will then begin to suffer. Their Women and Christians will be the first to be brutalized. This will happen eventually. I know it's very sad but it is the truth.

This is what the Egyptians want, they want an Islamic government that throws the women in burkas, cuts them out of the public life and executes homosexuals, this is what they wanted all along. The Egyptians are not as enlightened and "moderate" as the West likes to make them out to be.

Islamists Claim Egypt’s Mandate in Early Voting

CAIRO — Islamists claimed a decisive victory on Wednesday as early election results put them on track to win a dominant majority in Egypt’s first Parliament since the ouster of Hosni Mubarak, the most significant step yet in the religious movement’s rise since the start of the Arab Spring.

The party formed by the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt’s mainstream Islamist group, appeared to have taken about 40 percent of the vote, as expected. But a big surprise was the strong showing of ultraconservative Islamists, called Salafis, many of whom see most popular entertainment as sinful and reject women’s participation in voting or public life.

Analysts in the state-run news media said early returns indicated that Salafi groups could take as much as a quarter of the vote, giving the two groups of Islamists combined control of nearly 65 percent of the parliamentary seats.

That victory came at the expense of the liberal parties and youth activists who set off the revolution, affirming their fears that they would be unable to compete with Islamists who emerged from the Mubarak years organized and with an established following. Poorly organized and internally divided, the liberal parties could not compete with Islamists disciplined by decades as the sole opposition to Mr. Mubarak. “We were washed out,” said Shady el-Ghazaly Harb, one of the most politically active of the group.

Although this week’s voting took place in only a third of Egypt’s provinces, they included some of the nation’s most liberal precincts — like Cairo, Port Said and the Red Sea coast — suggesting that the Islamist wave is likely to grow stronger as the voting moves into more conservative rural areas in the coming months. (Alexandria, a conservative stronghold, also has voted.)

The preliminary results extend the rising influence of Islamists across a region where they were once outlawed and oppressed by autocrats aligned with the West. Islamists have formed governments in Tunisia and Morocco. They are positioned for a major role in post-Qaddafi Libya as well. But it is the victory in Egypt — the largest and once the most influential Arab state, an American ally considered a linchpin of regional stability — that has the potential to upend the established order across the Middle East.

Islamist leaders, many jailed for years under Mr. Mubarak, were exultant. “We abide by the rules of democracy, and accept the will of the people,” Essam el-Erian, a leader of the Brotherhood’s new party, wrote in the British newspaper The Guardian. “There will be winners and losers. But the real — and only — victor is Egypt.”

Results will not be final until January, after two more rounds of voting. And the ultimate scope of the new Parliament’s power remains unclear because Egypt has remained under military rule since Mr. Mubarak resigned as president in February. But Parliament is expected to play a role in drafting a new Constitution with the ruling military council, although the council has given contradictory indications about how much parliamentary input it will allow.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/w...ypt-shows-mandate-for-islamists.html?_r=1&hpw

Yes,their Women and Christians will be the first to be brutalized. But the Islamists will be friendly in the beginning. They know where they get most of their cash from. The West has anointed them but they will regret it at some point.

LOL I find it so funny how the Western media has these labels of "Arab Spring" and "Islamic Winter"

The people are now choosing the form of government that they want for themselves.

I am happy that they want an Islamic based government based on Sharia Law.

That is the true so called Arab Spring.

While the Arab Winter describes all of the years the people were forced to live under secular brutal dictatorships that were backed by the Western nations.

How do you feel about the U.S. being responsible for them installing an islamic based gov't, like in Iraq?

That's what i've been saying all along. In the beginning they'll pretend to be Democratic and friendly just to please the Western Powers who give them all their cash. But as time passes,their true colors will come out. The Egyptian People will then begin to suffer. Their Women and Christians will be the first to be brutalized. This will happen eventually. I know it's very sad but it is the truth.

You pretty much nailed it, and once an Islamic government is in place they won't even have elections anymore, they will just have elections at first to get voted in than the Egyptians are stuck with them.

You pretty much nailed it, and once an Islamic government is in place they won't even have elections anymore, they will just have elections at first to get voted in than the Egyptians are stuck with them.

The Islamists will put on a nice-nice show for the West initially but it will be all downhill from then on. The West will celebrate and claim victory and the Media will go along. But once the Media leaves and the West moves onto other Wars,the Islamists will begin their crackdown. It is inevitable.

