anyone actually working today

freeandfun1 said:
I have an employee whose father-in-law works out at Area 51. He takes the bus instead of the plane every day though cuz he is scared of flying! lol

Anyway, he won't say squat about what he does. A matter-of-fact, if you ask him, technically, he is supposed to report you to the "authorities". He will tell you twice not to ask, but if you ask a third time, he WILL file a report. He said it is all part of his contract and if he doesn't report it and they find out, HE could be jailed.

He is a pretty interesting character!

Very interesting person, I would love to get into his head!!

Bonnie said:
Very interesting person, I would love to get into his head!!

For about two years in Korea I worked in the 3rd Brigade S2 (intelligence) shop. THAT was very interesting. I loved knowing things that most didn't! Kinda gave you a feeling of "superiority"! lol

Today I still work with secret stuff, but it is not US secrets. They are Korean secrets. That is pretty interesting too. I supply defense related stuff to the Korean military and Korea's Agency for Defense Development. I love the work!

freeandfun1 said:
For about two years in Korea I worked in the 3rd Brigade S2 (intelligence) shop. THAT was very interesting. I loved knowing things that most didn't! Kinda gave you a feeling of "superiority"! lol
7th ID, G2 (intelligence) myself.
Gone many places.
Out now, miss it!

freeandfun1 said:

Today I still work with secret stuff, but it is not US secrets. They are Korean secrets. That is pretty interesting too. I supply defense related stuff to the Korean military and Korea's Agency for Defense Development. I love the work!

Does it also make you feel a little vulnerable?

Fascinating though :cof:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
7th ID, G2 (intelligence) myself.
Gone many places.
Out now, miss it!

3rd BDE was part of 2ID and we had responsibility for the DMZ so I spent a LOT of time in the 1st ROKA Division's TOC and I loved every minute of it. I too miss it!

freeandfun1 said:

At one point in my career I worked a Brigade S-2 shop...interesting stuff. My current job gives lots of little tidbits as well. You are right, sometimes I just want to sing "I know something you dont know...la,la,la!"

Bonnie said:
Does it also make you feel a little vulnerable?

Fascinating though :cof:

A little. But most of the stuff I work with now, although classified as "Secret" and "Top Secret", aren't that big of a deal. I mostly am working on programs for military weapons systems. So they are classified now, but once design is complete, they will likely sell them on the open market and then they are not that secret. I can discuss the programs, I just can't discuss the designs.

freeandfun1 said:
3rd BDE was part of 2ID and we had responsibility for the DMZ so I spent a LOT of time in the 1st ROKA Division's TOC and I loved every minute of it. I too miss it!
7ID is a nondeployable Division responsable for 3 NG BGDs.
So anytime an active unit on post deployed, they requested an extra 96B.
So I got to go with...... Mostly with 10th SF.
I was in Taegu for a while.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
7ID is a nondeployable Division responsable for 3 NG BGDs.
So anytime an active unit on post deployed, they requested an extra 96B.
So I got to go with...... Mostly with 10th SF.
I was in Taegu for a while.

My old company commander, whom I keep in touch with, is now the Chief of Staff at SOCKOR in Seoul. He used to be the commander of 1st Battalion 1st Special Forces Group in Okinawa, Japan and before that, for a long time he was with detachment "K" in Korea. He is an "expert" on Korean Affairs and North Korea and is fun to talk with. I will be going to Korea next week on business and I plan to have dinner with him one night while I am there.

Wow, interesting group of people, wish I could say the same about my job.

I work at home with children, and go to school part-part-time. Occasionally, I work as a program facilliator for another part of the same organization I'm employed with too. They've been head hunting for awhile, forcing some programs to be put on hold for now - hopefully they get in together soon!

Since September, my work load has been really light, allowing me some time to relax for a change - hopefully that doesn't change soon!

Said1 said:

I work at home with children, and go to school part-part-time. Occasionally, I work as a program facilliator for another part of the same organization I'm employed with too. They've been head hunting for awhile, forcing some programs to be put on hold for now - hopefully they get in together soon!

Since September, my work load has been really light, allowing me some time to relax for a change - hopefully that doesn't change soon!

rasing and teaching the next generation is one of the most important jobs on the planet

Said1 said:

Your work form home which is the best of all worlds, you get to be with the kids and still make money. Many people would kill for that!!

Honestly I could never go back to an office, I would feel too couped up, excepting a very interesting job like the guys here.

Said1 said:

I cannot think of a single job more important than working with children. I mean that sincerely.

Said1 said:

As the others have already intimated, you are doing something very important so please don't short-change yourself!

Thanks, for your comments everyone, but I didn't mean I don't like my job, just kinda routine a times..... the little twerps were hyper as all hell today for some reason( and they made ME be the monster AGAIN!! :D ). I really do enjoy having them here, and they enjoy coming, I can't ask for more than that.

Said1 said:
Thanks, for your comments everyone, but I didn't mean I don't like my job, just kinda routine a times..... the little twerps were hyper as all hell today for some reason( and they made ME be the monster AGAIN!! :D ). I really do enjoy having them here, and they enjoy coming, I can't ask for more than that.

Believe me, ALL of our jobs feel routine at times. I love owning a business, but sometimes I get bored of it and it feels like a "routine".

I understand your point!

Forum List

Back