Any Other Fans of Fine Japanese Dining?

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
I've recenty eaten at a few Japanese places in my general area and I'm actually liking it more than Chinese food (far more filling). My favorite Japanese dinner is sliced teriyaki beef (with a puff of rice speckled with those black seed-like things) with a row of those little sushi "California rolls"; crab meat mixed with shredded cucumber, wrapped in a rice-coated, green avocado-leaf thing. With a bowl of hot, steamy miso soup......an extremely elegant meal with rather unique qualities.

I forgot the name, but I really want to try one of those sushi rolls that's ground tuna/various Japanese spices on the inside with the outside wrapped in a salmon skin.

I lived in Japan for almost 7 years and I always found their food kinda bland. I do like miso soup with tofu and tuna sashimi.

I will tell you this. If you can find it in the states, order Basashi (Horse meat sashimi)...don't judge...if you can...just try it.

I lived in Japan for almost 7 years and I always found their food kinda bland. I do like miso soup with tofu and tuna sashimi.

I will tell you this. If you can find it in the states, order Basashi (Horse meat sashimi)...don't judge...if you can...just try it.

Interesting. Maybe you got so used to Japanese food that the novelty wore off? Also, I've noticed Japanese food needs to be heavily salted in order to bring out the flavor.

I've recenty eaten at a few Japanese places in my general area and I'm actually liking it more than Chinese food (far more filling). My favorite Japanese dinner is sliced teriyaki beef (with a puff of rice speckled with those black seed-like things) with a row of those little sushi "California rolls"; crab meat mixed with shredded cucumber, wrapped in a rice-coated, green avocado-leaf thing. With a bowl of hot, steamy miso soup......an extremely elegant meal with rather unique qualities.

I forgot the name, but I really want to try one of those sushi rolls that's ground tuna/various Japanese spices on the inside with the outside wrapped in a salmon skin.
It's not an avacado lead, it's seaweed.

Also, the Americanized version tends to be much more highly spiced than what you would get in Japan.

Is horse meat legal here?

No but you can get it along with some other illegal unpasteurized cheese goodies if youre in the Know on where to go

hell you can get bush meat in parts of brooklyn

No but you can get it along with some other illegal unpasteurized cheese goodies if youre in the Know on where to go

I'll stick to stuff I know is safe thanks anyway.

i hear ya....were i come from we ride horses....noble looking animals....

Yup. My father is a cattle rancher.

I've ridden more fence than 99% of the so called "cowboys" around here.

Horses are majestic animals....i saw a show on TV once about some of the more amazing looking ones ....

Horses are majestic animals....i saw a show on TV once about some of the more amazing looking ones ....
We've just got a few quarter horses. Lotsa fun to ride, but nothing spectacular. Well mannered though.

Yes, in most states. I felt the same.."Mr. Ed?"...lol! It was beautiful meat and tasted amazing.

MY step father owns westerns ...well used to.... hes passed
MY mother still has the farm in orange county NY ...and she to old for the horses these days

Which is one of the top counties in the country for thoroughbred pONYs ..or so ive been told..... over and over ....OY ...

No illegal smuggled in dirty french cheese C ? ah risk it youll live

It's not an avacado lead, it's seaweed.

Also, the Americanized version tends to be much more highly spiced than what you would get in Japan.

I see. Whatever that leaf-wrap is, it's quite tasty when I heavily salt it.

Personally, I've never met anyone (American or otherwise) who doesn't love Japanese miso soup. It's a meaty-tasting broth with chunks of tofu and leafy green things in it - don't worry, it's much tastier than my simple description sounds. And like all Japanese food, it needs a bunch of salting to really give the flavor a bang.

Personally, I've never met anyone (American or otherwise) who doesn't love Japanese miso soup. It's a meaty-tasting broth with chunks of tofu and leafy green things in it - don't worry, it's much tastier than my simple description sounds. And like all Japanese food, it needs a bunch of salting to really give the flavor a bang.

Replace the tofu with some A5 and I'm in.

Forum List

Back