any chance McCain might switch parties

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
to Independent or even Democrat?

I sense there is going to be a major backlash against him within his own party for what they will view as his inability to hold onto the power they crave.

What do the Republicans think? I know he toyed with the idea in 2000/2001 before the 9/11 attacks.

I sense there is going to be a major backlash against him within his own party for what they will view as his inability to hold onto the power they crave.

What do the Republicans think? I know he toyed with the idea in 2000/2001 before the 9/11 attacks.

Nope, not now. He is a Goldwater conservative. The truist form of conservatism. He only toyed with the idea of laving because he felt the party was leaving him. He stayed and took the party back. He won't let that go.

I just can't see this as a possibility and the chances of John McCain switching parties I would say are slim and none in this case. In fact, it's more a possibility that John McCain will retire after this term in 2010. It's been speculated that someone like Trent Franks or even J.D Hayworth might reappear to make a run at that seat. Personally, I am awaiting President-Elect Obama to take our Gov. off our hands, although as she has been a disaster her, I honestly wouldn't wish that on the rest of the country.

Nope, not now. He is a Goldwater conservative. The truist form of conservatism. He only toyed with the idea of laving because he felt the party was leaving him. He stayed and took the party back. He won't let that go.

Wow, that's quite a statement. A "Goldwater conservative"?

Are you SURE about that?

He almost switched back in 2004, I believe. McCain says Kerry suggested it and Kerry says McCain was the one who was considering it.

And I believe it's not the first time. I would welcome him. But he would have to confess he flip flopped because the GOP made him.

Forum List

Back