Apparently Michelle Obama's "great" speech wasn't as well received as you might have heard

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The liberals at NBC News were "reporting" what was going on at the DNC Convention... or, at least, reporting what they wanted everybody to think was going on. Some (Savannah Guthrie, Chuck Todd) were up in the broadcaster's booth, and one (Andrea Mitchell) was down among the delegates themselves with a microphone and cameraman.

And one of them slipped up, and told what really happened.

Reaction was quick from the booth. "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!" Or to that reporter in the crowd who said what actually happened.

------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Mitchell Accidentally Reports the Truth, F. Chuck Todd Slaps Her Down - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Andrea Mitchell Accidentally Reports the Truth, F. Chuck Todd Slaps Her Down

July 26, 2016

Savannah Guthrie said, "It was a pretty succinct case for Hillary Clinton and against Donald Trump, but done with the trademark Michelle Obama grace. Andrea Mitchell is down on the floor in the New York delegation. How did it go over down there, Andrea?"

MITCHELL: Well, about 40% of the delegation really sat on their hands. Uh, even though this is the first lady and Michelle Obama could not be more popular, 40% of these delegates are Bernie Sanders delegates. Some of them stood up, about three or four, you could see perhaps. But some have their Robin Hood hats on. So there was some resistance even to Michelle Obama, which is a big signal to this convention, to the Clinton campaign, that even their most popular speakers are not gonna persuade the hardcore Bernie Sanders supporters.

TODD: Uhh, we gotta remember there's a -- millions of people watching on television, and I think they heard nothing. It didn't sound like people were sitting on their hands. So I don't think it would have that kind of impact.

The liberals at NBC News were "reporting" what was going on at the DNC Convention... or, at least, reporting what they wanted everybody to think was going on. Some (Savannah Guthrie, Chuck Todd) were up in the broadcaster's booth, and one (Andrea Mitchell) was down among the delegates themselves with a microphone and cameraman.

Reaction was quick from the booth. "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!" Or to that reporter in the crowd who said what actually happened.

Andrea Mitchell Accidentally Reports the Truth, F. Chuck Todd Slaps Her Down - The Rush Limbaugh Show

July 26, 2016

Savannah Guthrie said, "It was a pretty succinct case for Hillary Clinton and against Donald Trump, but done with the trademark Michelle Obama grace. Andrea Mitchell is down on the floor in the New York delegation. How did it go over down there, Andrea?"

MITCHELL: Well, about 40% of the delegation really sat on their hands. Uh, even though this is the first lady and Michelle Obama could not be more popular, 40% of these delegates are Bernie Sanders delegates. Some of them stood up, about three or four, you could see perhaps. But some have their Robin Hood hats on. So there was some resistance even to Michelle Obama, which is a big signal to this convention, to the Clinton campaign, that even their most popular speakers are not gonna persuade the hardcore Bernie Sanders supporters.

TODD: Uhh, we gotta remember there's a -- millions of people watching on television, and I think they heard nothing. It didn't sound like people were sitting on their hands. So I don't think it would have that kind of impact.
The Rush Limbaugh Show.

Now that is fucking hilarious. ROTFLMAO.

The Rush Limbaugh Show.

TRANSLATION: I hate what Limbaugh is saying, but I can't refute it, especially since Limbaugh provided clear recordings of the NBC liberals bending over backward to conceal and deflect from what Mitchell reported. So I'll attack the messenger instead, call him names, curse and swear, and pretend there was something wrong with the message even though I can't name anything, and hope I can fool somebody somewhere into believing me anyway.

The Rush Limbaugh Show.

TRANSLATION: I hate what Limbaugh is saying, but I can't refute it, especially since Limbaugh provided clear recordings of the NBC liberals bending over backward to conceal and deflect from what Mitchell reported. So I'll attack the messenger instead, call him names, curse and swear, and pretend there was something wrong with the message even though I can't name anything, and hope I can fool somebody somewhere into believing me anyway.

Limbaugh refers to himself as a radio personality and entertainer. Why don't you?
"""Indeed, while Limbaugh is first and foremost — he says solely — an entertainer who keeps listeners tuned in, his brand of liberal-baiting, on-air politics has made him a lightning rod.""""
Rush Limbaugh: I love to ‘yank media’s chain’

July 26, 2016

The Rush Limbaugh Show.

