Another winning issue for Trump

Getting rid of Obamacare will surely get votes for Trump. It was never popular with anyone I knew. Sounds like Trump will make this a priority.

---Trump promises to replace Obamacare with his own healthcare 'alternative'---

Isn't this the same promise he made in 2016 and never came out with a plan? Why would anyone believe him now? MAGA cults excepted.

The word 'Obamacare' may be toxic but the actual policies of Obamacare are very popular, especially the ban on pre-existing conditions. There is no way Trump will be able to do any more now than in his previous term, most of Obamacare is still very popular.

Isn't this the same promise he made in 2016 and never came out with a plan? Why would anyone believe him now? MAGA cults excepted.

The word 'Obamacare' may be toxic but the actual policies of Obamacare are very popular, especially the ban on pre-existing conditions. There is no way Trump will be able to do any more now than in his previous term, most of Obamacare is still very popular.

Exactly. If a person just says "are you for or against Obamacare?", most on the right will say they don't like it. But, if you specify policies like what you did and ask if people like the change, most will say yes. Guess it depends on how you phrase the question.

And yeah, didn't Trump say he was going to get rid of Obamacare on day 1 and replace it with his own plan? Only trouble is, Trump didn't do anything other than try to put his name on some programs that already existed, and then try to claim the credit.

If Trump is reelected, I kinda expect more of the same as what he did his last term (meaning not much other than dividing the country and pissing off our allies) and I also expect him to try to do even more outlaw crap, because he will think he is invulnerable, and might try to become the dictator that he hinted he might.

Exactly. If a person just says "are you for or against Obamacare?", most on the right will say they don't like it. But, if you specify policies like what you did and ask if people like the change, most will say yes. Guess it depends on how you phrase the question.

And yeah, didn't Trump say he was going to get rid of Obamacare on day 1 and replace it with his own plan? Only trouble is, Trump didn't do anything other than try to put his name on some programs that already existed, and then try to claim the credit.

If Trump is reelected, I kinda expect more of the same as what he did his last term (meaning not much other than dividing the country and pissing off our allies) and I also expect him to try to do even more outlaw crap, because he will think he is invulnerable, and might try to become the dictator that he hinted he might.

If a president pisses off our allies because he actually puts our country first, that's absolutely fine with me. Trump was the first "America first" president we've had in decades.

Why did he piss off our allies? Because he told them they needed to fucking start paying their fair share for their NATO defense alliance. NOTHING wrong with that.

Last edited:
Why on earth would he do that? He doesn't need to give all the details now. He can do that after he's back in the White House.
Don't be a sucker. He had no plan from 2016 to 2020. It was all a lie, as none were introduced. It is a lie now. It is not likely the 15 million covered under the Affordable Care Act, right now are goint to trust him so come up with one, since his repeal and replace plan was big on repeal and non-existent on replace.

Don't be a sucker. He had no plan from 2016 to 2020. It was all a lie, as none were introduced. It is a lie now. It is not likely the 15 million covered under the Affordable Care Act, right now are goint to trust him so come up with one, since his repeal and replace plan was big on repeal and non-existent on replace.
He not only had a plan, he acted on it.

• Eliminated the Obamacare individual mandate—a financial relief to low- and middle-income households that made up nearly 80 percent of the families who paid the penalty for not wanting to purchase health insurance
  • Increased choice for consumers by promoting competition in the individual health insurance market leading to lower premiums for three years in a row
  • Under the Trump Administration, more than 90 percent of U.S. counties have multiple options on the individual insurance market to choose from
  • Offered Association Health Plans, which allow employers to pool together and offer more affordable, quality health coverage to their employees at up to 30 percent lower cost
  • Increased availability of short-term, limited-duration health plans, which can cost up to 60 percent less than traditional plans, giving Americans more flexibility to choose plans that suit their needs
  • Expanded Health Reimbursement Arrangements, allowing millions of Americans to be able to shop for a plan of their choice on the individual market and then have their employer cover the cost
  • Added 2,100 new Medicare Advantage plan options since 2017, a 76 percent increase
Issued unprecedented reforms that dramatically lowered the price of prescription drugs

• Lowered drug prices for the first time in 51 years
  • Launched an initiative to stop global freeloading in the drug market
  • Finalized a rule to allow the importation of prescription drugs from Canada
  • Finalized the Most Favored Nation Rule to ensure that pharmaceutical companies offer the same discounts to the United States as they do to other nations, resulting in an estimated $85 billion in savings over seven years—$30 billion in out-of-pocket costs alone
  • Proposed a rule requiring federally funded health centers to pass drug company discounts on insulin and Epi-Pens directly to patients
  • Ended the gag clauses that prevented pharmacists from informing patients about the best prices for the medications they need

The list goes on and on. I just don't want to violate any copyright laws. You can read them yourself.

Last edited:
Getting rid of Obamacare will surely get votes for Trump. It was never popular with anyone I knew. Sounds like Trump will make this a priority.

I seriously don’t think he will get rid of obama care. It’s just a campaign “promise”. He’s not going to throw millions of people off healthcare.

He not only had a plan, he acted on it.

• Eliminated the Obamacare individual mandate—a financial relief to low- and middle-income households that made up nearly 80 percent of the families who paid the penalty for not wanting to purchase health insurance
  • Increased choice for consumers by promoting competition in the individual health insurance market leading to lower premiums for three years in a row
  • Under the Trump Administration, more than 90 percent of U.S. counties have multiple options on the individual insurance market to choose from
  • Offered Association Health Plans, which allow employers to pool together and offer more affordable, quality health coverage to their employees at up to 30 percent lower cost
  • Increased availability of short-term, limited-duration health plans, which can cost up to 60 percent less than traditional plans, giving Americans more flexibility to choose plans that suit their needs
  • Expanded Health Reimbursement Arrangements, allowing millions of Americans to be able to shop for a plan of their choice on the individual market and then have their employer cover the cost
  • Added 2,100 new Medicare Advantage plan options since 2017, a 76 percent increase
Issued unprecedented reforms that dramatically lowered the price of prescription drugs

• Lowered drug prices for the first time in 51 years
  • Launched an initiative to stop global freeloading in the drug market
  • Finalized a rule to allow the importation of prescription drugs from Canada
  • Finalized the Most Favored Nation Rule to ensure that pharmaceutical companies offer the same discounts to the United States as they do to other nations, resulting in an estimated $85 billion in savings over seven years—$30 billion in out-of-pocket costs alone
  • Proposed a rule requiring federally funded health centers to pass drug company discounts on insulin and Epi-Pens directly to patients
  • Ended the gag clauses that prevented pharmacists from informing patients about the best prices for the medications they need

The list goes on and on. I just don't want to violate any copyright laws. You can read them yourself.

Doubtful.

Trump should not even remind voters of his failure with health care. He'll just gets mocked. Who are his campaign advisers?

You must not know anybody.

Forum List

Back