Anti gunners predict blood in the streets if law abiding people can carry guns in every state, again

33,000 gun deaths a year. We already have blood in the streets.

And why do you ignore the estimated one million times a year that guns are used in self defense?

34% of criminals said that they had been scared away from a “victim” who was potentially armed, or had been captured by an armed citizen. http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...72579b80079912d/$FILE/SenState0305AttachB.pdf

Well, we can’t trust what criminals would say in a survey.

So how about Reason? How to Count the Defensive Use of Guns

Reason’s conclusion of the battling statistics is that it doesn’t matter. We know that guns are used defensively. Tracking them through verified reports is kind of hard, in fact nearly impossible.

The argument we hear from Rape Survivor advocates is that many more women do not report a sexual assault and those numbers must be estimated. Yet, for defensive use of weapons, we can’t apply the same methodology. I believe that this is true for a large number of crimes. All times when someone strikes another are not reported to the police as an assault. It is broken up by friend/bystanders and never gets reported.

Every person speeding on the highways at this very moment will not be caught. A fraction of those people will not be caught or cited. I believe there are women who do not report rapes. I believe there are people who find themselves in a dangerous situation move a jacket or shirt back to expose a firearm, and the potential mugger etc. runs away. Or they say I have a gun to a closed door and the potential burglar flees.

How many crimes will be committed if we ban guns? We know it will be more. We just don’t know how many more. We know it would take years, or decades, if we ever are able to get the guns off the street. How many rapes, murders, robberies, assaults, and other crimes will occur when the criminals, 88% of whom believe that if a criminal wants a gun, he can get it easily, have these illegal weapons and the victims don’t? I for one, do not wish to find out. Do you? How many women would you condemn to being raped to satisfy your urge to get rid of scary guns? How many seniors would you condemn to being the victim of home invasions and possibly death?

Soldiers in Vietnam were furious that the enemy had a better weapon in the AK-47 than they had in the M-14. That the enemy had a better weapon in the AK than the troops had in the M-16 is one of a longstanding debate that will probably never be settled. The troops wanted a fighting chance.

i am a liberal gun owner....i think my son is now a conservative gun owners...and one thing he hates is not being allowed to travel with his pistol in all states

right now i am alone and have been for a couple of nights...you look at my windows all you see is dark....my son comes over for dinner....i ask if he wants to stay the night cause i am alone...his reply....you have the dogs and the guns...and he is right ....why are you against my defending myself...the police wont be here in just minutes...and till then i am on my own
Guns at home? I`m good with that.

So rape, robbery and murder outside the home is fine with you....good to know....
How often have you been raped robbed and murdered outside your home?

i am a liberal gun owner....i think my son is now a conservative gun owners...and one thing he hates is not being allowed to travel with his pistol in all states

right now i am alone and have been for a couple of nights...you look at my windows all you see is dark....my son comes over for dinner....i ask if he wants to stay the night cause i am alone...his reply....you have the dogs and the guns...and he is right ....why are you against my defending myself...the police wont be here in just minutes...and till then i am on my own

So rape, robbery and murder outside the home is fine with you....good to know....

Me....none. So...according to you then, if it has never happened to me, rape, robbery and murder never, ever happens?

I have had several friends robbed at gun point.....the ex wife of my mom's uncle was murdered....in her home.....years ago the female clerk at the local 7-11 was robbed, taken to the store room and raped....

But I guess the rape, robbery and murder are just fantasies made up by gun nuts......

Me....none. So...according to you then, if it has never happened to me, rape, robbery and murder never, ever happens?

I have had several friends robbed at gun point.....the ex wife of my mom's uncle was murdered....in her home.....years ago the female clerk at the local 7-11 was robbed, taken to the store room and raped....

But I guess the rape, robbery and murder are just fantasies made up by gun nuts......
rapes robberies and murders prevented by guns for the most part are indeed fantasies made up by gun pussies. The last murder in my community was over a burned casserole.
Cops: Wife killed husband after fight over burned casserole

the shooting in texas was over by the time the dude with the shotgun showed up....both sides lie like dogs to promote their own agendas..which is a major part of the problem

Wrong...you didn't understand what actually happened...The NRA instructor used an AR-15 civilian rifle to stop the killing....

