Anyone thinking of selling some stock today?

The reporting on the last quarter economic numbers has been so dodgy, I really am not trusting the media assessments of the economy. For instance, one MSNBC article I read that made it sound like comsumers spent a mint in December when in reality, for that month it was way off the trend.

Anyway, I am taking profits and putting it in the bank on my more volatile stocks. I will hold and see which way things are going. The less volatile ones I buy for dividends will stay parked where they are with little to no more buys for awhile.

And ... That's about the only place where precious metals can play their part ... If everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

If everything goes sideways ... We will hit the "90 Days" ... But that's a whole different thread and subject.
The point of it though ... Is that we don't all need to go back and reinvent the wheel ... Move to a cave and rub sticks together to make fire.

People often say ... "Well ... You cannot eat gold".
They are correct ... But the gold isn't going to be what you eat.
Likewise ... You can trade a rabbit for carrots ... Or even bullets ... But they are going to be gone or rotten ... Soon.

Prescious metals are different ... And we don't have to go back and reinvent trade.

They will have whatever value they have ... At the point of trade.
They are compact ... Or you can try to trade a truck with a thousand rabbits in it ... And most will spoil.

Precious metals can be stored ... Secured ... And are durable.
They are Versatile ... Can be traded for any goods ...
They have been bartered with ... And used as currency for thousands of years.

We just need to learn a few things from History ... :auiqs.jpg:
And ... If you are hedging your investments ... Precious metals can help out.
It would better if they were in your possession than the market though.

Not learning from history is a large factor in how we got where we are today. :(

I know they say to “ride out a storm,” rather than sell after a big drop, but some of us retirees cannot risk watching the ant-capitalist policies wipe out another 20% of our portfolios, on top of the loss we have already suffered this last few months.

That said, anyone thinking of increasing their emergency cash reserves (by selling stock) from the usual six months to two years or so? That would enable us to ride out whatever more damage the Biden Administration has in store before sanity can be restored to the WH.

The market is doing just fine. The Biden economy is recovering nicely from yet another Republican disaster, and my investments are up 17% since the first of the year.

You’re just a lousy investor. Take responsibility for your own bad decisions.

Oh, never mind, you did just say you were a Republican didn’t you.

The market is doing just fine. The Biden economy is recovering nicely from yet another Republican disaster, and my investments are up 17% since the first of the year.

What Republican disaster? I made a fortune during the Trump years!
You’re just a lousy investor. Take responsibility for your own bad decisions.

I’m a good investor. That’s why I am deliberating whether to offload some stock considering we have a spendthrift in the WH while his policies have contributed to a 40-year high inflation.
Oh, never mind, you did just say you were a Republican didn’t you.

Yes, and now that the Rs have the House, we can ramp down on Biden’s runaway spending. A lot of damage has already been done, but at least we can maintain some degree of control.

What Republican disaster? I made a fortune during the Trump years!

I’m a good investor. That’s why I am deliberating whether to offload some stock considering we have a spendthrift in the WH while his policies have contributed to a 40-year high inflation.

Yes, and now that the Rs have the House, we can ramp down on Biden’s runaway spending. A lot of damage has already been done, but at least we can maintain some degree of control.
AS did I . Havent regretted my sells either. Up about 12% despite being about 50/50 split between cash/bonds and stocks. All those gains can disappear just as quick too

Forum List

Back