Anyone else have malware pop up on this site?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
It happens to me with my Android. And they only pop up on THIS site, no others.

I am clean for now but was getting slammed on my IPad every time I logged on to USMB a few weeks ago

I won all these free IPads on Amazon
I won so many, I did not know what to do with them all

I stopped getting them after i started using Chrome and installed a good ad blocker.
And you are not alone. There are many threads of many posters complaining about it.

"please donate to our site that allows you to get digitally raped" :rolleyes:

I can't really come here anymore. It only takes about 30 seconds before I'm sent to some bullshit webpage telling me i fucking won something.

I was getting them constantly when I was using Safari on my iPhone, but I downloaded Chrome and now I’m not having the problem. We have told the admins about it

This site was bad with that until I started using a blocker.

I can’t comment on how it is with droid because I haven’t tried it with my phone.

I’d like to think the mods here are smart enough to address these types of issues.

I’d like to think the mods here are smart enough to address these types of issues.

That's an admin 'issue', not something us lowly mods are able to do anything about. But, like DTMB said, admin is very much aware of the problem. I'm in emails with them nearly every day over it.

If you get the popups, do me a favor and get a screenshot of it and PM it to me. I need to see the web address that the redirects are going to.

That's an admin 'issue', not something us lowly mods are able to do anything about. But, like DTMB said, admin is very much aware of the problem. I'm in emails with them nearly every day over it.

If you get the popups, do me a favor and get a screenshot of it and PM it to me. I need to see the web address that the redirects are going to.

Get their web address and give them a stern talkin* to

And tell them to stop sending me all those free iPads

I apologize. :)

I’d like to think the mods here are smart enough to put enough pressure on admin to do something about the problem.

I was getting them constantly when I was using Safari on my iPhone, but I downloaded Chrome and now I’m not having the problem. We have told the admins about it

I use Chrome on my Android and I get them.

You can get an ad blocker, at no cost, for Android. I know it works, because I have it installed on mine.

You can get an ad blocker, at no cost, for Android. I know it works, because I have it installed on mine.
I can tell nurses to keep IV pumps plugged in instead replacing the back up battery. I know it works because I’ve seen it.

What’s wrong with addressing/fixing the problem?

I can tell nurses to keep IV pumps plugged in instead replacing the back up battery. I know it works because I’ve seen it.

Ask admin. I alerted them to this thread. Mods can NOT do anything to the forum software itself.

Ask admin. I alerted them to this thread. Mods can NOT do anything to the forum software itself.
Thanks. :)

We know the mods here are doing the best they can. It's why I have a lot of respect for the work you do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back