Another vacation for President Bush

Perhaps if Clinton had been paying more attention to intel than interns 9/11 wouldn't have happened.[/QUOTE]

Clinton told the Bush White House that Bin Laden and Al Quada was America's #1 threat They warned them to not take it lightly.....But of course...They wouldn't listen to him and his staff. The Bush people by reflexive action didn't take the Clinton people seriously. They thought they knew it all...and lived to regret it. (If that bunch ever regrets anything).
Richard Clarke was saying the same things...but of course...all they could see was Saddam Hussein. Talk about being blinded.

I know the Bush administration never..never..takes responsibilty for anything. That is their credo.
I see the Bush apologists at this site....fall into line with that same credo.

Beefheart said:
yeah, GunnyL..I'm on a roll. The only roll here is that the past 6 years have rolled by w/o you having a clue of the Bush work ethic.
The fact that you request "facts" to prove Bush has no work ethic says it all.
Don't you read ?...Do I have to do all of your work for you?
I know...you won't find this info out on Hannity and Colmes.

I guess this means "No" to my asking for evidence to support your statement?

The way the game is played is: You make a statement and YOU back it up.

Beefheart said:
Perhaps if Clinton had been paying more attention to intel than interns 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

Clinton told the Bush White House that Bin Laden and Al Quada was America's #1 threat They warned them to not take it lightly.....But of course...They wouldn't listen to him and his staff. The Bush people by reflexive action didn't take the Clinton people seriously. They thought they knew it all...and lived to regret it. (If that bunch ever regrets anything).
Richard Clarke was saying the same things...but of course...all they could see was Saddam Hussein. Talk about being blinded.

I know the Bush administration never..never..takes responsibilty for anything. That is their credo.
I see the Bush apologists at this site....fall into line with that same credo.[/QUOTE]

If Clinton considered bin Laden such a threat, then why did he turn down Sudan's offer to hand him over to us?

You ARE proving one thing via the evidence of your posts ...... your ignorance of the intel community is pretty high. The US receives hundreds of threats daily. Which one do you choose?

Beefheart said:
Perhaps if Clinton had been paying more attention to intel than interns 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

I see the Bush apologists at this site....fall into line with that same credo.[/QUOTE]

The fact is (summed up by Rich Lowry) that: "Sudan offered to give bin Laden to Saudi Arabia, which would have meant his demise. But the U.S. didn't push the Saudis to accept, so bin Laden went to Afghanistan instead, giving him the safe sanctuary that would be crucial to his 9/11 plot."

And ABC News even reported that Janet Reno too turned down the 911 mastermind (my emphasis):

"Federal agents seeking bin Laden had developed a plan to have a plane fly in and attack a compound in Kandahar, Afghanistan, where the terror leader was believed to have been holed up back in 1998 — three years before the devastating attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. But when the plan went up the chain of command for approval, it was killed by then-Attorney General Janet Reno. 'They came to the decision that this plan was probably too dangerous, that the loss of life on the ground would have been significant,' (former FBI agent Jack) Cloonan said. 'There was concern that people around the bin Laden compound would be killed.'"

Much like the O'Reilly-Levittown claim, this argument is so easily proven false by just opening your eyes on the topic that it is ridiculous.

And you can't honestly address the Sudan controversy without dealing with the fact that and with the fact that Clinton has been taped after his presidency saying, "I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him." Franken, of course, doesn't deal with either.

Couldn't legally obtain bin Laden?...WTF?

Clinton himself is on record confirming this offer from the Sudanese existed. The administration even asked the FBI to consider whether bin Laden could be brought to the U.S. (the FBI said no, because he hadn't been indicted and ----well, why am I telling you this? Just listen to Clinton himself-- At a February 2002 business luncheon in New York, Clinton said this:

"Mr. Bin Laden used to live in Sudan ... And we’d been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, '96, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America."

