April was a Very Bad Month

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
To say the very least. April was definitely a bad month. This is a short list of some of the things that happened this past month but it is by no means a complete list. If you think of anything else add it on..

In the month of April - not in order - Thousands were displaced by a 6.2 earthquake & Tsunami in Chili. Russia invaded the Ukraine, a Korean ferry sinks with over 300 people perishing. 79 were injured and 3 dead in yet another Chinese train attack, Tornado outbreaks at end of month of April killed at least 40 people across the Southeastern United States.

The president declared parts of Mississippi and Indiana as disaster zones. The Ft. Hood shooting takes place April 2, 2014, 16 are injured and several are announced dead in first reports, the Solomon Islands were flooded and thousands of homes washed away with dozens reported missing, more deaths, 100 girls are kidnapped from a Nigerian school during an Islamic uprising mid April.

The Bundy Stand-off with the federal govt was stressful - happened in April - An Egyptian judge sentenced 683 people to death the other day. According to one news source there are over 1 million people who have left the workforce in the month of April 2014. There was an epic storm in Fla with flooding in Pensacola that was just unbelievable.

Just a few days ago - April news report - I read that China announced she would be doing naval drills with Russia in the South China Sea. That is very disturbing news to me.

Mount Everest just had the deadliest avalanche in recorded history in April- loss of life again - A coding error Causes internet scare on April 10 and Security experts advise computer users to change their passwords. The clippers owner was banned for life for scandal in media.

During the month of April there were 106 earthquakes 4.5 or greater worldwide from April 4 - 10. What happened before and after April 10th I haven't looked up.

Is there anything I've missed? If you can think of something mention it! April was a very bad month, folks!
No wonder the past month was so stressful! One more terrible happening in April... the attack on the snyagogue.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/25246018/nashville-synagogues-increasing-security-after-shootingshooting
Posted: Apr 14, 2014 7:55 PM EDT

In the wake of Sunday's shootings, the Jewish community celebrates a Holy Week. Monday marks the first night of Passover, which means many congregations are hosting Seder meals.
Rabbi Arthur Nemitoff of the Temple, Congregation B'Nai Jehudah says security is undoubtedly on their minds.
"I know our congregation is concerned about security and we have begun the discussion with police, as well as internally, to make sure people feel safe and secure," Nemitoff said.
Still, he stressed that Sunday's attacks at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City and Village Shalom were random acts that could not necessarily have been avoided.

"The event that occurred, those were outside the building in the parking lot. Nothing could have avoided that from happening other than not having a crazed person on the street," the rabbi said.

Correction on OP -

*** Ukraine - Russian conflict began in Feb. Escalated substantially in April.

Last edited:
Nothing particularly bad there, on a global scale or a USA scale. Doesn't rise above the noise.

The level of anxiety created by the news of Russians invading Ukraine would make it a bad month by itself. You must be kidding me.

RW & Mammooth... if you have seen worse or relatively equal in recent times why not post the Month?

I've seen worse

MUCH worse

Name a recent month like this past one. Post your evidence, Mr. I've seen much worse. :eusa_angel:

Gee

I thought Hurricane Sandy was pretty nasty
I was kinda bummed when that kid shot up Sandy Hook elementary
That Japanese Tsunami was a bitch

Those are events I will remember the rest of my life. I don't think I will remember a thing from this past April

Last edited:
I've seen worse

MUCH worse

Name a recent month like this past one. Post your evidence, Mr. I've seen much worse. :eusa_angel:

Gee

Those are events I will remember the rest of my life. I don't think I will remember a thing from this past April

How long ago was Hurricane Sandy?

What else happened and how many lives were lost during Sandy? There were 40 lives lost last count for the tornado victims. That is loss of life for that particular tragedy. Add on the Ferry sinking and that is 300 more lives lost. What else happened in the month Hurrican Sandy happened, RW?

Hurricane Sandy ( the Tsunami is much further back ) was a good while ago so you are only making my point. Still I must insist that April 2014 was a very bad month.

Last edited:

Gee

What else happened and how many lives were lost during Sandy? There were 40 lives lost last count for the tornado victims. That is loss of life for that particular tragedy. Add on the Ferry sinking and that is 300 more lives lost. What else happened in the month Hurrican Sandy happened, RW?

Hurricane Sandy ( the Tsunami is much further back ) was a good while ago so you are only making my point. Still I must insist that April 2014 was a very bad month.

If you ask people in June about the horrible things that happened in April 2014, I doubt many could tell you

But they will remember Sandy Hook, Hurricane Sandy and the Japanese Tsumami for the rest of their lives

Gee

If you ask people in June about the horrible things that happened in April 2014, I doubt many could tell you

But they will remember Sandy Hook, Hurricane Sandy and the Japanese Tsumami for the rest of their lives

Other people didn't respond to the thread, you did. Look it up. - J.

