AOC complains that her $174,000 annual salary isn't enough to start a family for "working and middle class" people like her

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The esteemed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just took to Instagram to complain that she, as a congresswoman, is not pulling in enough of your money.

The always enlightening Ocasio-Cortez opined on how only ten women in history have given birth as congresspeople. And she thinks that it's because her $174,000 yearly salary just isn't enough money to start a family.

The poor struggling poor working class tartkunt claiming that 174k per year along with unreal benefits isn't enough for her to consider starting a family.

You stupid pathetic disgusting shit eating leftists. You're all unreal losers.

My heart just bleeds for her and how hard all our elected officials work....

laughing-lmao.gif

The esteemed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just took to Instagram to complain that she, as a congresswoman, is not pulling in enough of your money.

The always enlightening Ocasio-Cortez opined on how only ten women in history have given birth as congresspeople. And she thinks that it's because her $174,000 yearly salary just isn't enough money to start a family.

The poor struggling poor working class tartkunt claiming that 174k per year along with unreal benefits isn't enough for her to consider starting a family.

Does the idiot know she can vote a raise for herself?

A third of that is taken as Federal, State and Local taxes, which the dumb broad not only supports but wants to increase.

Then her party screwed up the economy with massive inflation that further decreased the purchasing power.

She is the problem she is bitching about. but is too dumb to know it

None of you morons bothered to read her actual words did you? She was making a pretty salient point about how congress is full of millionaire elites instead of average working class people (who are more representative of the general population and are more likely to understand their struggles) and that this is by design to minimize the ability of average Americans to challenge the rule of the wealthy elite.

(A). Is she talking about as a single mother? Good grief, can you imagine how fcuked up that kid would be?

(B) On a serious note, how do you factor in the fact that she may be compelled by circumstance to maintain two residences? One at home, and one in DC? I don't think they get a housing allowance.

(C). The reason why a congressional term is only two (2) years is so that citizens could serve in Congress for a term, and then go back to their real lives as farmers or businessmen. The idea of a career politician is inconsistent with this concept.

(D). Is there no one in her district who could unseat her? Is she the best they can come up with? Good Lord, what a prospect.

(E). I suspect she never made that much when she was flashing her cleavage and teeth for tips.

:shok:

Spoken truly like one of the reasons we would have to pay something like $30 TRILLION of debt off just to be BROKE ... yet they're still spending more money we don't have...

Can someone figure out what % of a pay increase she received when she gave up her bar-tending gig to take the govt job she conned her way into that she has now?

If you divide her $174k yearly salary by her IQ, she is WAY overpaid.

:p

None of you morons bothered to read her actual words did you? She was making a pretty salient point about how congress is full of millionaire elites instead of average working class people (who are more representative of the general population and are more likely to understand their struggles) and that this is by design to minimize the ability of average Americans to challenge the rule of the wealthy elite.
Try term limits.

No?

I thought so.

What I do know is, no one likes a whiner. Do something or STHU!

Try term limits.

No?

I thought so.

What I do know is, no one likes a whiner. Do something or STHU!
How would term limits increase the number of average American in Congress and decrease the amount of people worth tens to hundreds of millions of dollars?

While I could certainly live on it she sorta has a point living in NYC.

If I had 174K in 1975 to work with that would have been the equivalent of around 1 million in today's money.

Actually, I can see it also. Especially as she probably needs TWO residences, one in NYC and one in D.C. both lib run, overly expensive shit holes. And the expectations of her new peer group, is driven by people with a shit ton of money.

I recall reading about a congressman, back in another time of grass roots republicans storming congress...was it after Newt's contract with America? That had similar issues.

But yeah, it was on this congresman who refused to play the stupid games of his rich and corrupt fellow congressmen. He lived out of his office and showered in the congressional gym and made it work.

Actually, I can see it also. Especially as she probably needs TWO residences, one in NYC and one in D.C. both lib run, overly expensive shit holes. And the expectations of her new peer group, is driven by people with a shit ton of money.

I recall reading about a congressman, back in another time of grass roots republicans storming congress...was it after Newt's contract with America? That had similar issues.

But yeah, it was on this congresman who refused to play the stupid games of his rich and corrupt fellow congressmen. He lived out of his office and showered in the congressional gym and made it work.
Yeah, there was even cases of "cats and dogs living together" with congress critters sharing rentals to keep their costs down. One guy even lived in his office till they ran him off.

They should have quarters for the congress critters....Nothing fancy, maybe put them up at the Marine Corp's barracks.

Yeah, there was even cases of "cats and dogs living together" with congress critters sharing rentals to keep their costs down. One guy even lived in his office till they ran him off.

They should have quarters for the congress critters....Nothing fancy, maybe put them up at the Marine Corp's barracks.

I don't see why the office guy got so much flak. Reasonable accommodations for the NOT RICH, seems fair.

Forum List

Back