Antiamericanism on the right.

I have not seen evidence of what you have said here. Can you post some links, or otherwise information that points to such celebrations?

What sort of evidence are you looking for? Because it's out there with Conservatives cheering about Chicago losing the Olympics. A bunch of them talked about how Chicago needs to change and become a better city even. However, since victory has been accomplished, they will go back to not giving a fuck about it.

You know, links to a news story of the celebrations, quotes from conservatives saying they are celebrating the loss of the Olympics. Just some kind of proof that conservatives are celebrating. Oh, and i really don't think there is any proof that it has anything to do with conservatives at all, just individuals who think they city did not deserve the Olympics.

Chicago is the cesspool of the US. I don't blame the world for not wanting to go to a city that weekly shows footage of out of countrol inner city thugs killing each other, or airing information about the rampant corruption of the politicians.
I still can't figure out why Wisconsin doesn't seal its southern border! :D

They need that border open or the Dells would shut down.

I have not seen evidence of what you have said here. Can you post some links, or otherwise information that points to such celebrations?

What sort of evidence are you looking for? Because it's out there with Conservatives cheering about Chicago losing the Olympics. A bunch of them talked about how Chicago needs to change and become a better city even. However, since victory has been accomplished, they will go back to not giving a fuck about it.

Um, he told you what sort of evidence he was looking for? See above, where he says, "Can you post some links". In other words, Mensa Boy, could you actually SHOW us the GOP or conservatives celebrating, rather than simply telling us, "it's out there", as though anyone is really going to take your word for it.

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

Your right..America is NOT on your side....this isn't about YOUR SIDE vs. THEIR SIDE you fucking dope.....

With all of the violence in Chicago...that's all we need is to have some foreign Olympian shot down by a Crip gangbanger......I'm glad Chicago lost the bid for the host city for the 2016 Olympics....it serves them right for NOT controlling the violence inherent to that city.

Where's your outcry for that young gentleman from Fenger High School murdered in the streets?!

You need to check your fucked up one way attitude at the door.

Um, he told you what sort of evidence he was looking for? See above, where he says, "Can you post some links". In other words, Mensa Boy, could you actually SHOW us the GOP or conservatives celebrating, rather than simply telling us, "it's out there", as though anyone is really going to take your word for it.
I personally don't consider these people conservative, but you do, no doubt.

Here they are reveling in it.

Conservatives Revel In America's Olympic Defeat | TPM LiveWire

I personally don't consider these people conservative, but you do, no doubt.

Here they are reveling in it.

Conservatives Revel In America's Olympic Defeat | TPM LiveWire

I watched a part of the address that Obama gave to secure the O-bid. I did not see the whole thing. The part that I saw stressed how the City of Chicago, the USA and the Olympics all shared the same dream. How the Olympics would be good for Chicago and the USA.

What struck me about the Obama-esque address was that it was not a sales pitch to the IOC at all but was rather an address aimed sloely at the Americans demonstrating his affinity and empathy with the people of both Chicago and the USA.

Would you buy a used car from a guy who sales pitch was that he would make a big commission if you bought and his wife and kids would be better off?

Why shouldn't we be happy that Obama's attempt to transfer even more money to his Chicago cronies has failed? America didn't fail and won't even suffer from this loss. Obama failed ... Again.

America didn't lose by not having to transfer even more tax dollars to Obama's Chicago bone thugs. It gained.

I've lived in Chicago for more than thirty years since I got out of the military. Sure, there are some places that are not so nice, but it's the same in every big city. Chicago is a beautiful city.

LA made a quarter billion back in 1984. Cites can handle the Olympics because they have a lot of stadiums and public transportation. Remember, LA used pools at the Universities and simply cleaned up the sports facilities.

There real reason Republicans are against America is because they hate Obama. He isn't the white color. They are ashamed that their political party tried to ruin this country during the last eight years tearing down the economy, the justice department, the department of defense and education. Everything they touched turned to sh!t. No way around that. They want the president to fail and many want to secede from the union. They want to teach mysticism in public schools. They are a minority that is dying out much too slowly. Which will last longer? Republican fanatics or the United States of America?

heres another asshole playing the so called "im against Obama cause he is black" game....FUCK OFF ASSHOLE..........

Last edited:
Chicago is the cesspool of the US. I don't blame the world for not wanting to go to a city that weekly shows footage of out of countrol inner city thugs killing each other, or airing information about the rampant corruption of the politicians.

They need that border open or the Dells would shut down.
The Dells still draw plenty of goobers from da Cities and Milwaukee.

You realize the Olympics tend to cause nothing but problems for the host city, correct? Why would we want that for any American city?