...... that there was just no possible way that Clinton could have ever actually obtained bin Laden. Course, that would only prove the legitimacy of the conservative argument that we shouldn't deal with international terrorists through the legal system. They aren't criminals; they're enemy combatants. From the beginning of the war on terror, conservatives had been asking why mess with a grand jury when you could use a military tribunal? Clinton not taking custody of bin Laden from the Sudanese because of a perceived lack of legal evidence to hold him is the ultimate case in point argument for conservatives on this issue. Another downfall of indicting terrorists in a grand jury is that the information revealed there is sealed. You can't use it to "connect the dots."

Information used in the first WTC bombing trial helped Al-Qaeda hide it's tracks (or "dots") when planning 9/11. This exposes the folly of the law the Democratic Congress passed banning the FBI and CIA from sharing information, because the FBI couldn't tell the CIA what they knew about bin Laden. The Clinton administration's grand jury procedure made it impossible for agencies to share information from things like the plot to blow up those airliners over the Pacific in the mid-90s. Al's friend Rush Limbaugh "Never forget this, folks: the Clinton administration - and in some cases Clinton personally - chose to let bin Laden roam free." It's sad but true. It's been reported that Clinton has confided that this failure "was the greatest mistake of my presidency"

----

You state: "Clinton told the White House that OBL was America's 1st threat. He warned them not to take it lightly. "

If he had only paid attention to his own words.

GunnyL said:
I guess this means "No" to my asking for evidence to support your statement?

The way the game is played is: You make a statement and YOU back it up.

Bush's frequent naps and early to bed is legendary. There is much talk around Washington that I've read, that Bush is not a hard working president.

Do you need the times and dates of Bush's naps ?

Just his general ignorance on world facts, that he has demonstrated time and time again, points to a person not working very hard.
How about Bush's own admission that he rarely reads the newspapers ?
LOL
There have been many books written about Bush and his predilection for not being an inquisitive and knowledgeable person.

You are obviously a person who loves to play ostrich when it comes to Bush's failures and weaknesses...and nothing will changed a closed mind. Sorry.

Beefheart said:
Bush's frequent naps and early to bed is legendary. There is much talk around Washington that I've read, that Bush is not a hard working president. What have you read? Who is "much talk?"

Do you need the times and dates of Bush's naps ? No, but something you can link us to that indicated this would be nice.

Just his general ignorance on world facts, that he has demonstrated time and time again, points to a person not working very hard.
LOL
There have been many books written about Bush and his predilection for not being an inquisitive and knowledgeable person. I only read the Sunday paper - get my news from the Internet and TV. Does that mean I"m ignorant to what is going on? Again, "many books"....should be easy to provide two or three.

You are obviously a person who loves to play ostrich when it comes to Bush's failures and weaknesses...and nothing will changed a closed mind. Sorry.

Not playing ostrich, with you or anyone. I would just like something more than..."well, we all know..."....and...."I heard that..."

I mean come on, people say they see Bigfoot and UFOs all the time; does that mean it's true just because someone says it but has no proof?

Hey Got Zoom!
Got a memory?

Do you remember Bush's pledge to get Bin Laden" Dead or Alive"?
How's that working out...4 years later.

How come you never hilight the Bush failures?

You are not a Bush apologist are you?

It's always Democrats Democrats...never the Republican controlled Congress you harp about.

The GOP is in control of the executive and legislative branches of government. The country is in a sorry state...yet I never hear you bitching about the people in charge.

Wonder why.

Beefheart said:
Hey Got Zoom!
Got a memory?

It's always Democrats Democrats...never the Republican controlled Congress you harp about.

The GOP is in control of the executive and legislative branches of government. The country is in a sorry state...yet I never hear you bitching about the people in charge.

Wonder why.

Unemployment is down, crime is generally down, the real estate market is hot. Why is the country in a sorry state? You wouldn't be one of those doom and gloom libs, would you? Here, have a beer, and cheer up! :beer:

Beefheart said:
Hey Got Zoom!
Got a memory?