The Islamists will put on a nice-nice show for the West initially but it will be all downhill from then on. The West will celebrate and claim victory and the Media will go along. But once the Media leaves and the West moves onto other Wars,the Islamists will begin their crackdown. It is inevitable.

Of course, the Islamists aren't stupid they are going to put on a dog and poney show for as long as possible to keep getting the cash and American Military aid, which will further help them crack down on their own people.

Of course, the Islamists aren't stupid they are going to put on a dog and poney show for as long as possible to keep getting the cash and American Military aid, which will further help them crack down on their own people.

Yea we really do have a sad vicious circle foreign policy. But i guess the Military Industrial Complex does like it that way. Big big money. When the cameras leave and the West heads off to start more Wars,the Clerics will seize the opportunity and begin their tyranny. I'll pray for the Egyptian People. I really will.

Did anyone really expect arab countries to choose true democracy over sharia law....?
Christianity is disappearing in the ME....the freedoms of many are being suppressed....
What have we helped to create......the new Islamic Caliphate dream of the 21st Century....?

united-muslim-states-4.jpg

Yea we really do have a sad vicious circle foreign policy. But i guess the Military Industrial Complex does like it that way. Big big money. When the cameras leave and the West heads off to start more Wars,the Clerics will seize the opportunity and begin their tyranny. I'll pray for the Egyptian People. I really will.

The scary thing is the Salafists are rising up in the polls, even higher than the Muslim Brotherhood, the Salafists are even more extreme than the brotherhood, these guys want to ban alcohol, concerts, cover women in Burkas and tear up the peace agreeements with Israel, if these guys are who the Egyptians want, thats tell us alot about the mentality of the Egyptian people. Alot of Americans see the Pyramids and the Sphinx and have alot of romantic unrealistic opinions about Egypt and what Egyptians are like, the people that built those Pyramids are long gone and have nothing to do with the people who currently reside there, Egyptians are a religious backwards people for the most part and Egypt is a third world shit hole, it is what it is.

Did anyone really expect arab countries to choose true democracy over sharia law....?
Christianity is disappearing in the ME....the freedoms of many are being suppressed....
What have we helped to create......the new Islamic Caliphate dream of the 21st Century....?

You are spot on, 100,000 Christians have left Egypt this year alone since Mubarak stepped down, it will be many more once an Islamic government takes power.

You are spot on, 100,000 Christians have left Egypt this year alone since Mubarak stepped down, it will be many more once an Islamic government takes power.

Yes it's pretty devastating. Blow-Back. It will blow back our way at some point. In fact it's already beginning to.

the caliphate dream is real.......europe will fall in the next few decades....

I don't know if Europe will be falling but they sure do have a big problem with their Muslim populations. Many if not most have not been assimilated. They have become mini Muslim nations within these European nations. There will be trouble. Once their numbers reach that tipping-point,there will be much unrest in Europe. Just my opinion anyway.

I don't know if Europe will be falling but they sure do have a big problem with their Muslim populations. Many if not most have not been assimilated. They have become mini Muslim nations within these European nations. There will be trouble. Once their numbers reach that tipping-point,there will be much unrest in Europe. Just my opinion anyway.

We have similar problems with our Muslim population but on a smaller scale, dozens of Somali Americans have went to Somalia to join Al Shabab and fight against the West.

Al Shabab

We have similar problems with our Muslim population but on a smaller scale, dozens of Somali Americans have went to Somalia to join Al Shabab and fight against the West.

Al Shabab

Yea it is a problem here too but not even close to what Europe will be dealing with for many years to come. Their Immigration policies have been a terrible calamity. There will be big problems once their Muslim population numbers reach a tipping-point. And it's not "Islamophobic" to point that out. I know some just love that "Islamophobia" term. Europe's problems are real. And they are going to get worse.

Al Shabab

Yea it is a problem here too but not even close to what Europe will be dealing with for many years to come. Their Immigration policies have been a terrible calamity. There will be big problems once their Muslim population numbers reach a tipping-point. And it's not "Islamophobic" to point that out. I know some just love that "Islamophobia" term. Europe's problems are real. And they are going to get worse.

Oh its definently not even close because we don't have anywhere near the same number of Muslims as they do, you can definently see the writing on the wall in Europe. Shariah courts are popping up all over Europe, once you let that genie out of the bottle you cannot put it back in.

Forum List

Back