Anything *BAD* For America, Liberals Love It.

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
More Bad News May Be on the Way for Bush

57 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent

WASHINGTON - In one of the darkest weeks of his administration, President Bush (news - web sites) saw America's reputation sullied, the U.S. effort in Iraq (news - web sites) damaged and his own campaign for re-election clouded. And more bad news may be on the way.

While the world already has been horrified by pictures of American soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, the Pentagon (news - web sites) warns there are many more photos and videos that have not been disclosed.

They show "acts that can only be described as blatantly sadistic, cruel and inhuman," embattled Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told Congress.

From the White House to Capitol Hill, policy-makers are worried that the United States faces lasting damage abroad — particularly in the Middle East — from the pictures of naked Arab men being tortured and humiliated by American soldiers, the same forces sent to Iraq to liberate the country from Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s torture and repression.

Analysts describe the pictures as great recruiting tools for al-Qaida and other extremist groups and said they undermine America's claims to a moral high ground. Rumsfeld said the impact was "radioactive."

Bush, in his weekly radio address Saturday, said, "They are a stain on our country's honor and reputation." He said the abuses were the work of a few and do not reflect the overall character of the 200,000 members of the U.S. military who have served in Iraq in the past year.

Six months from the November elections, Iraq weighs heavily on the president.

April was the deadliest month yet for American soldiers in Iraq and May is off to a bloody start.

On the diplomatic front, the administration does not know who will take power in Iraq from the United States in a June 30 handover.

Costs are soaring. The administration has sent Congress an unexpected $25 billion request for Iraq and Afghanistan (news - web sites).

Full Story

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20040508/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_bleak_week_2

Bush WILL win re-election.

He is beating Kerry in almost every poll, and history is on our side.

No senator has ever been elected President, and no sitting wartime President has ever been unseated except for Lydon Johnson.

Bush WILL win.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board.

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

As the world continues to hold America up to a DOUBLE STANDARD, and pressure from the liberal media continues to spin "nakedness" as "torture" with the help of the rest of liberal European nations and Al Jihra Arab TV, the liberals are singing with glee.

The worse things get for America, the better the liberals love it. Exactly why is it these people are "good" for America? And exactly how is it "they" could have changed anything?

If Al Gore were President right now, we'd still be having terrorist attacks here on American soil with the liberal agenda of terrorist appeasement, and we'll have that again if kerry is elected.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Bush WILL win re-election.

He is beating Kerry in almost every poll, and history is on our side.

No senator has ever been elected President, and no sitting wartime President has ever been unseated except for Lydon Johnson.

Bush WILL win.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board.

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

If hopin' and prayin' that you're right Gop guy.

And thanks for the welcome.

No senator has ever been elected President

I not sure of the full list of senators that have been elected president but the most recent that comes to mind is John Kennedy. Come on Gop guy you can do better than that.

I have complete faith that the President is going to win and in a landslide. Politics like most things in life can change overnight. I just dont see that happening with Kerry as the Dem Nominee. But it looks like they are thinking of pulling a Lautenburg.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
As the world continues to hold America up to a DOUBLE STANDARD, and pressure from the liberal media continues to spin "nakedness" as "torture" with the help of the rest of liberal European nations and Al Jihra Arab TV, the liberals are singing with glee.

I see that you're a very narrow minded individual as well.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
I not sure of the full list of senators that have been elected president but the most recent that comes to mind is John Kennedy. Come on Gop guy you can do better than that.

Ok, that was a blatant slip up, sorry. That's the last time I rely on info from somebody before I check it out myself.

Do you know who told me that? OCA!!!! God I can't believe I actually trusted his words!

Shoot me now.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I have complete faith that the President is going to win and in a landslide. Politics like most things in life can change overnight. I just dont see that happening with Kerry as the Dem Nominee. But it looks like they are thinking of pulling a Lautenburg.

What's lautenburg?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I see that you're a very narrow minded individual as well.

And that's just the type of sarcastic, uninformed comment I'd expect from a "pissed of liberal".

Have a nut. Your comments have zero effect.

Lautenburg is a senator from New Jersey that replaced Torricelli (after the deadline) as a canidate in the 2002 elections. It is speculated the reason for the switch was Torricelli, because of scandal, was lagging to far behind in the polls and was unelectable. The democrats were doing everthing they could to retain senate control. Lautenburg won the race in New Jersey however the republicans still gained control of the senate. So Avatar's reference is to say Kerry could be replaced with another canidate with a better chance of winning.

Do you know who told me that? OCA!!!! God I can't believe I actually trusted his words!

I remember that, check with OCA, I believe he is correct when he said no sitting President during time of war has been voted out of office. I'm not sure if he ever said anything about a senator never winning the presidency.

Nakedness is like torture to Iraqis, their culture forbids the acts that the American soldiers put them through like taboo. And besides the pyramids of naked human bodies, there was alleged rape, and violence. Not to mention the person they blindfolded and had stand on a box for hours, telling him if he fell off he would be eltrocuted to death..

So please, don't try to pass it off as not as terrible as it is.

Although I will admit there somewhat of a double standard.. I would like to think it's because we hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
And that's just the type of sarcastic, uninformed comment I'd expect from a "pissed of liberal".

Have a nut. Your comments have zero effect.

actually DK is more of a Zell Miller type. Read some of his posts. His ideas are good ones.

Originally posted by CrazyLiberal
Nakedness is like torture to Iraqis, their culture forbids the acts that the American soldiers put them through like taboo. And besides the pyramids of naked human bodies, there was alleged rape, and violence. Not to mention the person they blindfolded and had stand on a box for hours, telling him if he fell off he would be eltrocuted to death..

Although I will admit there somewhat of a double standard.. I would like to think it's because we hold ourselves to a higher standard.

First of all, the viracity of the picture of the man standing on the box is still in question. It deserves no mention until it has.

Second, I know that the nakedness to an Iraqi in front of a woman is against their culture. It's something terrible to them. That's why they did it I'm sure.

But no one was dipped in acid. No one was made to drink molten lead. No one disemboweled. No one was drawn and quartered. No one was bludgened by an angry mob, drug through the streets after being burned and then hung from a bridge. In fact I didn't see "BLOOD" in a single picture!

I'm not condoning what was done. It shouldn't have happened. But the level of outrage that's being driven by the mad left wing zealots of America is completely out of proportion with what happened. It's politically driven in an attempt to get kerry elected.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Sex must be a drag for them. :p:

Must have to be always "lights out, under the covers".

No wonder they're all so mad. :rolleyes: LOL!

Originally posted by CrazyLiberal

And what is wrong with shaming them? they are trying to kill us. You would think we were pulling their fingernails off or something.

Forum List

Back