Another warmist changes his mind....

One of the leading UK warmists has begun rethinking his position based on the evidence he is reading...

Tim Yeo: humans may not be to blame for global warming
Humans may not be responsible for global warming, according to Tim Yeo, the MP who oversees government policy on climate change.

"The chairman of the Commons Energy and Climate Change committee said he accepts the earth’s temperature is increasing but said “natural phases” may be to blame.

Such a suggestion sits at odds with the scientific consensus. One recent survey of 12,000 academic papers on climate change found 97 per cent agree human activities are causing the planet to warm.

Mr Yeo, an environment minister under John Major, is one of the Conservative Party’s strongest advocates of radical action to cut carbon emissions. His comments are significant as he was one of the first senior figures to urge the party to take the issue of environmental change seriously.

He insisted such action is “prudent” given the threat climate change poses to living standards worldwide. But, he said, human action is merely a “possible cause”.

Tim Yeo: humans may not be to blame for global warming - Telegraph

Lying by omission? or-----or to lazy to read the entire article?
Westwall C&Ped the part of the article s/he linked to that fit Republican ideology but-----but left out the part that debunks his/her entire hypothesis put forth in the title (Another warmist changes his mind....) of the thread.
See the final paragraph of Westwall's link here ☞Asked about the comments this afternoon, Mr Yeo said: "It is possible there are natural causes as well, but my view has always been that – for twenty years – I have thought the scientific evidence has been very convincing. The strong probability is that it is man-made causes contributing to greenhouse gas concentrations."

And from another article on the same subject...

IOW's ☞ Mr Yeo insisted that his comments had been taken out of context and said he was highly concerned about the impact of man-made carbon emissions. “It is highly probable that human activity has led to a big increase in the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and highly probable that that is changing the climate.”

Westwall should stop lying or-----or do a more thorough job of researching before posting.

LOL......who's not winning?:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Never understood why the environmental hysterical OC's knock themselves out each and every day on the intanets?:up:

They think their posted science crap matters!!!:lmao::funnyface::lmao::funnyface::lmao::funnyface::lmao::funnyface::lmao::funnyface::lmao::funnyface:

BFGrn::

So many flaws in your "fingerprint" screed.. The largest of which is that AGW DEPENDS on the litany of CO2 feedback mechanisms.. Without which -- MAN'S contribution would not be alarming at all in the models. YOUR theory states that man will simply trip the temperature TRIGGER which then creates the doomsday scenario of the calthrates dissolving and tossing even more CO2 into the atmosphere.. Or the slight temp rise actually attributed to man's portion of the 30 GTon of CO2 per year will cause MORE CO2 to be generated when the ocean absorption slows down. ALL of that is NATURAL CO2, most of it has the same ancient signature as the stuff we burn and is INDISTINGUISHABLE from a coal plant.

Now don't you feel stupid?? Because it's gotten warmer, those isotopes of CO2 you find in the atmosphere MAY BE from a coal plant --- OR they could be because methane is NATURALLY thawing at the margins of the Arctic. If all that is true -- we're living on a lemon of planet if 1degC is the tipping point of disaster...

So many flaws in your "fingerprint" screed.. The largest of which is that AGW DEPENDS on the litany of CO2 feedback mechanisms.. Without which -- MAN'S contribution would not be alarming at all in the models. YOUR theory states that man will simply trip the temperature TRIGGER which then creates the doomsday scenario of the calthrates dissolving and tossing even more CO2 into the atmosphere.. Or the slight temp rise actually attributed to man's portion of the 30 GTon of CO2 per year will cause MORE CO2 to be generated when the ocean absorption slows down. ALL of that is NATURAL CO2, most of it has the same ancient signature as the stuff we burn and is INDISTINGUISHABLE from a coal plant.

Now don't you feel stupid?? Because it's gotten warmer, those isotopes of CO2 you find in the atmosphere MAY BE from a coal plant --- OR they could be because methane is NATURALLY thawing at the margins of the Arctic. If all that is true -- we're living on a lemon of planet if 1degC is the tipping point of disaster...

The people who should feel stupid, REALLY stupid are climatologists. I mean the jerks spend all that money and time, putting in years at college studying to get degrees in that science, when all they have to do is come on a board like this. Who needs a degree, just spend a few hours on a BLOG, and you're an expert...

1degC, 10degC, 100degC...the planet could care less. The planet will never be in disaster. It will survive and thrive. Because the planet is not fragile or mortal...WE ARE.

The people who should feel stupid, REALLY stupid are climatologists. I mean the jerks spend all that money and time, putting in years at college studying to get degrees in that science, when all they have to do is come on a board like this. Who needs a degree, just spend a few hours on a BLOG, and you're an expert...

1degC, 10degC, 100degC...the planet could care less. The planet will never be in disaster. It will survive and thrive. Because the planet is not fragile or mortal...WE ARE.

Now don't you go off on climatologists. They are much more in tune with scientific process than psychologists will ever be.. They just have this nasty herd mentality. Especially when the research money is all flowing to the AGW trough.. ((Without all that AGW hysteria, most of their research money would be coming from State Farm and the USDA))

You just have to live with the realization that you've bought into this theory whole hog. That ANY source of heating -- man-made or natural -- of more than a couple degrees will set in motion a series of feedbacks that will CATASTROPHICALLY alter the climate irevocably and violently.. With THOUSANDS of "bad and spooky things" (like meaner mosquitos) harrassing your children and your childrens's children. THAT's what YOU believe. Don't go all hysterical on me for pointing it out...

Now I can't sleep tonight knowing the Earth's Oxygen concentration is reducing due to my driving habits.. See what you've done with your "science"???? You've alarmed me...

Last edited:

Now don't you go off on climatologists. They are much more in tune with scientific process than psychologists will ever be.. They just have this nasty herd mentality. Especially when the research money is all flowing to the AGW trough.. ((Without all that AGW hysteria, most of their research money would be coming from State Farm and the USDA))

You just have to live with the realization that you've bought into this theory whole hog. That ANY source of heating -- man-made or natural -- of more than a couple degrees will set in motion a series of feedbacks that will CATASTROPHICALLY alter the climate irevocably and violently.. With THOUSANDS of "bad and spooky things" (like meaner mosquitos) harrassing your children and your childrens's children. THAT's what YOU believe. Don't go all hysterical on me for pointing it out...

Now I can't sleep tonight knowing the Earth's Oxygen concentration is reducing due to my driving habits.. See what you've done with your "science"???? You've alarmed me...

The whole world is just seething with stupid people, except for YOU. That's because those dumb climatologist sheep spent years at college studying to get degrees in that science. But no one told them that the fountain of climate knowledge are BLOGS. If they had just spent a few hours on a BLOG, they could have bypassed all that book shit, experiments, field studies, the list goes on and on.

Research money is all flowing to the AGW trough? So these climatologists would have nothing to do, or even a job if it weren't for AGW. I didn't know that.

BTW, what would the 'scientists' and 'think tanks' that deny what 97% of the scientists confirm do without all the money from the biggest polluters on the planet that fund their 'science'? Maybe they could just continue what they were originally paid to do...disprove smoking causes cancer. Oh, that's right, the tobacco industry finally admitted smoking causes cancer.

Well I'm sure those big polluters are only interested in the TRUTH. Like they say about money, you can't take it with you...

Forum List

Back