any T. Rex/Marc Bolan fans in here 'sides me...?

Oh yeah. I even saw them live back in 1971 or 72 (can't remember the exact year but it was a concert in Clacton England).

Graet show!

I saw Marc Bolan & Co. at a rock festival in August 1969 (back when they called themselves Tyrannosaurus Rex) and they were completely forgettable at the time...

when "Electric Warrior" came out in '71, I could hardly believe it was the same band...

Oh yeah. I even saw them live back in 1971 or 72 (can't remember the exact year but it was a concert in Clacton England).

Graet show!

I saw Marc Bolan & Co. at a rock festival in August 1969 (back when they called themselves Tyrannosaurus Rex) and they were completely forgettable at the time...

when "Electric Warrior" came out in '71, I could hardly believe it was the same band...

Yes, it was a huge transformation. Kind of like the one Floyd was going through at the time.

any T. Rex/Marc Bolan fans in here 'sides me...?

I liked his brother much more:

Last edited by a moderator:
MARC BOLAN died in a car accident less than 2 miles from my home in putney in sept 1977 .actual location queens ride barnes sw13 .
i remember the date well as i had just sold the home and was in the process of emigrating to the USA , i was not in england on that day but when i returned about a week after the accident there were still fans milling about the accident site . they came for many years after his death until a monument was erected i think around the 1990s .
loved his music never saw him perform although he lived quite near and was seen many times hanging about the pubs and clubs in kings rd chelsea.

MARC BOLAN died in a car accident less than 2 miles from my home in putney in sept 1977 .actual location queens ride barnes sw13 .
i remember the date well as i had just sold the home and was in the process of emigrating to the USA , i was not in england on that day but when i returned about a week after the accident there were still fans milling about the accident site . they came for many years after his death until a monument was erected i think around the 1990s .
loved his music never saw him perform although he lived quite near and was seen many times hanging about the pubs and clubs in kings rd chelsea.

many thanks for the up-close-and-personal bit of rock history, John...

many thanks for the up-close-and-personal bit of rock history, John...
rock &roll still going strong after all these years
stones /beatles .many other icons will live forever
the stones performed in a pub *Station Hotel richmond *long before they became famous
i used to see them every sunday night . those were good days great songs ,talented musicians , man the music industry has so changed

Last edited:

Forum List

Back