Anti-Bush New Zealand pizza billboard

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
Pizza billboard causes a stir

Decision on appropriateness of billboard which features US president being made today

8 August 2005

A decision is due to be made today whether a billboard labelling President Bush an 'evil bastard' is appropriate.

The Hell Pizza billboards have been erected around Auckland and Wellington. Half of the poster is taken up with a photo of the president and the other half has the phrase 'Hell: Too Good For Some Evil Bastards.'

Outdoor Advertising New Zealand is reviewing who is behind the boards and whether the Advertising Standards Authority needs to become involved.

Hell's media manager, Matthew Blomfield, says they expected to cause a bit of a stir. He says it is meant to provoke discussion and be a little edgy, instead of bland, boring advertising.

Mr Blomfield is hoping reaction will be balanced between those who find it funny and those who are upset by it.

Link

hell.jpg

Said1 said:

My take, they are entitled to their opinion, we are entitled to how we, those that voted for GW, deal with their opinion.

I will say, since shortly after 9/11, I have not bought one French product. New Zealand was on my 'no buy' list a long time ago.

Kathianne said:
My take, they are entitled to their opinion, we are entitled to how we, those that voted for GW, deal with their opinion.

I will say, since shortly after 9/11, I have not bought one French product. New Zealand was on my 'no buy' list a long time ago.

C'mon, New Zealand is probably the most charming place in the entire English speaking world. It's the most beautiful country of it's size in the world and the people are extremely friendly. Have you ever been there? Anyone who has would know that what I say is true.

nucular said:
C'mon, New Zealand is probably the most charming place in the entire English speaking world. It's the most beautiful country of it's size in the world and the people are extremely friendly. Have you ever been there? Anyone who has would know that what I say is true.

They used to be my #2 destination, after Australia. No longer. Wouldn't go there for $0 cost. May be beautiful geographically, but not politically, which is more important to me right now.

Kathianne said:
They used to be my #2 destination, after Australia. No longer. Wouldn't go there for $0 cost. May be beautiful geographically, but not politically, which is more important to me right now.

If love of Geo. Bush is the way to choose holiday destinations, I hope you like Idaho and Nebraska. Because basically the entire world is united in varying degrees of opposition and disgust with the Bush administration. This is not an opinion, just my experience after talking with people all over the world during my travels. Where else to go?

nucular said:
If love of Geo. Bush is the way to choose holiday destinations, I hope you like Idaho and Nebraska. Because basically the entire world is united in varying degrees of opposition and disgust with the Bush administration. This is not an opinion, just my experience after talking with people all over the world during my travels. Where else to go?

Has not a twit to do with GW. Has to do with their reaction to US. Get the difference?

nucular said:

who cares what the world thinks? if it weren't for the US, the rest of the world would wallow in debt. How about we pull all the monthly welfare checks these ingrates get (only the countries that have the attitude that france & germany do) and see how they stay afloat then...we would solve our own debt problem in a month or two.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

nucular said:

Do the anti anti-Bush boycotts really accomplish much? I remember when there was an anti "Dixie Chicks" boycott after they said that they were ashamed that Bush was from Texas. Did the chicks loose much projected profit after they made that comment? Has France suffered much due to reaction from its refusal to support the Iraq war? I doubt that these "political boycotts" accomplish all that much.

mattskramer said:
Do the anti anti-Bush boycotts really accomplish much? I remember when there was an anti "Dixie Chicks" boycott after they said that they were ashamed that Bush was from Texas. Did the chicks loose much projected profit after they made that comment? Has France suffered much due to reaction from its refusal to support the Iraq war? I doubt that these "political boycotts" accomplish all that much.

Ya know Matts, you are here alot, but you really don't know the folks much. Do you really think I would do a 'anti-bush boycott'?

Kathianne said:
Ya know Matts, you are here alot, but you really don't know the folks much. Do you really think I would do a 'anti-bush boycott'?

You misread my message or I didn't present my thought's correctly. What is your view on anti anti Bush boycotts? In other words, would you do a boycott against those who are against Bush?

mattskramer said:
You misread my message or I didn't present my thought's correctly. What is your view on anti anti Bush boycotts? In other words, would you do a boycott against those who are against Bush?

Just like the post about New Zealand, not so much against Bush as anti-US, not too mention anti-WOT.

Until Spain capitulated, I was pro-Spain. They weren't anti-Bush as much as anti-getting bombed. Path of least resistance, so they thought.

fuzzykitten99 said:
who cares what the world thinks? if it weren't for the US, the rest of the world would wallow in debt. How about we pull all the monthly welfare checks these ingrates get (only the countries that have the attitude that france & germany do) and see how they stay afloat then...we would solve our own debt problem in a month or two.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I care what the world thinks because I travel it, have friends all over it and love the world to death, and don't intend to stop. So it matters to me what people around the world think.

mattskramer said:

apparently the dixie chicks did because they were crying to high heaven about censorship when Bush said "they have the right to their opinion but some people might not like what they have to say."

mattskramer said:
Boycotts don't really work anymore.

I don't really care what other countries think about our President as a person. There will always be countries who don't agree with what we are doing.

My issue is respect. You don't have to like the person to respect the position that person holds.

I would dare say that almost every successful country in the world, in one way or the other, owes the United States for our part in their success.

I don't see billboards around anywhere in the U.S. saying that another country's leader is going to hell for something he/she has done.

nucular said:
I care what the world thinks because I travel it, have friends all over it and love the world to death, and don't intend to stop. So it matters to me what people around the world think.

so what you're saying without typing is that you are better than the rest of us, and we should act like the rest of the world, yet, WE seem to have the most stable economy, lowest unemployment rate, lowest inflation rate....i could go on, but since i have to work and support a family instead of travel the world...

fuzzykitten99 said:
so what you're saying without typing is that you are better than the rest of us, and we should act like the rest of the world, yet, WE seem to have the most stable economy, lowest unemployment rate, lowest inflation rate....i could go on, but since i have to work and support a family instead of travel the world...

We should also be grateful for the time on the board he gives us. After all, instead of traveling around the world even more, he is here, with us.

:puke3:

GotZoom said:
We should also be grateful for the time on the board he gives us. After all, instead of traveling around the world even more, he is here, with us.

:puke3:

Instead of spending money.. I'm here with you.. What do I get?

Forum List

Back