Arab Spring Swaps Secular Despots For Islamist Ones...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
What do our new puppets in Egypt,Libya,and Iraq have in store for us in the future?

The United Nations Development Programme’s 2002 Arab Human Development Report stated that “deeply rooted shortcomings” existed in Arab countries. In other other words, Arab societies were sick. According to the report, this sickness was reflected in the lack of “respect for human rights and freedoms,” the status of Arab women, and the poor state of “knowledge acquisition and its effective utilization.”

The follow-up report in 2003 stated: “True democracy is absent and desperately needed. The educational system is severely retarded; schools produce ignorant young men and women. Most of the [Arab] intellectuals] realize, even if they deny it, that most of what was said in the most recent Arab Human Development Report is true.”

So if you were thinking that the so-called Arab Spring was going to fix all that, well, you’d better think again. It looks like the Arab Spring will be followed by an Arab Winter. On second thought, this is a development that was entirely predictable: The Islamists are going to inherit the mantle of the dictators.

Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in Tunisia, Hosni Mubarak in Egypt and Muammar Gadhafi in Libya were corrupt dictators who outlived their days. They all suppressed the Islamic movements in their respective countries, and were all thus on the side of the seculars in their own perverse way. The same holds true for Syria’s Bashar Assad, whose father, Hafez, killed some 20,000 people in the city of Hama in 1982, quelling a rebellion by the Moslem Brothers. Now, his son, Bashar, no less ruthless, seems to be about to go the way of Ben Ali,Mubarak,and Gadhafi.

Read more...
Arab Spring Swaps Secular Despots for Islamist Ones

I'm just not very optimistic that our puppets will behave well in the future. What are we creating over there? Some say a wonderful Democratic Utopia but i tend to disagree.

Its hard to say because its still early, but the smart money is on those countries all having an even more Islamic style of government and becoming even bigger shitholes than they already are.

Its hard to say because its still early, but the smart money is on those countries all having an even more Islamic style of government and becoming even bigger shitholes than they already are.

Yea i just wonder about what we have unleashed over there. I think Blow-Back will be very strong on this.

unless Islam undergoes a new enlightened reformation.....it will continue to be an anti-west "Arab Winter"....

unless Islam undergoes a new enlightened reformation.....it will continue to be an anti-west "Arab Winter"....

Yea we may long for those secular despots someday.

I guess thats what I dont understand about you calling the new governments puppets, they dont appear to really give to rats about us. I can see puppets for the old despots I suppose, but not the new boss which is not the same as the old boss.

several countries got rid of their leaders without our intervention

You so sure about that? We're usually involved one way or another. You may not know it but that's the way it's supposed to be in some cases.

LOL I find it so funny how the Western media has these labels of "Arab Spring" and "Islamic Winter"

The people are now choosing the form of government that they want for themselves.

I am happy that they want an Islamic based government based on Sharia Law.

That is the true so called Arab Spring.

While the Arab Winter describes all of the years the people were forced to live under secular brutal dictatorships that were backed by the Western nations.

LOL I find it so funny how the Western media has these labels of "Arab Spring" and "Islamic Winter"

The people are now choosing the form of government that they want for themselves.

While the Arab Winter describes all of the years the people were forced to live under secular brutal dictatorships that were backed by the Western nations.

Hey i wish them well. I really do. But i'm not optimistic.

I hope it's all wonderful. And maybe...just maybe... all the American muslims that desire to live under sharia law will move there.

I hope it's all wonderful. And maybe...just maybe... all the American muslims that desire to live under sharia law will move there.

:lol: That is funny.

Notice that you said "American" Muslims?

This is our country as much as it is your country.

Most American born muslims have no desire to live in another country.

So we will just work within the democratic political system to change the laws to accommodate our religion. :cool:

Arab Spring Swaps Secular Despots For Islamist Ones...

We saw that in Iraq.

Fucking right wingers. If they would just go to school and learn something. And I don't mean Bible School. I mean something real. And not from history books rewritten for a "conservative slant", like in Texas. But real history. You have those darn "educated elite" saying what was going to happen in Iraq since before Bush and the Republicans tricked America into giving up young American lives and treasure to invade a country that never attacked us and was enemies with Bin Laden. If they would only bother to "learn something" of value. It would help the country. When you care about party over country, I guess it doesn't matter.

In a democracy, people get the government they deserve. If the Arab spring turns into Islamic dictatorships, it will be because the people there let it happen.

If you look at the history of the nations of the middle east, you will see that most were created by the West without the input or desire of those living in those areas.

I wish the peoples of that region well, I fear for their future should they choose to be governed by religion. That has never worked out well for any religion or people.

Jefferson feared that religion would corrupt government. Madison feared that government would corrupt religion. Both were correct.

Forum List

Back