Anyone watch Shep on Fox today ..

She signs every post with that, you retard.

I bet you don't neg mal for his smiling smiley in every post, even when it's responding to a sad situation.

Because you're a typical rightwing hypocrite.

Hypocrite? I just ripped politico also you fucktard. And how the fuck am I supposed to know what she ends every post with when that's the first post of hers I've seen?

Fuck you and the nitwits that thanked you. Negs all around

Neg returned, ya grumpy old douche.

Thanks. Should I whine in pm's like you did? Let me know so I don't offend you again

Hypocrite? I just ripped politico also you fucktard. And how the fuck am I supposed to know what she ends every post with when that's the first post of hers I've seen?

Thanks. Should I whine in pm's like you did? Let me know so I don't offend you again

Asking why you're acting like a little bitch isn't whining.

Someone's death deserves your regards?

Enjoy the neg

Regards Grampa

I bet you don't neg mal for his smiling smiley in every post, even when it's responding to a sad situation.

You've only been here for how long, Gramps?

Is it early onset dementia or just wingnut stupidity?

Because you are a drunken idiot?
Damn - I forgot option #3.

How would you know that people whine in PMs? This is interesting.

You've only been here for how long, Gramps?

Is it early onset dementia or just wingnut stupidity?

Alcohol kills brain cells...lots of alcohol kills lots of brain cells. Just sayin'......:eusa_whistle:

I had it on at the time, and had been watching the chase. Then I saw Shep saying take it down, yada yada, and then apologize and say he would talk about it again in the 7:00 - 8:00 evening hour. I didn't see the shot being fired, and I thought I caught it all, so maybe his engineer actually did catch it in time with the delay.

I meant to catch his evening hour, but didn't get back home until 20 of 8, so I'm in the dark. If it was missed and shown in the afternoon it will be discussed on the saturday panel show Fox News Watch where they discuss the media mistakes (as well as bias).

It was shown and I hope thwarted jackass in charge of tape delay loses his job.

I was watching when it happened.

I do believe it was unintentional and the person or persons running the board was distracted and didn't see the unfortunate scene when it happened--it was several seconds afterwards that he responded to Shep's admonition to get off it and then they went straight to commercial, but it was too late. Shep then comes back on to apologize for what they never would have intentionally allowed to be shown.

I think the person or persons running the board deserved a good admonition that they have to be watching what is televised every minute and be ready to bleep the objectionable. Even what appears to be a simple car chase--the earlier one the same day ended without violence or incident--can go ugly in a moments notice. It is precisely because television runs on a delay and can bleep out the disallowed language, the wardrobe malfunction, or whatever they do not deem appropriate for family viewing that there can be severe penalities imposed for not using that function.

Fox screwed up. They know it. They admitted it. They apologized for it. And its over and done and I doubt anybody was really traumatized. It wasn't intended. It did no serious damage. Not something that deserves a great deal of focus or attention. I don't think the offense grevious enough to deserve firing for a one time offense.

Last edited:
First off he wasn't surrounded by anything but prarie dogs. Second it was a long distance view from a chopper. Hardly terrifying. Network tv is 10 times worse. People need to sack up.

Fuck you. If my kids were younger they don't need to see that shit.

Tell someones 13 year old daughter to man up.....

Brother your anger is misdirected.... You need to contact Fox and why in the Hell we in Houston, Boston, or Wasilla need to see a damn car chase in Pheonix!!!

They should never be on live TV to begin with.
I can see cutting in on local radio broadcasts and airing it there, so that motorists can get the "F" out of the way, but nationl TV is uncalled for, and Shep got what he deserved....Shocking live TV..!

I saw it. The helicopter was too far away to show anything other than the man's arm moving and then he fell. It was nothing like the guy who shot himself on the freeway, brains went everywhere!

It was a happy ending. No one was hurt other than the armed carjacker and the state saved a bundle on his trial.

I hate carjackers, and I hate anyone who runs..... seen too many innocent lives taken because of their wrecklessness, and TV cameras only fuel the flames.4

I was nearly ran over by a stolen UTMB linen truck years ago.... scared the shit outta me!!

Last edited:
How the fuck was anybody supposed to know that the poor sap would commit suicide?

Seems like Shep was pretty quick on the uptake.

Anyway, pardon my being so crude, but ultimately, so what?

The guy did something somewhat unclear and it is similar to shit we see "portrayed" almost every day, anyway, in graphic clarity on TV or in movies.

First off he wasn't surrounded by anything but prarie dogs. Second it was a long distance view from a chopper. Hardly terrifying. Network tv is 10 times worse. People need to sack up.

Brother your anger is misdirected.... You need to contact Fox and why in the Hell we in Houston, Boston, or Wasilla need to see a damn car chase in Pheonix!!!

I can see cutting in on local radio broadcasts and airing it there, so that motorists can get the "F" out of the way, but nationl TV is uncalled for, and Shep got what he deserved....Shocking live TV..!

