Arab nations agree to form unified military to combat common threats

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can understand their rationale for doing this.

BY ETHAN BARTON | MARCH 29, 2015 | 4:26 PM

Arab League Secretary-General Nabil al-Arabi, right, and Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri...
Violence in the Middle East, now the most volatile and polarized in at least 35 years, led Arab states to agree Sunday to assemble a military coalition to fight common threats, a task unachieved in the group's 65-year history.

The force, with about 40,000 soldiers, would be based in either Cairo or Riyadh and would deploy in areas such as Libya and Yemen, primarily to combat the Islamic State, the Guardian reported.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi touted the idea at an Arab League summit in Sharm el-Sheikh in his home country. The group's 22 members gathered to discuss the region's multitude of crises.

"The Arab leaders have decided to agree on the principle of a joint Arab military force," Sisi said.

Nabil al-Arabi, the Arab League's head, hopes that a unified force will suppress the Islamic State's power from spreading further as it maintains footholds in eastern Syria, western Iraq and parts of Libya.

Continue reading at:

Arab nations agree to form unified military to combat common threats WashingtonExaminer.com

I doubt it. We don't do unified commands except for for large operations and then we put everyone that is from one Country in their own group.

It's kind of upsetting to me because this sort of spells the end of Egyptians seeing themselves as Egyptians and maintaining a cultural identity as Egyptians rather than identifying themselves as Arabs. But then again ISIS and Iran pose a grave threat to the people of that region, so a unified body against them seems good.

Arab League Secretary-General Nabil al-Arabi, right, and Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri...
Violence in the Middle East, now the most volatile and polarized in at least 35 years, led Arab states to agree Sunday to assemble a military coalition to fight common threats, a task unachieved in the group's 65-year history.

The force, with about 40,000 soldiers, would be based in either Cairo or Riyadh and would deploy in areas such as Libya and Yemen, primarily to combat the Islamic State, the Guardian reported.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi touted the idea at an Arab League summit in Sharm el-Sheikh in his home country. The group's 22 members gathered to discuss the region's multitude of crises.

"The Arab leaders have decided to agree on the principle of a joint Arab military force," Sisi said.

Nabil al-Arabi, the Arab League's head, hopes that a unified force will suppress the Islamic State's power from spreading further as it maintains footholds in eastern Syria, western Iraq and parts of Libya.

Continue reading at:

Arab nations agree to form unified military to combat common threats WashingtonExaminer.com
Oh my....... :cool:

Continue reading at:

This is vey interesting. I was just reading something from the book of Daniel that is very similar to this. End Time News - Signs from Daniel 11 - in Middle East today

Forum List

Back