WATCH: TX Shooting Victim's Son Tells Mom's Story of Encountering Gunman

========

'Be quiet! It's him!' Survivors say shooter walked pew by pew looking for people to shoot - CNN

As the massacre continued, Ramirez made eye contact with Annabelle Pomeroy -- the 14-year-old daughter of the church's pastor. She was crying for help, Ramirez told KSAT.
Realizing Annabelle might get shot, Ramirez motioned with his finger for her to stay quiet. It didn't work. Annabelle was killed.

The gunman eventually made his way to the back pew, where Brown's mother was hiding, "and started shooting the lady next to her multiple times," Brown said.

Brown's mother was certain she would be next, "and her life was about to end."

"Then somebody with a gun showed up at the front of the church (and) caught the shooter's attention," Brown said. "And he left, and that was the end of the ordeal."
Had he had a 94 Winchester it would have worked just a well. Maybe better because the .30 hunting ammo would have made a more effective wound.

The assault weapons are made for one purpose only. Killing as many people as possible, as quickly as possible. They have shown that they are very effective at that this year. There is no reason that they should not require the same license as the full auto .45 Thompson.

LOL In 74 years, I have yet to be robbed or murdered. Now I did have to use a gun in self defense once, but it was in a situation where I knew there was a danger. I have owned guns for 62 years now. I have never needed an assault weapon. All your squawking is simply defense of the indefensible.

The Bill for National Concealed Carry Reciprocity......you can carry your gun in any state if you aren't a criminal, passed the House Committee....and the left wing, anti gunners are using the "blood in the streets" argument...again...the same argument they used every time a state would pass a concealed carry or open carry of guns law.....and each and every time they were, and are, wrong.......they are doing it again....and they are wrong again.

Normal, law abiding people carrying guns for self defense doesn't increase the gun crime rate or the violent crime rate....it never has, it never will......how do we know? 21 years of actual gun carrying by Americans......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

All this bill will actually do is keep New York, New Jersey and other blue states from ruining the lives of law abiding people who carry their legal guns for self defense....

This will be stopped.....

Woman with Pa. handgun permit faces prison sentence for carrying in New Jersey

A Philadelphia mother of two who obtained the necessary permits to carry a gun in Pennsylvania and was arrested in New Jersey for unlawful possession of a weapon is now facing three years in prison.

Shaneen Allen, 27, obtained a license-to-carry permit and purchased a .380 Bersa Thunder handgun after she was robbed in a Philadelphia alley in July 2013, according to a report on Philly.com.

During a trip to Atlantic City last October, Allen was arrested following a routine traffic stop and was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets. Allen told Philly.com she told the police officer she had a firearm in her purse and a carry license for it.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country and does not recognize carry permits from any other state. A report from the Washington Post suggests race might have played a part in Allen's arrest.

Allen is facing a mandatory three-year prison term and has a hearing in Atlantic County tomorrow, according to Philly.com.

Many gun advocates have rallied in support of her, the website said, and she is being represented by Evan Nappen, a lawyer who specializes in gun cases.
Kind of like the bloodshed in Vegas and that little church in Texas?

Do you even reallize that in those two shootings combined....they murdered 84 people....

A guy in Nice, with a rental truck murdered 86 people in 5 minutes of driving......do you mean bloodshed like that.....

Do you realize that one rental truck in Nice, France, killed more people in that one attack than in each year of mass public shootings in this country up to 2016?

Do you mean bloodshed like that? with a rental truck?

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Rental Truck in Nice, France, 86 murdered in 5 minutes...

Total number murdered in mass public shootings by year...
2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)
A fucked up lie, like most of what 2a posts.

ABC's Thomas: Mass shootings have tripled since 2000

In research circles, there is no hard and fast definition for a mass shooting. Instead, the FBI uses the term "mass murder" when four or more people are killed in what is essentially a single episode. By that definition, Blair said there has been no increase in mass shootings.

James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University in Boston, told PunditFact the rate of mass murders has held steady for decades.

"Since 1976, we’ve averaged about 20 cases a year," Fox said. "On average, about 100 people a year are killed by mass murderers."