Perhaps those of us in other places don't "need" to see a car chase in Phoenix, but a carjacked SUV traveling at speeds up to an estimated 110 mph on the interstate made for good TV. I defy anybody watching it to not find it riveting. The chopper following and filming the event live was giving us an excellent bird's eye view of the whole thing. Very few motorists out there likely had television in their cars so even local live broadcasts would not have benefitted them. I have no problem with the broadcast itself. It was so interesting to watch I was frustrated when they broke away for commerical or switched back to politics.

We didn't need to see the guy take his own life at the end for sure. But yes, nobody but him was apparently injured or killed and that is a good thing.

If you watch SHEP you know he LOVES high speed chases. There was one in AZ . .THe dude stopped and started to run into the woods , when he realized he was surrounded he put the gun to his head and shot himself on live TV.. Shep yelling turn that off and went to break. HE came out I guess the tech guys did not have their delay on like they were supposed too. Shep was very upset..
Shepherd Smith is one of the best newsmen in his field. His staff should be total professionals and ready to do what needs to be done. Somehow someone got carried away, and their boss gets credit for their stupidity. Yes, I'd be madder than a hell hatter, too if I were the world's top newsman dealing with sleepwalkers.

Perhaps those of us in other places don't "need" to see a car chase in Phoenix, but a carjacked SUV traveling at speeds up to an estimated 110 mph on the interstate made for good TV. I defy anybody watching it to not find it riveting. The chopper following and filming the event live was giving us an excellent bird's eye view of the whole thing. Very few motorists out there likely had television in their cars so even local live broadcasts would not have benefitted them. I have no problem with the broadcast itself. It was so interesting to watch I was frustrated when they broke away for commerical or switched back to politics.

We didn't need to see the guy take his own life at the end for sure. But yes, nobody but him was apparently injured or killed and that is a good thing.

Im not denying it.... I am saying it should not be on live TV.

This is what fuels alot of the idiots in LA to do it. Its their 15 mins of fame.
That is until a pregnant mother is taking her kids to football practice only to be wiped out by a guy having a blast for the cameras.

Yes, I like a good car chase as well, but I also like fast cars and fast women... they will get me killed too.

I hear ya Fox, I just don't like alot of what is on the boob tube these days.

If you watch SHEP you know he LOVES high speed chases. There was one in AZ . .THe dude stopped and started to run into the woods , when he realized he was surrounded he put the gun to his head and shot himself on live TV.. Shep yelling turn that off and went to break. HE came out I guess the tech guys did not have their delay on like they were supposed too. Shep was very upset..
Shepherd Smith is one of the best newsmen in his field. His staff should be total professionals and ready to do what needs to be done. Somehow someone got carried away, and their boss gets credit for their stupidity. Yes, I'd be madder than a hell hatter, too if I were the world's top newsman dealing with sleepwalkers.

You know who I feel bad for.... ?

His family if they were watching. That would be so hard to stomach.

Ive lost family to suicide, and it is tragic. That just compounded it exponantially.

How the fuck was anybody supposed to know that the poor sap would commit suicide?

Seems like Shep was pretty quick on the uptake.

Anyway, pardon my being so crude, but ultimately, so what?

The guy did something somewhat unclear and it is similar to shit we see "portrayed" almost every day, anyway, in graphic clarity on TV or in movies.

That was it. The suicide was not a close up. No visible blood. He puts the gun to his head and falls over. You have Shep immediately reacting when he realizes what got televised and orders the board to get off it. They did. But for somebody like me who absolutely abhors any form of violence and will leave the room when graphic scenes are being portrayed, it was not especially traumatic. I thought, OMG, the guy just shot himself. There was nobody else around anywhere. It was so quick and so ungraphic, however, I doubt young children watching--probably most weren't--even understood what just happened.

And when you think of the vile language, brutal violence, torture, bloody scenes etc. etc. etc., not to mention graphic sex and social improprieties shown on primetime television every day of the world, this is way down on the list of objectionable television fair. It shouldn't have happened, but my personal instinct was oops, that was a boo boo,. . . . but we did get to see how it ended.

[And when you think of the vile language, brutal violence, torture, bloody scenes etc. etc. etc., not to mention graphic sex and social improprieties shown on primetime television every day of the world, this is way down on the list of objectionable television fair.

:clap2:

You know who I feel bad for.... ?

His family if they were watching. That would be so hard to stomach.

Ive lost family to suicide, and it is tragic. That just compounded it exponantially.

From the distance of the shot, you didn't really clearly see the guy's face though and nobody broadcasting knew who he was. So any of his family watching probably would not know it was him. And later when they were informed of what happened and any who had been watching would realize that it was quick, painless, he didn't suffer. And there would be absolutely no question that he did it himself and nobody else was involved.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back