Wonder why.

Who pee'd in your Wheaties this morning? I know it wasn't me.

To answer your questions...AGAIN....: Yes, I am pro-Bush. Yes, I am partisan. Glad you didn't need a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Are you assuming that we don't have people out there still looking for OBL?

I would say that the country isn't doing as well as it was during the .com boom; however I wouldn't say that we are in a "sorry state."

And..like I said before, give me an example of a Republican doing something wrong or doing a crappy job, that I agree with, and I will tell you .

Beefheart said:
Bush's frequent naps and early to bed is legendary. There is much talk around Washington that I've read, that Bush is not a hard working president.

Do you need the times and dates of Bush's naps ?

Going to bed early and taking naps is indicative of a lazy work ethic?

LOL

His alleged ignorance on world facts is merely your opinion. And why should he read the newpaper when he has arguably the best intelligence resources available to him? What would be the point to reading mostly anti-Bush propaganda if you're Bush?

There have been many books written about Bush and his predilection for not being an inquisitive and knowledgeable person.

How am I playing ostrich by questioning your opinions supported only by obviously partisan assumptions? Appearing busy and being busy are NOT mutually inclusive.

Please try to not confuse me with yourself. It is a sign of arrogance to attribute one's own thought process to everyone else. I disagree with more than a few of Bush's policies and have been quite willing to voice my opinion on them.

Beefheart said:
No...most presidents aren't ever really on vacation. But Bush is usually on vacation even when he's in the White House.
Cmon....we all know Bush has the worst work ethic of any president in memory.
He will not go down in history as being one of our hardest working presidents.

Reagan was on vacation due to Alzheimer's. It never ceases to amaze me his hero worshippers who think that is was "brave" "heroic" and so on that he continued his presidency although he was afflicted by it. And the people around him who enabled an Alzheimer's victim to stay in office-disgraceful. That was a dangerous chapter in the American presidency.

Abbey Normal said:
Unemployment is down, crime is generally down, the real estate market is hot. Why is the country in a sorry state? You wouldn't be one of those doom and gloom libs, would you? Here, have a beer, and cheer up! :beer:

the real estate market...by all accounts as reported by the top economists... the real estate market is about ready to collapse...some 50% on value...over inflated investments have done the market in!
reported yesterday on yahoo news!

"Bush runs an average of three miles, four times a week, and "also routinely cross-trains with swimming, free weights and an elliptical trainer." He reportedly runs a mile in 7 to 8 minutes. His physicians classified him in the top 2% of men his age for cardiovascular fitness. He went 26 minutes on a treadmill test (protocol unnamed), attaining a heart rate of 178 beats per minute [28]. Bush's resting heart rate was 43 beats/minute, and his blood pressure 118/74 mmHg. His total cholesterol level was 170 mg/dl [4].
As of November 2003 he could lift as much as 215 pounds, but due to a torn meniscus he has decreased his running, with a consequent increase in his per-mile time from 7 minutes to 9 minutes..."

He doesn't sound too lazy to me...

Beefheart said:
Hey Got Zoom!
Got a memory?

Let's me and you go out into the Mojave desert and YOU find ME. Bet I can keep you running ragged for years.

Not seeing fantasy failures is being an apologist?

The GOP has a majority in Congress. The DNC still has enough numbers to obstruct, and they pretty-much have at every turn.
Wonder why.

What's he supposed to bitch about?

archangel said:
the real estate market...by all accounts as reported by the top economists... the real estate market is about ready to collapse...some 50% on value...over inflated investments have done the market in!
reported yesterday on yahoo news!

Yes this may happen, reportedly as a result of it's being so hot for so long... under this Admin. I maintain that the country is decidely not in a sorry state. :)

Beefheart said:
The deficit is still beyond belief. The insurgency in Iraq is getting stronger. Gas is at all time high prices. The administration is still stalling with information requested by T. Kean for the 9/11 Commisssion...and on and on and on it goes.
And President Bush is taking his usual 5 week vacation

No apolgies just facts...