All you are doing is reinforcing our dour opinion of disingenuous people like you. Worthless contestants.

Limbaugh refers to himself as a radio personality and entertainer. Why don't you?
TRANSLATION: I hate what Limbaugh is saying, but I can't refute it, especially since Limbaugh provided clear recordings of the NBC liberals bending over backward to conceal and deflect from what Mitchell reported. So I'll attack the messenger instead, and pretend that "who said it" is far more important than "what he said", and hope I can fool somebody somewhere into believing me anyway.

The bottom-line is that almost everybody who saw Michelle Obama 's speech, pretty much called it a winner. I'm talking both sides of the aisle. Even Donald Trump had nothing but good things to say about her speech.

Trump praises Michelle Obama’s DNC speech
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump says he enjoyed first lady Michelle Obama’s speech Monday night to the Democratic National Convention, despite the fact much of her address attacked him for his policies and portrait of the country.
Trump told The Hollywood Reporter, in an interview released Tuesday, that he liked Obama’s speech. "I thought her delivery was excellent," he said. "I thought she did a very good job. I liked her speech."
Obama’s speech was widely praised by pundits for presenting a convincing argument in favor of Hillary Clinton, weaving in the first lady’s personal experiences in the White House and explaining why Clinton is best to preserve her husband’s legacy. She also threw jabs at Trump.
Read more: Trump praises Michelle Obama’s DNC speech
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
This thread is so weak it doesn't deserve to exist.

Obama’s speech was widely praised by pundits for presenting a convincing argument in favor of Hillary Clinton
One of the pundits who praised Michelle's speech was NBC's Chuck Todd, who (as described in the OP) ignored his own reporter's account from the delegate floor pointing out that half the delegates sat on their hands and did not applaud. Todd opined that it didn't happen, and admonished the reporter not to say such things, even though the reporter was there and Todd wasn't.

How many other mainstream media "pundits" are so thoroughly convinced Hillary can do no wrong, that their "opinions" of how people feel about her cannot be changed even by plainly observed facts to the contrary?

It was a great speech, left the right wing hate battalions speechless except for Billy who stepped in it and tracked it around the house….

The perfect strategic hit job on Drumpf utilizing a double demo where he is powerless to hit back.

It was a great speech, left the right wing hate battalions speechless except for Billy who stepped in it and tracked it around the house….

The perfect strategic hit job on Drumpf utilizing a double demo where he is powerless to hit back.
It was ominously fascist.....

Aren't families supposed to take care of kids, not Government?

The bottom-line is that almost everybody who saw Michelle Obama 's speech, pretty much called it a winner. I'm talking both sides of the aisle. Even Donald Trump had nothing but good things to say about her speech.
Her style is too Hitleresque. Same thing with most Democrats.

She had a microphone. With modern audio amplification systems there's no need to scream to be heard when reading what your speechwriter wrote. It makes her sound disingenuous.

Crooked Hillary and Barry Soetoro are even worse.

Democrats are too stupid to see past their feigned emotional outbursts.

Last edited:
At least she didn't bark like a dog this time....:lol:
Funny thing is... that time she barked like a dog on stage was when she seemed the most human.

Actually that could have been funny if was an off the cuff remark. But that wasn't the case. It sounded contrived, disingenuous and scripted, not clever.

Just like everything else Crooked Hillary spews.

July 26, 2016

NBC isn't "liberal". it is corporate and money-leaning, it just isn't rightwingnut media

dismissed

I beg to differ. The first three minutes was nothing but "barking" (getting attention) and patting herself and Barry on the back about how good she thought they were as parents.

July 26, 2016

NBC isn't "liberal". it is corporate and money-leaning, it just isn't rightwingnut media

dismissed

It's Liberal money leaning and corporate.

Wowsa, some folks don't realize the MSM is biased for democrats. Scary, low information folks scare me.

The only part of the DNC convention I watched was about 3 minutes of Kaine just so I could chuckle when people spoke of how wonderful he was. Didn't see any of the rest of it other than a clip here and there on the news.

Forum List

Back