Anti-muslim hate group: Meeting to "shut down mosques" !

Shut em down and send the death cult back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

So you're calling for shutting down all mosques in America? Seriously?

You people are unreal.

Why not? The US government has "shut down" others that they considered "cults." Isn't that right? Who decides what is a "religion" and what is not?

Yes...who does? The government can shut down or remove the tax exempt status cults that have committed crimes.

And, do you really think it's a good idea to do so with a religion that is over a thousand years old, second largest religion in the world, and despite extremism and violence is still largely peaceful? Certainly, American Muslims are little different than other religious groups in America in regards to their views. So you allow "public opinion" to disenfranchise them of their rights - not on the basis of what they done, like some cults who have committed crimes, but on the basis of "we don't like Muslims".

Do you honestly think that is a good precedent to set? I think it's scary. Government and Religion should be kept separate.

Shut em down and send the death cult back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

You people are unreal.

Why not? The US government has "shut down" others that they considered "cults." Isn't that right? Who decides what is a "religion" and what is not?

Yes...who does? The government can shut down or remove the tax exempt status cults that have committed crimes.

And, do you really think it's a good idea to do so with a religion that is over a thousand years old, second largest religion in the world, and despite extremism and violence is still largely peaceful? Certainly, American Muslims are little different than other religious groups in America in regards to their views. So you allow "public opinion" to disenfranchise them of their rights - not on the basis of what they done, like some cults who have committed crimes, but on the basis of "we don't like Muslims".

Do you honestly think that is a good precedent to set? I think it's scary. Government and Religion should be kept separate.

Unless the government decides they are bad?

I see plenty of Muslim women at the mall here. They are wearing the full burka which covers all but their eyes. Most of the time they are pushing strollers or accompanied by small children who are dressed normally and the men are also dressed normally.

We have a lot of Muslim women here...I've rarely seen a full burka, not at all I think and a niqab maybe 4 or 5 times. Of course, they are woman from a variety of different cultures and backgrounds. Most wear some form of headscarf. Of course many might not but I wouldn't recognize them as Muslim otherwise.

You people are unreal.

Unless the government decides they are bad?

How is the American Muslim community "bad" and do you think that should be left up to the government? (assuming crimes aren't being committed by the organization)

I see plenty of Muslim women at the mall here. They are wearing the full burka which covers all but their eyes. Most of the time they are pushing strollers or accompanied by small children who are dressed normally and the men are also dressed normally.

We have a lot of Muslim women here...I've rarely seen a full burka, not at all I think and a niqab maybe 4 or 5 times. Of course, they are woman from a variety of different cultures and backgrounds. Most wear some form of headscarf. Of course many might not but I wouldn't recognize them as Muslim otherwise.

I see them all the time, every time I go there I see at least 2 women dressed in full burka. I've seen some wearing just a head scarves too.

I see them all the time, every time I go there I see at least 2 women dressed in full burka. I've seen some wearing just a head scarves too.

It probably depends on where they come from, burka's are more of a cultural thing.

And ?

And ?

And what? Just making an observation of how the cult makes their women dress in ridiculous costumes, even if it's 90 degrees.

And ?

And what? Just making an observation of how the cult makes their women dress in ridiculous costumes, even if it's 90 degrees.
Its no more a cult than Christianity and your Constitution protects their freedom. Thats the way "freedom" works you know.

While I took the liberty of posting the bullet points, the professor goes into some detail about each in the article, so I would encourage you to click on the link. :)

http://newenglishreview.org/Richard_Hobbs_/Why_Islam_is_a_Cult/

1. The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

2. Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

3. Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

4. The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

5. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

6. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

7. The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

8. The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

9. The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

10. Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

11. The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

12. The group is preoccupied with making money.

13. Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

15. The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

Yep, see it more and more all the time.
It's sickening.

In some Muslim majority countries, they believe that is okay to marry 12 or 13 year old girls (sometimes even younger). They believe that it is okay to have more than one wife, etc. It is complete culture clash with our society and our laws.

I cannot believe that anyone thinks that these people are just going to drop their ancient customs and beliefs once they move to the US. That's just messed up. They will try to change the laws to go along with their customs, such as lowering age of consent, etc. The hardcore ones will fight against women's rights.

In some Muslim majority countries, they believe that is okay to marry 12 or 13 year old girls (sometimes even younger). They believe that it is okay to have more than one wife, etc. It is complete culture clash with our society and our laws.

I cannot believe that anyone thinks that these people are just going to drop their ancient customs and beliefs once they move to the US. That's just messed up. They will try to change the laws to go along with their customs, such as lowering age of consent, etc. The hardcore ones will fight against women's rights.

I agree.

Muslims have never assimilated into any country they land in.

They continue to practice their cult and I'm sure the parts of Europe they have inflicted themselves on wish they would all go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of.

And ?

Well...they don't really. Just some do. There is nothing in the doctrine itself that requires it.

In some non-Muslim countries as well. Look up child marriages and you'll find it's widespread across certain parts of the world, particularly areas that are economically stressed and culturally backwards. Instead of banging on about "muslims" wouldn't it be better to attack the issue of child marriage directly and support those groups and individuals trying to end it in their cultures, such as this woman in Malawi?

Well, apparently they DO change their customs as they adapt to American culture. Other than isolated incidents most seem to assimilate quite well. Child marriages are illegal as is polygamy, and when child marriages occur the law should come down hard, as it did in this case (eventually). Muslims are like any other religion that spans the world - you have different cultures, differing levels of education (and education is often equated to increased tolerance). It's like the assumption that the women will all be forced to wear burkas when burkas are are only worn by some Islamic traditions in some parts of the world.

In a survey of American religious groups, American Muslims were in line with most of the other religions in regards to women's rights. In regards to homosexual rights, they were more conservative then some, but more accepting then others (such as evangelicals).

As far as I can tell - there haven't been any American Muslims agitating for lowering the age of consent or fighting against women's rights.

Just some do
Some? Show me immigrants from any Muslim nation that don't. Then, MAYBE those Muslims could possibly assimilate, but provably not.

Muslims don't assimilate in any country they land in. They continue their cult religion and sharia law.

Europe is overrun with the bastards and I sure hope America doesn't follow suite.
Because all American immigrants renounce their faith when they land ?

Just some do
Some? Show me immigrants from any Muslim nation that don't. Then, MAYBE those Muslims could possibly assimilate, but provably not.

Muslims don't assimilate in any country they land in. They continue their cult religion and sharia law.

Europe is overrun with the bastards and I sure hope America doesn't follow suite.
Because all American immigrants renounce their faith when they land ?

Nope. Guess you haven't noticed all the dead in Europe and the dead in San Bernardino.

Forum List

Back