Hiring news boosts consumer confidence

Survey: stock market gains, better hiring conditions offset drag created by record gasoline prices.
July 15, 2005: 10:05 AM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Consumer sentiment improved in early July as gains in the stock market and better hiring conditions offset the drag from record gasoline prices, a report said Friday.

The University of Michigan said its measure of confidence inched up to 96.5 so far this month from 96.0 in June, according to market sources who saw the subscription-only report. Analysts had been looking for a dip to 95.0.

The survey's expectations component eased to 112.0 from 113.2, while perceptions of current conditions ticked up to 86.6 from 85.0.

Consumer spending accounts for two-thirds of overall U.S. economic activity, and any improvement in confidence is seen as a possible precursor to stronger growth.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/15/news/economy/consumer_sentiment.reut/ - Cached

The incredible shrinking deficit
Jack Kemp (archive)

July 19, 2004

Liberals are beside themselves. The so-called "structural" deficits that Paul Krugman and other left-wing economists have been fretting about are evaporating before their very eyes as a result of the Bush tax-rate reductions, which have ushered in a robust economic expansion. According to new data, the 2004 deficit will be slightly more than $400 billion this year, nearly $100 billion below estimates from earlier this year. That's what happens when you plug into the supply side of the economy.

Around the world there has been considerable hand-wringing over burgeoning budget deficits, especially during the last few years of slow economic growth. I have always maintained that we can grow our way out of deficits if we simply slow the growth of spending and lower tax rates to get the economy moving again. What is surprising is how quickly we forget the lessons of history, personal experience and common sense.

When Ronald Reagan passed across-the-board tax-rate reductions in 1981, Keynesian economists, including a few notable Nobel laureates, predicted "the engines of economic growth have shut down here, and they are likely to stay that way for years to come." These same economists, including many who were advising President Reagan, predicted rising deficits would lead to runaway inflation. They either forgot or never learned that inflation is here and everywhere a monetary phenomenon.

As a result of sound monetary policy and incentive-based tax-rate reductions, the engines of growth surged forward: Inflation dropped into the low single digits, unemployment dropped continuously, GDP doubled and tax revenues skyrocketed. We are seeing it happen again in the United States.
more
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jackkemp/jk20040719.shtml

Clinton's vacation is over
By Lawrence L. Knutson, Associated Press writer
EDGARTOWN -- Ending the longest vacation of his presidency, a family time far from the tumult of the capital, President Clinton can look back on weeks of rest and golf and the unexpected task of leading the nation's mourning for two of the world's most famous women.
As in all Clinton outings, the staple was golf, golf and more golf.

Clinton had one public event, a back-to-school session at Oak Bluffs Elementary School that he used to try to build support for the proposed performance testing he seeks for fourth- and eighth-graders to gauge new educational standards in reading and math.
The Clintons were enjoying a clambake on the beach a week ago Saturday night when rumors, increasing like a rapidly rising tide, began to spread that Princess Diana and her friend, Dodi Fayed, had been seriously hurt in a car crash in Paris.
Clinton was on the golf course on Friday, nearly a week later, when word came of the death of 87-year-old Mother Teresa.
The first lady flew to London to represent the nation at Diana's funeral.
And Clinton used his weekly radio address to link the lives of two apparently disparate people, an elegant princess and a selfless nun.
"Each of them in her own way has shown what it is to live a life of meaning through concern for others," the president said.
With his wife in London, Clinton took their 17-year-old daughter, Chelsea, out on the town Friday evening and again yesterday morning.
Clinton has said repeatedly that the vacation had special meaning for him because it is the last family vacation before Chelsea enrolls on "her educational adventure" as a freshman at Stanford University in California.
Father and daughter played 18 holes of miniature golf Friday night, then dined together in an Edgartown restaurant. They had lunch yesterday in Vineyard Haven, then shopped for souvenirs and gifts for friends.
The local newspaper, the Vineyard Gazette, editorialized that Clinton was leaving "clearly looking more relaxed and refreshed than when he first arrived three weeks ago."
And Clinton's own summing up was to the point.
"Wish it went on another three weeks," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo by The Associated Press
Concluding their three week vacation on Martha's Vineyard, President Clinton and daughter Chelsea visit The Black Dog restaurant and souvenir shop in Vineyard Haven yesterday .Clinton has said repeatedly that the vacation had special meaning for him because it is the last family vacation before Chelsea enrolls on "her educational adventure" as a freshman at Stanford University in California.