The data on killings is fraught with analytic pitfalls. USA Today researchers found that the FBI’s homicide data is accurate only about 60 percent of the time. On top of that, different studies look at different kinds of events. For example, Fox includes killings within families and murders committed during burglaries in his tally.

In contrast, the magazine Mother Jones did an extensive investigation that aimed to identify instances where at least four people were murdered and the motive was indiscriminate killing in a public setting. Researchers eliminated cases where the violence took place in a home or was tied to a robbery or gang warfare. (Those standards might exclude the Santa Barbara slayings because three of the victims were the killer’s roommates and were slain in their apartment. Nor would it be correct to call them shootings because they were stabbed to death.)

Using its approach, Mother Jones found that the rate of these killings has gone up over time. During the period 2000 to 2008, there were 1.8 mass murders a year. From 2009 to 2013, the rate doubled to 3.6 events per year. This shows an increase, but not as large as Thomas suggested.

However you cut it, that list is far less than the reality. And this year has been a banner year, so far.

rapes robberies and murders prevented by guns for the most part are indeed fantasies made up by gun pussies. The last murder in my community was over a burned casserole.

Or not.

But I thought that guns were never used defensively.

Hey....dipshit...the gun wasn't the problem...it was the alchoholism that caused the murder....you didn't read your own link......when you have domestic murder, it isn't the gun in the home......it is drug addiction, alcoholism, a history of violence and a history of criminal behavior......normal homes, that have guns in them, don't end up with murder.....

During police questioning later, she told officers she drank seven beers and her husband was insulting her and cursing her cooking. She said they wound up in the bedroom, where her husband pulled the gun from a holster and she put her finger on the trigger and it went off, court documents said.

the shooting in texas was over by the time the dude with the shotgun showed up....both sides lie like dogs to promote their own agendas..which is a major part of the problem

Wrong...you didn't understand what actually happened...The NRA instructor used an AR-15 civilian rifle to stop the killing....

WATCH: TX Shooting Victim's Son Tells Mom's Story of Encountering Gunman

========

'Be quiet! It's him!' Survivors say shooter walked pew by pew looking for people to shoot - CNN

As the massacre continued, Ramirez made eye contact with Annabelle Pomeroy -- the 14-year-old daughter of the church's pastor. She was crying for help, Ramirez told KSAT.
Realizing Annabelle might get shot, Ramirez motioned with his finger for her to stay quiet. It didn't work. Annabelle was killed.

The gunman eventually made his way to the back pew, where Brown's mother was hiding, "and started shooting the lady next to her multiple times," Brown said.

Brown's mother was certain she would be next, "and her life was about to end."

"Then somebody with a gun showed up at the front of the church (and) caught the shooter's attention," Brown said. "And he left, and that was the end of the ordeal."
Had he had a 94 Winchester it would have worked just a well. Maybe better because the .30 hunting ammo would have made a more effective wound.

The assault weapons are made for one purpose only. Killing as many people as possible, as quickly as possible. They have shown that they are very effective at that this year. There is no reason that they should not require the same license as the full auto .45 Thompson.

Neither of them had an assault weapon...and assault weapon is a military rifle that has a select fire capability......and you can't get around the fact that the NRA instructor used a legal, personally owned AR-15 civilian rifle....to stop this killer, saving at least 26 lives and likely even more.....long before the police arrived with their AR-15 civilian rifles.....

And there are 16 million of these rifles in private hands.....that are never used for crime or violence.....

16,000,000 vs. 2 that were used in Vegas and Texas....can you tell which number is bigger? And Each year the AR-15 is used just as often to save lives as they are to take lives by criminals who use them illegally......

The Bill for National Concealed Carry Reciprocity......you can carry your gun in any state if you aren't a criminal, passed the House Committee....and the left wing, anti gunners are using the "blood in the streets" argument...again...the same argument they used every time a state would pass a concealed carry or open carry of guns law.....and each and every time they were, and are, wrong.......they are doing it again....and they are wrong again.

Normal, law abiding people carrying guns for self defense doesn't increase the gun crime rate or the violent crime rate....it never has, it never will......how do we know? 21 years of actual gun carrying by Americans......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

All this bill will actually do is keep New York, New Jersey and other blue states from ruining the lives of law abiding people who carry their legal guns for self defense....

