Anti-Defamation League Fucks Up

You know perfectly well I do not condone mass murder. And I am sorry you feel I try to oppress christianity. I fail to see what that has to do with this thread, though.

Last edited:
The OP is a bit misleading I think. The Anti-Defamation League was formed to prevent and/or curtail the tremendous defamation lobbed against Jews. To my knowledge, it has less to do with religion than it has to do with an ethnic group that has been the target of all kinds of ill will since the beginning of time.

Jews have Synagogues for religious purposes. The ADL serves to change attitudes about Jewish people.

Considering the centuries old Arab hatred for the Jews' existence it does not surprise me that the ADL should be against this mosque at Ground Zero. Many Americans of many religions have been and are very hostile against the idea of having a mosque in that location. It has nothing to do with any religion, so why do you single out Jews as having a religious objection to the mosque?

The reason so many Americans object to this disgusting display of such Arab arrogance, insensitivity and hatred is because the Arabs of whatever nation deliberately attacked a country with the aim to kill anyone who is/was an infidel.

Last edited:
How sad. You live well, in a paradise, and no one bothers you....yet you nourish hate in your heart.
Madi.
It saddens me that so many people are oblivious to what is upon them and they believe the "news" that is shoved down their throat.
My M.I.L. and hubby watched their families get riddled by bullets in Ukraine.They got toted off by Nazi's to sew and peel 'taters.
They were also in denial.
I raise so much hell because i know I'm right and my peers think I'm a loon.
My F.I.L. thanked me in 2005 for making sure his daughter din't have to witness what they did.
He saw the end of the movie just as clearly as I did but more so. He survived it.
I did too, but without the oppression.
They were sheep and did't want to face reality either.
Denial is seriously fucked up.
LOOK AROUND !

Last edited:
Anti-Defamation League opposes mosque near Ground Zero | cleveland.com

Way to promote religious tolerance, ADL. This was a fuck up.

Are you trying to tolerate the thousands murdered by Muslims?

I think for the sake of Islam, they would be much better off building their mosque elsewhere.

Are we required to tolerate the thousands molested by Catholic Priests? I think for the sake of Catholicism, they would be much better off building their churches ways from schools and close their orphanages.

I think for the sake of Islam, they would be much better off building their mosque elsewhere.

Are we required to tolerate the thousands molested by Catholic Priests? I think for the sake of Catholicism, they would be much better off building their churches ways from schools and close their orphanages.

Are the Catholics trying to build a Catholic church at ground zero that I am unaware of? And was it Catholics that flew two jet liners into the twin towers while molesting children?

I didn't think so.

Let me know when you have a valid point pertaining to the OP and we will discuss.

yes, priests molesting children is the equivalent of muslims flying planes into buildings.

has the catholic church been at times very slow to responding to the sexual abuse by its priests? yes. did they try to cover up some of these abuses? yes. have they condemned these acts? absolutely.

tell me, cite me one example of a priest or bishop promoting the molestation of children? how many priests felt they were doing jesus' will by abusing children?

priest molestation is disgusting, but the fact remains the rate of child molestors among priests is simimilar to that of the general population. it is hardly a catholic issue. people flying planes into building and blowing themselves is a rather uniquely muslim problem.

I think you'll find that the jews as a whole tend have one set of rules for them and another set for everyone else in many cases. They are obviously biased against the muslims because they have relatives back in israel being attacked on a weekly basis. Factor in the massive jewish population in the northeast and there's your explanation. Besides, the ADL just like the SPLC is more of political tool of the left these days more than anything else.

this is a crude analogy, but anyone who knows sports should get it.

imagine in the late 80's, a few guys from queens got together and bought a bar across the street from fenway park in boston. they decided to have a Met's decor, and gave it the name Buckner's Hole.

you think some red sox fans might find that a little offensive?

yes, priests molesting children is the equivalent of muslims flying planes into buildings.

has the catholic church been at times very slow to responding to the sexual abuse by its priests? yes. did they try to cover up some of these abuses? yes. have they condemned these acts? absolutely.

tell me, cite me one example of a priest or bishop promoting the molestation of children? how many priests felt they were doing jesus' will by abusing children?

priest molestation is disgusting, but the fact remains the rate of child molestors among priests is simimilar to that of the general population. it is hardly a catholic issue. people flying planes into building and blowing themselves is a rather uniquely muslim problem.

