Any way to change our user names?

I was actually here before most of you folks. And took a veeerrrrry long hiatus, being on other boards. And I forgot my pw, and the email i used back then is invalid.

So here I am again! I'm a newbie, but I'm a very long timer! And i like to mess around with you newbies!

I am awaiting Moderator approval of my name change to "Jacques Chitte".

in account details, you will either see a button to change it - or else see a date in the future when you will be able to change it.

I was shocked to see that since I posted the "helpful hint" on name changes -- we now have a RUN on name changes since Friday. Doesn't work well for "old timers" trying to punk people. Because your decade or more of content under the OLD name appears under the new name. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Forgot to tell everyone -- mod staff has a tool for checking the name change log. WE DONT LIKE THIS IDEA of DYI name changes -- but we STILL know who's who. Dont get TOO caught up in this fad. Someone might take your original name while you're having your fun.. LOL....

:hyper:

I was actually here before most of you folks. And took a veeerrrrry long hiatus, being on other boards. And I forgot my pw, and the email i used back then is invalid.

So here I am again! I'm a newbie, but I'm a very long timer! And i like to mess around with you newbies!

Welcome. Just hope the "veeeerrry long hiatus" wasn't a permanent ban.

:biggrin: We never throw anything away here. We're a bunch of hoarders. Still have the FIRST posts on USMB here and the 1st bans.

:biggrin: We never throw anything away here. We're a bunch of hoarders. Still have the FIRST posts on USMB here and the 1st bans.
I don't know. But it's been a good ride!

I was originally from the GLP and Bad Astronomy days, and part of the original genocide. We disbanded into different boards and some of us came here after 2003. Some of your posters are still here too, from the GLP massacre, with different names.

I've had great times here, but many times I've been an asshole. I'm trying to be nicer. :)

What I need is like something to blow in (not on) before I post, like not being able to start your car if your BAC is too high (not that I have that problem), because on the weekends I can get in trouble posting! You're not allowed to post until you blow! :) But then again, that would take away a lot of the fun!

I don't drive when I drink, so that kinda keeps me trapped here at times with you folks! :cool:

Since about 5 months ago -- you have a limited number of name changes that you can make yourself. Go to your profile -- then "Account Details"

Right at the top of the change boxes is "UserName".. I know there's a TIME limit between name changes and a LIFETIME limit on name changes. So choose WELL and make sure you spell it correctly. LOL..

Since this has been the case for 5 months (even if moderation wasn't CONSULTED about it) -- Hang on Sloopy -- PM me about the refusal to grant a name change. We USED to have to APPROVE it and then put in IT requests.
Before you could capitalized the first letter then no one could, now you can

Any reason why?

^^^

Old mod Conner

Kat ban his ass!!!

(J/K I don't know)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

No I had Wyatt Earp first then I was banned by Conner and said fuck you...a few years past and I forgot my password so I used bear513

3 or 4 years past and someone else had Wyatt Earp..

Then a few days ago I checked and was available again after your hint

btw, I like the little "e" on your name! It makes you look cool and different. And gives you more personality...

Don't remember really, I was probably banned by him too, but i don't care. But we all come back a little bit better than we were. More experience, more knowledge, thicker skins, and more empathy.

No I had Wyatt Earp first then I was banned by Conner and said fuck you...a few years past and I forgot my password so I used bear513

3 or 4 years past and someone else had Wyatt Earp..

Then a few days ago I checked and was available again after your hint

Just look at the Hell on Earth I started here. LOL... It's like hiding behind a VPN so you can appear to be different places in the world.

I might get to like to feature. Maybe I'll change mine. That'll confuse folks long enough for me to clear out my USMB inbox of whiny stuff. :backpedal:

Forum List

Back