Anybody into retro?

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
I recently built a repro of the 1958 AR prototype. It took me two years.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3C7%3B5%3Enu%3D325%3A%3E2%3B5%3E2%3A9%3EWSNRCG%3D43424%3A9594328nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3B682%3Enu%3D325%3A%3E2%3B5%3E2%3A9%3EWSNRCG%3D43424%3A9596328nu0mrj

yeah sure , mostly I like old motorcycles or new motorcycles with an old style look . But yeah , old style AR is cool as well as M1a [or any .308 actually] and these 2 are the ones to own if that's all that you can afford . .

• Banned
Eugene Stoner only made 26 prototypes of the M-16 and they are all in museums now. The most notable collection is in Titusville Florida at the Reed Knight private collection. If you want to make a repo you have to fabricate several major parts that are not available today like the front sight base.

These protoypes identified several ergonomic problems that were fixed when the rifle went into military production.

Have taken deer with a Kraig-Jorgensen in 30-40 Kraig, an '03 Springfield, and a1917 Enfield. And own an M-1A, a M-1 Garrand and assorted 1911 pistols. I do like the oldies.

Was stationed at the US Army Jungle warfare School Panama CZ back in 1961... I think they were called AR 10s ... But we got 25 of them to Test in jungle condition... They were a Flop compared to the M-2 Carbine ... think it was 1961 they came back with the AR 15 a little better but still a flop...Left Panama in 1964--- Went to Viet Nam 1966 with a M-14... Thank God ...

Nice. My personal "retro" tastes go back a little farther from the 1700s up through the 1940s. Other than a couple of modern firearms (1960s to present) almost all of my collection is black powder percussion. I was able to get my favorite WWII weapon a few years back when they converted the PPS43 to semi-auto.
Pioneer-Arms-PPS-43C-right-side.jpg

• Banned
Was stationed at the US Army Jungle warfare School Panama CZ back in 1961... I think they were called AR 10s ... But we got 25 of them to Test in jungle condition... They were a Flop compared to the M-2 Carbine ... think it was 1961 they came back with the AR 15 a little better but still a flop...Left Panama in 1964--- Went to Viet Nam 1966 with a M-14... Thank God ...

I went to RVN in the fall of 1967 and was issued a M-14. Within a couple of months they traded us out with M-16 A1s. I was glad to get the lighter weight rifle. For the type of shooting we did over there where we hardly ever saw what we were shooting at the spray and pray was a good feature.

I have two M1As (M-14s) now and they are fine rifles but my personal opinion is that the M-16 is a better main battle rifle most of the time. The M-14 was certainly not the right MBR for Vietnam.

The problem with the M1A for an old fart like me is that there is really no good scoping solution for the rifle. It is an iron sight rifle and while you can mount a scope it is usually too high and adds a lot of weight to an already heavy rifle.

M14 in Nam Had selector switches you could fire fully Auto and tear up some jungle...!!!! :flameth:

I've shot long and recurve bows most of my life. They aren't firearms but you can't get much more retro.

I've often thought that if I ever get a bow it would be a traditional type bow but I really don't know what that is .

Generally it's a bow that is not a "compound" bow which wasn't invented until the late 19 '60's/early "70's. Your basic stick and string. I have taken game with bows and arrows I have made myself from available materials. Whata rush! How do you disarm someone who can make their own weapons?

M14 in Nam Had selector switches you could fire fully Auto and tear up some jungle...!!!! :flameth:

If you could hit the jungle.

A M-14 on FA will usually wind up shooting at the moon.

A M-14 is a fine semi auto MBR but it ain't a useable machine gun.

Not if you are man enough to hold it down on auto... that's why they made those black guns for folks that can't shoot...!!!!

1st killing in the bible ... was with a BMFR... that's a ( Big Mother F****** Rock ) you can kill a lot with a Rock.. Didn't David kill a Big-ole-Boy with a Sling & a Rock...Lots of old country boys would walk down a ditch with a pocket full of rocks and throw-em and kill Rabbits & Critters...!!!!

What you saying --- Santa can't shoot worth a poop --- need a full auto black gun to hit what he's shooting at...????

Not if you are man enough to hold it down on auto... that's why they made those black guns for folks that can't shoot...!!!!

I have both, M1As and ARs. I think these Libtards call that "diversity".

Old JEW & Me make a lot of knifes from old car springs , files & junk .. Do that count as Retro..? ? ?

http://www.retroblackrifle.com/

if anyone is into retro, this is the best place to start.., i did.

i have been an AR-15 fan since 1962AD when i saw and shot an AR-15.., one that Gene Stoner invited me to shoot, at the time i just thought those guys were ordinary range guys and shooters.

thank you Flash for the heads up. :up:

Forum List

Back