Using a plane to destroy a building had never happened before 9/11. It is unique, period. It was done by terrorists, and while they were Muslim, I think it is grossly unfair to suggest American Muslims were any less shocked and repulsed by what happened.

There is no legal basis for discriminating against a religion in this fashion. This is a bullshit divisive issue meant to whip up anti-Muslim fervor among Americans, and it should be beneath the ADL to engage in such conduct.

Using a plane to destroy a building had never happened before 9/11. It is unique, period. It was done by terrorists, and while they were Muslim, I think it is grossly unfair to suggest American Muslims were any less shocked and repulsed by what happened.

There is no legal basis for discriminating against a religion in this fashion. This is a bullshit divisive issue meant to whip up anti-Muslim fervor among Americans, and it should be beneath the ADL to engage in such conduct.

the whole plane into building thing was unique to 9/11. people strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up train stations/coffee shops/ etc is hardly a one-time event.

there may be a legal basis for stopping this mosque, depending upon where the $100 millino is coming from to fund it. and as far as i know right now, no one knows for sure where that money is coming from.

of all places to put a mosque, why ground zero?
of all the names, why Cordoba house?
of all dates to open, why the 10th anniversary of 9/11?

the whole plane into building thing was unique to 9/11. people strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up train stations/coffee shops/ etc is hardly a one-time event.

there may be a legal basis for stopping this mosque, depending upon where the $100 millino is coming from to fund it. and as far as i know right now, no one knows for sure where that money is coming from.

Why not ? Since when does a religion have to concern itself with politics. Any other religion that did would be chastised for it.

Why not ? Since when does a religion have to concern itself with politics. Any other religion that did would be chastised for it.

you really can't think of any reason's why not?

The Muslim Terrorists that flew the planes into the towers were American Muslims. And their neighbors said they were fun loving people.

No one is descriminating against Muslims here. No one is telling Muslims they cannot build a mosque. They are telling them that they cannot build a mosque in a sore spot. And any rational religion would recognize this.

I'm offended that this "cultural center" (read Mosque) is being dedicated on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

NNnnnooooooooooooooooo.... this isn't a monument to their successful attack. Not possible. :rolleyes:

That is a very rational and good reason to stop it.

Is there something wrong with just letting them build their building of worship and worshiping as they choose?

Is there something wrong with just letting them build their building of worship and worshiping as they choose?

remember when bush was president and such a big deal was made out of the fact that guantanamo bay was such an awful thing because it was a recruiting tool for terrorists?

any chance that a 13 story mosque called Cordoba built near the ruins of ground zero might be used for that purpose as well? what better way to show the weakness of your enemy than to build a monument at the site of your greatest military victory.

I'll agree to that when they allow a Catholic Cathedral or Synogogue built in the center of Mecca.

This is in a way the equivalent of building a "Museum" dedidated to America's triumph over the Japanese in Hiroshima, next to the Peace Dome, and dedicat it on the 75th anniversary of the A-Bomb.

tasteless perchance? Offensive possibly? Deliberate insult? You betcher sweet bippie it is.

what does this have to do with religious tolerance? this is them standing up for common decency.

and why doesn't anybody have the balls to ask the imam: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING YOU INCONSIDERATE PRICK? OF ALL THE PLACES IN THE WORLD TO BUILD A GIGANTIC MOSQUE, YOU NEED TO DO IT A FEW FEET FROM WHERE MEMBERS OF YOUR RELIGION MURDERED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE! WHERE ONCE THE SYMBOLS OF AMERICAN MIGHT ONCE STOOD, YOU NEED TO PUT A MOSQUE AND NAME IT, OF ALL THINGS, CORDOBA HOUSE?"

why do we expect everyone else to be so sensitve regarding muslims, but than ask nothing of them? show an image of allah on comedy central? for god's sake we can't do that, that might offend someone. yet they don't seem to give shit that millions of americans find it offensive to build a mosque at ground zero.

This. Exactly.

Forum List

Back