Antivirus Live -- Nastiest Virus I've ever seen

I think computer virus infections should count as eletronic darwin awards. anyone dumb enough to get hit by a virus deserves it
It appears you just won a eletronic darwin award for one of the truely stupid things I have seen anyone post.

Most virus come in secretly, nobody 'allows' them and they quite often find ways around security.

you have to perform actions that allow them to execute. whether they are silent or not after that is irrelevant.
Wrong again, but at least you are consistant.

You don't have to do anything but click on the wrong web site.

You should really learn about this internet thingy before commenting on it.

It appears you just won a eletronic darwin award for one of the truely stupid things I have seen anyone post.

Most virus come in secretly, nobody 'allows' them and they quite often find ways around security.

you have to perform actions that allow them to execute. whether they are silent or not after that is irrelevant.

"clicking on the wrong website" == "allow them to execute". you really do not know what you are talking about

My son's machine got that. It is now a doorstop, as nothing else will go.

One of the advantages of a Mac. I have yet to see a virus on any of my mac machines. I had to take my vista machine and have them pull the hard drive and do a fresh install it was so virus ridden.

My son does lots of chat, so it must have come through there.

I've run Linux for years and NEVER had a virus or worm or anything of the sort. It amuses me that people continue to voluntarily use Windows

One of the advantages of a Mac. I have yet to see a virus on any of my mac machines. I had to take my vista machine and have them pull the hard drive and do a fresh install it was so virus ridden.

I've run Linux for years and NEVER had a virus or worm or anything of the sort. It amuses me that people continue to voluntarily use Windows

i use both and as stated before haven't got a virus on any of my windows installs without running any AV

Because no one bothers to create virus's for such a small percentage of computers.

"clicking on the wrong website" == "allow them to execute". you really do not know what you are talking about
No imbecile, tis YOU who hasn't a clue.

so you are telling me that you don't have to click a link and allow it to load some sort of content whose renderer/parser/interperter has a vulnerability in order to allow a 3rd party to run native code on your system? how many browser exploits have you written again? how many exploits and viruses have you reverse engineered? I really think you are out of your league

so you are telling me that you don't have to click a link and allow it to load some sort of content whose renderer/parser/interperter has a vulnerability in order to allow a 3rd party to run native code on your system? how many browser exploits have you written again? how many exploits and viruses have you reverse engineered? I really think you are out of your league
Its pretty clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

You really should just stop posting in this thread lest you continue to prove how monumenmtaly fucking stupid you are.

Many virus and trojan programs enter PCs through web browsers, you don't have to do a thing but click on the wrong web site, but you are too fucking thick to understand this, you keep thinking this is 15 years ago when you ahd to click on an executiuon file to get one.

Get with the times, you are an embarrisment.

You really should just stop posting in this thread lest you continue to prove how monumenmtaly fucking stupid you are.

Many virus and trojan programs enter PCs through web browsers, you don't have to do a thing but click on the wrong web site, but you are too fucking thick to understand this, you keep thinking this is 15 years ago when you ahd to click on an executiuon file to get one.

you have to be kidding me. when you click on a LINK, CODE runs whether its its the browser's html parser, javascript interpreter, 3rd party flash player, 3rd party java virtual machine, etc. these peices of code are VULNERABLE to system level vulnerabilities allowing NATIVE MACHINE CODE TO RUN when exploited. so by clicking on a link you don't trust, you are trusting that site not to contain a payload that will exploit your browser to run native machine code with the privledges of the person using the browser. once that code is loaded they have full control of your machine. you seriously have 0 clue what you are talking about. I do this for a living both writing exploits for browsers and other apps as proof of concepts or reverse engineering the exploits used by attackers and the malware they place on the system. if you really think code isn't running when you visit a page you are retarded

you have to be kidding me. when you click on a LINK, CODE runs whether its its the browser's html parser, javascript interpreter, 3rd party flash player, 3rd party java virtual machine, etc. these peices of code are VULNERABLE to system level vulnerabilities allowing NATIVE MACHINE CODE TO RUN when exploited. so by clicking on a link you don't trust, you are trusting that site not to contain a payload that will exploit your browser to run native machine code with the privledges of the person using the browser. once that code is loaded they have full control of your machine. you seriously have 0 clue what you are talking about. I do this for a living both writing exploits for browsers and other apps as proof of concepts or reverse engineering the exploits used by attackers and the malware they place on the system. if you really think code isn't running when you visit a page you are retarded
Asshole, get it through your head, it happens all over the net, on all kinds of sites, and it is not the 'fault' of the users, they did nothing wrong.

Your attempt to play yourself off as a super genius fails because you are too damn silly to understand this, which is ironic as you claimed people that get attacked somehow deserve darwin awards, whereas you are a primo candidate for one.

Asshole, get it through your head, it happens all over the net, on all kinds of sites, and it is not the 'fault' of the users, they did nothing wrong.

Your attempt to play yourself off as a super genius fails because you are too damn silly to understand this, which is ironic as you claimed people that get attacked somehow deserve darwin awards, whereas you are a primo candidate for one.

they did something wrong. they visited a url that was untrusted / unknown

As I already mentioned, I got attcked on the VH 1 site, that millions of people use.

Stop trying to wiggle out from your rediculous premise, and just admit you were wrong.

As I already mentioned, I got attcked on the VH 1 site, that millions of people use.

Stop trying to wiggle out from your rediculous premise, and just admit you were wrong.

was this through the main site or an ad? and were you running an ad blocker, if not then you let your browser visit an untrusted site, which again is your fault.

it is also the personal responsibility of the user to keep software up-to-date. and to choose software which is not a total swiss-cheese.

the user is the problem.

New Topics

Forum List

Back