CDZ Any Instances Of USMB Posts From Russian Farms?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Nov 1, 2017.

1. bear513

bear513 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,455

That's what you think? The DNC/hillary / left does it to themselves

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Leo123

Leo123 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +588
    Bots tend to use the same argument when clearly they have been proven wrong. They just recycle to the original statement they made.

3. bear513

bear513 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,455
    Just like lefties do, same thing over and over nothing original

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Just like righties do, same thing over and over ignoring hypcrisy ;)

Just had to be fair and balanced against a random....statement.

5. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,055
    Surely you don't think this :desk: will be the response you get from any members are "Russian farm" propagandists. LOL

As for the question, I have no idea, but given the wealth of insipidity and sycophancy I see here, combined with the lack of cognitive and discursive concinnity, I'm obliged to hope that much of it is indeed the nefarious instigations of "Russian farm" provocateurs.

6. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,427
    You can see the amazing number of bots that crawl this site by going to the Members online section and clicking View all online. They are all just indexors of content OR they are "ranking this site" for personal interests of the members. The latter is becoming more popular in that advertisers use this to reach their client base. Mostly harmless and kinda funny because USMB comes back on the first page of a lot of searches using "wirty dords".

THESE supposed political bots are different. They are NOT member accounts. They are Ad Services that TARGET subscriber sites BECAUSE of their political interest. Its really a tempest in a teapot actually. From the actual testimony from FB and the Twit, it amounted to just a couple million "page views" and a grand total of some $140,000 or so was spent by some agency. Page VIEWS are not ad clicks. The ratio is somewhere around 1 in 10,000 page views/click with a WIDE variance by sites.. And these became yet another page border ad that everyone ignores. It's in the freaking noise level of the ad density that's common on USMB.

We ALSO now know from the Twit and FB, that immediately after the election, the SAME agency responsible for this "anti-Clinton ad buy" starting running exclusively content to smear the new Trump Admin. Which follows what I've claimed all along. That this Russian tactic is aimed at sowing Doubt, Fear, and Distrust of the whole American political institution. They don't really CARE who is in charge, they want to use our own fighting, division, and polarizing and just NUDGE us over the edge.

Like we did when the old Soviet Union was in political crisis. Ain't about favorites. It's about helping us DESTROY the US political system. THAT'S the goal. WE put ourselves into this weak and volatile position. They just can't resist paying us back..

7. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,427
    The only "Russian trolls" I know of on this site were pushing rot from Alex Jones that was probably PLANTED by authentic Russian trolls. Unwitting accomplices.. Although Infowars and "Big Conspiracy" is big biz all year round --- every year.. Not just during election cycles.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,055
    I may be mistaken, but isn't a key aspect of being a "Russian Internet troll" (RIT) that readers of their prose don't know that they are reading the words of a RIT" There wouldn't be much point to being a RIT if one (one's organization/employer) weren't also pretty good at subterfuge.

Perhaps, however, "unwitting" is merely a synonym for ignorant, and there's a very simple cure for ignorance: sound circumspection. One need not know whether an author is a RIT; one need only put in the effort to examine the details of the matters about which one reads/hears. For most people, people of average intelligence, doing so rigorously and consistently will pretty well mitigate the effectiveness of RIT propaganda.

9. Lewdog

Lewdog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,240
    There was a guy on here not long ago that was pushing all these stories from a site while also trying to sell t-shirts, and the guy was from Albania where the Russian troll farms come from.

10. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,055
    What? Were my aim to sow discord, I'd sure care. To wit, I'd prefer to see elected leaders who knowingly or naively pander to and expound upon the divisive themes and conspiracy theories I'm pushing to foment animosity.