Last edited:
Historically speaking, April seems to be the worst of months. Horrible things every year. The people at Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Joplin could tell you as much and that is just getting started.

Historically speaking, April seems to be the worst of months. Horrible things every year. The people at Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Joplin could tell you as much and that is just getting started.

Well this year is no exception as you can see, RC. I had not heard of this before but back in the month of May I decided to look up some information about the month of April after reading the history of April 19 and 20th history in a news article. So while April was rolling along I was watching one disaster after another unfold and wondering if there was a connection.

April 2014 was also the month of the First Blood Moon in Israel which is a bad omen.

Last edited:
Not only are we seeing a lot of natural disasters but also a lot of social tension. America is falling; Communist China and Russia are rising and becoming more aggressive. Tensions between China and India as well as China and Japan. America's poverty class expanding. Unemployment high.

But you and I know there's a bright side in the long run.

I paid my taxes in April

Guess it was a bad month

Not only are we seeing a lot of natural disasters but also a lot of social tension. America is falling; Communist China and Russia are rising and becoming more aggressive. Tensions between China and India as well as China and Japan. America's poverty class expanding. Unemployment high.

I believe after the world saw Russia going after the Ukraine they realized the Soviets are back. It was a chilling moment. The days that have followed have not been good. This past month we have seen Obama visiting Japan and making speech - in reassurance of our treaty - which again has created more turbulence with China and now the Chinese have announced a few days ago ( April again! ) that they are going to do naval drills with the Russians in the South China Sea!

This is a direct threat in the near future - one more bit of bad April news.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Wednesday it would conduct joint naval drills with Russia in the East China Sea off Shanghai in late May, in what it called a bid to deepen military cooperation.

China-Russia to hold East China Sea naval drills Associated Press U.S.-Japan statement: Treaty covers Senkakus, will work on trade Reuters Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats Associated Press Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China Reuters Obama says U.S.-Japan treaty covers disputed isles, but no new 'red line' Reuters China's defense ministry did not give an exact location in the East China Sea, where Beijing is locked in an increasingly bitter dispute with Japan over the ownership of a group of uninhabited islets.

"These drills are regular exercises held by China and Russia's navies, and the purpose is to deepen practical cooperation between the two militaries, to raise the ability to jointly deal with maritime security threats," the ministry said on its website. read more on link...........

http://news.yahoo.com/china-conduct...-182415119.html;_ylt=AwrBJR5_QGFTlk8AUU7QtDMD

Last edited:
Russia invaded the Ukraine
Come on you have some serious confirmation bias going here.

The Russian intervention in Crimea started in February when unidentified soldiers first started appearing. Most of the major military takeovers of Ukrainian military facilities happened in March.

You're attributing it to April because you already decided April is when bad things happened.

I believe after the world saw Russia going after the Ukraine they realized the Soviets are back. It was a chilling moment. The days that have followed have not been good. This past month we have seen Obama visiting Japan and making speech - in reassurance of our treaty - which again has created more turbulence with China and now the Chinese have announced a few days ago ( April again! ) that they are going to do naval drills with the Russians in the South China Sea!

This is a direct threat in the near future - one more bit of bad April news.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China said on Wednesday it would conduct joint naval drills with Russia in the East China Sea off Shanghai in late May, in what it called a bid to deepen military cooperation.

China-Russia to hold East China Sea naval drills Associated Press U.S.-Japan statement: Treaty covers Senkakus, will work on trade Reuters Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats Associated Press Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China Reuters Obama says U.S.-Japan treaty covers disputed isles, but no new 'red line' Reuters China's defense ministry did not give an exact location in the East China Sea, where Beijing is locked in an increasingly bitter dispute with Japan over the ownership of a group of uninhabited islets.

"These drills are regular exercises held by China and Russia's navies, and the purpose is to deepen practical cooperation between the two militaries, to raise the ability to jointly deal with maritime security threats," the ministry said on its website. read more on link...........

China to conduct naval drills with Russia in East China Sea

In the meantime, our "allies" are in as much trouble as America is in many cases and ways. Economic woes; weakening military; social upheaval; and a general lack of respect and confidence in our President.

I can see why Gracie would be depressed by all the bad news but sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. As the old saying goes: When one door shuts another Door opens.

This is happening in May, right?

Again you're sticking it to April because you've made up your mind about April. I'm quite sure if you had started a bunch of threads predicting doom in May, you'd be including these naval drills as a May event.

Forum List

Back