Yes, I can see how all that money from tourists and atheletes would be a serious problem for Chicago. I don't know how they'd ever recover.

here is the problem, they dont get a lot of money from tourists etc...the taxpayers of chicago end up paying a fortune...i posted a bunch of links on a thread yesterday to prove how costly olympic games are to the host city. i am pretty far to the left and i dont think the games are a good thing for this country right now. montreal is just now paying off the debt..after how many decades? so yea call me unamerican for not wanting to see the taxpayers of chicago hosed...call me unamerican for knowing fucking facts....i know that is just unamerican to the left and to the right...

if the damn truth fairy came in here...yall would beat her to death with a stick.

in 84 when the olympics were here in S.Cal.....Orange County got a few minor events....lots of tourist ....but still many places lost money.....just sayin....

You guys think Rio is safer than Chicago? Get a grip.

If the games had ben awarded to Chicago, it would have been called a success of the Prez.

Do you really think that anybody, ANYBODY, who was voting for this did NOT know that Obama is from CHICAGO?

What might we gleen from this?

That's an easy one. Republicans are racist and want to destroy this country. They applaud anything they can consider not a success. They promote failure. When they were in power they needlessly had thousands of Americans killed, ruined the economy and let the biggest mass murderer in American history get off scott free AND gave him a seven year head start against the current president.

We've already covered what they did to the economy and the middle class.

Did I "glean" enough?

I'm not even sure you read my comment.

I read it. People don't award the Olympics just because one person asks for it. The Olympic games have never been in South America. They have been in America many times.
Look at the recent, well publicized success of South American athletes, such as Juan Martin del Porto recently winning the US Open. Then there is the most popular sport in the world, Soccer, which is played by such powerhouses as Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Who even knows that in the US? The last two Olympics have seen an explosion of athletes in gymnastics and track and field from South America.

I've wondered for years why there had never been an Olympics in South America.

Republicans only want to shout, "Obama failed." That's their mantra. They hate this country. They want a country more like Iran. Where the church is behind the state and ignorant, uneducated conservatives are in charge of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conservatives were opposed to his trip prior to the IOC vote. I think that was quite clear.

For me, I was embarrased for America that a sitting President, with so much on his plate, would assume that his presence would influence the Olympic committee.

I think our president is exibiting narcisistic behavior.

Do you have any idea WTF you're babbling about, because I sure don't.

That's an easy one. Republicans are racist and want to destroy this country. They applaud anything they can consider not a success. They promote failure. When they were in power they needlessly had thousands of Americans killed, ruined the economy and let the biggest mass murderer in American history get off scott free AND gave him a seven year head start against the current president.

Did I "glean" enough?

I read it. People don't award the Olympics just because one person asks for it. The Olympic games have never been in South America. They have been in America many times.
Look at the recent, well publicized success of South American athletes, such as Juan Martin del Porto recently winning the US Open. Then there is the most popular sport in the world, Soccer, which is played by such powerhouses as Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Who even knows that in the US? The last two Olympics have seen an explosion of athletes in gymnastics and track and field from South America.

Republicans only want to shout, "Obama failed." That's their mantra. They hate this country. They want a country more like Iran. Where the church is behind the state and ignorant, uneducated conservatives are in charge of everything.

You keep making sense until your political tourette syndrome gets the better of you towards the end of your posts. It's a real shame.

That is not a problem of the US now is it?

Get a grip. If Chicago's number one community organizer was even half as good as y'all claim it may be a little safer place. It's not.

Did I "glean" enough?

no you did not gleen the Bullshit out of your ass.....your fucking Dems have plenty of racist too asshole...just ask anyone of them if they want the little Brownies moving into their neighborhoods....

Did I "glean" enough?

So before the visit and address by the prez, Chicago was thought to be in the final two. After the address by the Prez, Chicago was eliminated in the first round.

If the main features of the story were Dallas and Bush, what would your impression have been?

All of your points are valid, however, it is what it is. Chicago wqas a favorite that got knocked out in the first round. A real Buster Douglas caliber upset.

By the by, it was widely accepted by the Liberal Community that Bush was responsible for the hurricanes that hit New Orleans. Not talking at all about the response here. Bush was blamed for the actual hurricanes.

I have a question. Even if he is no longer the Prez, is Bush still responsible for hurricanes or in the more recent cases, typhoons and super typhoons? If it's not Bush, then who are we to blame?

Maybe that girl that Polanski raped...

no you did not gleen the Bullshit out of your ass.....your fucking Dems have plenty of racist too asshole...just ask anyone of them if they want the little Brownies moving into their neighborhoods....

mmmm....little brownies.....
brownies.gif

I'm not talking about "not being enthralled" or "thinking it was a bad idea", I'm talking about celebrations and applause at the news that Chicago lost it's bid.

That is not anti-American. Not even close. Words have meaning. Until and unless you have valid verified proof that persons against Chicago receiving the bid were in fact against America itself in any and all ways, you are using the word anti-American in a wrong manner.

So what would you call the desire for America to fail just so that it will make Obama look bad?

What do you call it when you and those like you wanted America to fail when Bush was President? Was it just to make Bush look bad?

Forum List

Back