http://www.s-t.com/daily/09-97/09-07-97/b08sr096.htm

Abbey Normal said:
Yes this may happen, reportedly as a result of it's being so hot for so long... under this Admin. I maintain that the country is decidely not in a sorry state. :)

the market was only "Hot" do to artificial values placed upon actual value...so investors could make a killing at the expense of the normal family tradition of owning their own home...greed killed the market! I for one am really glad to see this demise of greed!

Bonnie said:
Beefheart said:

No apolgies just facts...

Hiring news boosts consumer confidence

Survey: stock market gains, better hiring conditions offset drag created by record gasoline prices.
July 15, 2005: 10:05 AM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/15/news/economy/consumer_sentiment.reut/ - Cached

The incredible shrinking deficit
Jack Kemp (archive)

July 19, 2004

more
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/jackkemp/jk20040719.shtml

http://www.s-t.com/daily/09-97/09-07-97/b08sr096.htm

Careful....Beefy will say Clinton's vacation was only three weeks compared to what Bush is taking.

Of course, maybe 3 weeks was all he could take being away from his "friends."

GotZoom said:
Bonnie said:
Careful....Beefy will say Clinton's vacation was only three weeks compared to what Bush is taking.

Of course, maybe 3 weeks was all he could take being away from his "friends."

Well Beefy will also conveniently forget the blowjobs Clinton was getting in the Oval office while our soldiers were getting dragged thru the streets of Mogadeshu by peasants with guns.

Hmm does sex at the whitehouse with fat interns during working hours qualify as vacation time??

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - As Americans question his Iraq policy, President Bush crowed about the strength of the U.S. economy on Saturday and credited his hotly debated tax cuts for the growth.

Bush was upbeat in his weekly radio address a day after the Labor Department reported the U.S. economy added 207,000 jobs last month, a stronger-than-expected gain.

"Recent economic reports show that our economy is growing faster than any other major industrialized nation," he said from his ranch in central Texas.

The bright economic news was in contrast to the Iraq war, where at least 27 U.S. troops were killed in the past week. A CBS News poll on Wednesday said 55 percent of Americans did not approve of the way Bush was handling the Iraq war, compared with 41 percent who approved.

A group called Gold Star Families for Peace, relatives of soldiers who have died in Iraq and other wars, plans to protest in tiny Crawford on Saturday, demanding Bush withdraw U.S. troops.

In his radio address, Bush renewed his call for making permanent the tax cuts he pushed through Congress in his first term. Democrats believe the tax cuts have done little more than drain the U.S. budget and even some Republicans doubt the wisdom of extending them.

"The tax relief stimulated economic vitality and growth and it has helped increase revenues to the Treasury," Bush said, adding later, "We need to make the tax relief permanent."

Bush spoke at the end of the first week of his 33-day working vacation. He has a busy week ahead of him.

On Monday, he goes to New Mexico to sign a $14.5 billion energy bill and on Wednesday he visits Illinois to put his signature to a $286 billion highway bill.

At the ranch on Tuesday, he will meet his economic team and on Thursday will play host to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news...0100002809255&dt=20050806101000&w=RTR&coview=
---

Yes...we're in a sorry state and President Bush is just laying around drinking little foo-foo drinks with umbrellas in them.

Forum List

Back