This will be stopped.....

Woman with Pa. handgun permit faces prison sentence for carrying in New Jersey

A Philadelphia mother of two who obtained the necessary permits to carry a gun in Pennsylvania and was arrested in New Jersey for unlawful possession of a weapon is now facing three years in prison.

Shaneen Allen, 27, obtained a license-to-carry permit and purchased a .380 Bersa Thunder handgun after she was robbed in a Philadelphia alley in July 2013, according to a report on Philly.com.

During a trip to Atlantic City last October, Allen was arrested following a routine traffic stop and was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets. Allen told Philly.com she told the police officer she had a firearm in her purse and a carry license for it.

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country and does not recognize carry permits from any other state. A report from the Washington Post suggests race might have played a part in Allen's arrest.

Allen is facing a mandatory three-year prison term and has a hearing in Atlantic County tomorrow, according to Philly.com.

Many gun advocates have rallied in support of her, the website said, and she is being represented by Evan Nappen, a lawyer who specializes in gun cases.
Kind of like the bloodshed in Vegas and that little church in Texas?

Do you even reallize that in those two shootings combined....they murdered 84 people....

A guy in Nice, with a rental truck murdered 86 people in 5 minutes of driving......do you mean bloodshed like that.....

Do you realize that one rental truck in Nice, France, killed more people in that one attack than in each year of mass public shootings in this country up to 2016?

Do you mean bloodshed like that? with a rental truck?

Rental Truck in Nice, France, 86 murdered in 5 minutes...

Total number murdered in mass public shootings by year...
2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)
A fucked up lie, like most of what 2a posts.

ABC's Thomas: Mass shootings have tripled since 2000

In research circles, there is no hard and fast definition for a mass shooting. Instead, the FBI uses the term "mass murder" when four or more people are killed in what is essentially a single episode. By that definition, Blair said there has been no increase in mass shootings.

James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University in Boston, told PunditFact the rate of mass murders has held steady for decades.

"Since 1976, we’ve averaged about 20 cases a year," Fox said. "On average, about 100 people a year are killed by mass murderers."

The data on killings is fraught with analytic pitfalls. USA Today researchers found that the FBI’s homicide data is accurate only about 60 percent of the time. On top of that, different studies look at different kinds of events. For example, Fox includes killings within families and murders committed during burglaries in his tally.

In contrast, the magazine Mother Jones did an extensive investigation that aimed to identify instances where at least four people were murdered and the motive was indiscriminate killing in a public setting. Researchers eliminated cases where the violence took place in a home or was tied to a robbery or gang warfare. (Those standards might exclude the Santa Barbara slayings because three of the victims were the killer’s roommates and were slain in their apartment. Nor would it be correct to call them shootings because they were stabbed to death.)

Using its approach, Mother Jones found that the rate of these killings has gone up over time. During the period 2000 to 2008, there were 1.8 mass murders a year. From 2009 to 2013, the rate doubled to 3.6 events per year. This shows an increase, but not as large as Thomas suggested.

However you cut it, that list is far less than the reality. And this year has been a banner year, so far.

Yep...dip shit....2017 is an anomaly.....it is not a common year.......so out of 35 years of mass public shooting data....we had one year where we had over 100 people killed.......while knives are used to murder over 1,500 people every single year....

And the fact that mass public shootings murder fewer people every single year compared to knives, clubs and bare hands......is a fact you can't get around......every single year those things murder more people....yet you don't bring them up......because it ruins your entire narrative...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Rifles....374

knives....1,604

blunt objects....472

bare hands....656

One year .......

The rental truck in Nice, France murdered more people than all the mass public shooters each year for 34 years......86.....as my link shows....

So of all the problems....a rental truck is more lethal than all the mass public shooters in each of 34 years......moron.

And in the last mass shooting....an NRA instructor with the same rifle stopped the shooter, and saved 26 lives, and likely more.....because had he not been there, the killer would have murdered the rest of the victims....26.....and left the scene to murder more people....long before the police arrived.....

The total number of mass public shootings by year according to Mother Jones using the FBI definition...which you don't want to use because it shows how small the numbers actually are....

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Forum List

Back