Apartheid Israel

Speaking of holy assholes"

"Golda Meir, considered by Israelis as a great leader and by others as one of history’s great killers, disputed the facts: 'It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist.'”

Sounds like the ghoul of your dreams, doc.

CounterPunch

"Golda Meir, considered by Israelis as a great leader and by others as one of history’s great killers, disputed the facts: 'It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist.'” Sounds like the ghoul of your dreams, doc. CounterPunch
Pity, that cunterpunch doesn't say who made the quote up, trademarks, intellectual property laws, so sad.

"Golda Meir, considered by Israelis as a great leader and by others as one of history’s great killers, disputed the facts: 'It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist.'”

CounterPunch

I think what Golda meant was: there was, of course, Arabs residing in that area, but they never defined themselves before as a distinct "Palestinian" people. That didn't come about until 1967 (or perhaps 1964, when the P.L.O. was established). Since 1967 though, a distinct Palestinan identity has evolved.

And the "Palestinian" population has increased a thousand fold with Shia Arabians who have come from....

Where?

They use Iranian rockets and have Iranian training. Over ten thousand of them now. None before Iran began its machinations.

Hmm....

CounterPunch

I think what Golda meant was: there was, of course, Arabs residing in that area, but they never defined themselves before as a distinct "Palestinian" people. That didn't come about until 1967 (or perhaps 1964, when the P.L.O. was established). Since 1967 though, a distinct Palestinan identity has evolved.
I hope you're right about Golda.

I guess we would have to know how much money she personally acquired from the killing and displacement of people who never existed.

If every penny of war profit was taxed at 101% AFTER the first innocent civilian died, war would go the way of chattel slavery.

And so would the US economy.

People existed. They just were not called Palestinians. 'tis a done deal. Israel is recreated and is strong.

We continue...

CounterPunch

I hope you're right about Golda.

I guess we would have to know how much money she personally acquired from the killing and displacement of people who never existed.

If every penny of war profit was taxed at 101% AFTER the first innocent civilian died, war would go the way of chattel slavery.

And so would the US economy.

That is ridiculous. Mrs. Meir didn't care about "profits". She was into ideology. The only war under her watch was the Yom Kippur War, which Egypt and Syria started on the Day of Atonement. Since you are quoting her, didn't she say, "Peace will come to the region, when the Arabs care more about their children, than killing Israelis"? I'm paraphrasing, but it was something to that effect.

People existed. They just were not called Palestinians. 'tis a done deal. Israel is recreated and is strong.

We continue...

Good point. Jews were not the first people in "Palestine" nor were they ever the only people there. There has been a parallel population since the beginning of time. When the Jews say that they have been there for 3000 years, that is only a half truth designed to mislead.

There is no precedence for the Jews to claim exclusive rights.

We continue...

Good point. Jews were not the first people in "Palestine" nor were they ever the only people there. There has been a parallel population since the beginning of time. When the Jews say that they have been there for 3000 years, that is only a half truth designed to mislead.

So Americans should leave the US as well, because we were not here the longest.

We continue...

So Americans should leave the US as well, because we were not here the longest.

It would be like some minority in the US claiming exclusive rights because they came over on the Mayflower.

Donkeys of the world...

"Goyim [non-Jews] were born only to serve us.'

"Explaining why God allowed non-Jews long lives, he added: 'Imagine that your donkey would die, you’d lose your income. [The donkey] is your servant. … That’s why he [the gentile] gets a long life, to work well for the Jew.'”

Israel's racist rabbis

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Coming Face To Face With Israeli Racism

by Adam Astan on August 3, 2009

"A few days ago, an incident in Tel Aviv changed my entire perception of Israel.

"Naive as I am, I thought that Tel Aviv is a more liberal and left leaning city in Israel.

"So I figured that I would not feel too incredibility uncomfortable wearing a Free Palestine T-shirt.

"So I went about my day just thinking that I’m another Israeli walking the streets of Tel Aviv.

"But I was wrong. I was very wrong.

"I was not just another Israeli.

"I had a very dark tan and 2 weeks of facial hair that I was too lazy to shave off.

"Thus, wearing my Free Palestine T-shirt, I was no longer an 'Israeli,' I had for all intents and purposes become a 'Palestinian.'

"My semi-Farsi accent in Hebrew and the darkness of my skin made me lose all the Jewish privileges I previously held.

"If I had dirty-blond hair and fair skin, I would just be another lefty Tel Aviv Jew.

"But that was not the case.

"So I went about my day receiving one dirty look after another, getting my entire bag searched before I entered any building, etc.

"The worst came as I was taking the bus from Tel Aviv to Holon.

"As I was on the bus, an Israeli man who spoke no English grabbed my arm and accused me of being a suicide bomber. He said that I was wearing a terrorist flag on my T-Shirt, and that I need to be forced off the bus..."

Racist Jews on buses

Forum List

Back