Another vacation for President Bush

B

Beefheart

The deficit is still beyond belief. The insurgency in Iraq is getting stronger. Gas is at all time high prices. The administration is still stalling with information requested by T. Kean for the 9/11 Commisssion...and on and on and on it goes.
And President Bush is taking his usual 5 week vacation.

I know most of you ( like Got Zoom and our esteemed moderator) are supreme apologists for the Administration, but doesn't this strike you a bit strange ?

Also...I wonder if that mother who is camping out in Crawford TX who's son died in the Iraq war, is going to get Bush to talk with her. She has vowed to camp out on his road until she gets to speak with him.
Next scheduled time Bush is to leave the ranch by car...is to go to a fund raising dinner.
Ya think he'll make time for a grieving mother or just pass her to get to the dinner with the fat cats ?

Beefheart said:
The deficit is still beyond belief. The insurgency in Iraq is getting stronger. Gas is at all time high prices. The administration is still stalling with information requested by T. Kean for the 9/11 Commisssion...and on and on and on it goes.

I know most of you ( like Got Zoom and our esteemed moderator) are supreme apologists for the Administration, but doesn't this strike you a bit strange ?

Ummm......no?

Also...I wonder if that mother who is camping out in Crawford TX who's son died in the Iraq war, is going to get Bush to talk with her. She has vowed to camp out on his road until she gets to speak with him.
Next scheduled time Bush is to leave the ranch by car...is to go to a fund raising dinner.
Ya think he'll make time for a grieving mother or just pass her to get to the dinner with the fat cats ?

I don't know. Is camping on a public road and obstructing traffic the appropriate way in which one gets an audience with the President of the US?

Beefheart said:

I don't know if he will meet her AGAIN....yes...AGAIN...they met before..and she had an entirely different opinion:

-----

The mother of a fallen U.S. soldier who is holding a roadside peace vigil near President Bush's ranch -- has dramatically changed her account about what happened when she met the commander-in-chief last summer!

Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who last year praised Bush for bringing her family the "gift of happiness," took to the nation's TV outlets this weekend to declare how Bush "killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity."

CINDY 2004

THE REPORTER of Vacaville, CA published an account of Cindy Sheehan's visit with the president at Fort Lewis near Seattle on June 24, 2004:

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

"The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

"For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"'That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together,' Cindy said."

CINDY 2005

Sheehan's current comments are a striking departure.

She vowed on Sunday to continue her protest until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son?"

In an interview on CNN, she claimed Bush "acted like it was party" when she met him last year.

"It was -- you know, there was a lot of things said. We wanted to use the time for him to know that he killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity. And we wanted him to look at the pictures of Casey.

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, 'So who are we honoring here?' He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him 'him' or 'he.' He called him 'your loved one.'

Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.

BLITZER: Like a party? I mean...

SHEEHAN: Yes, he came in very jovial, and like we should be happy that he, our son, died for his misguided policies. He didn't even pretend like somebody...

END

On her current media tour, Sheehan has not been asked to explain her twist on Bush; from praise to damnation!

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm

---

Considering he is receiving daily briefings on countless subjects, stays in touch with his staff, etc....no, it doesn't strike me odd that he is in Texas.

I do alot of work out of my office: in my car, at home, even on vacation.

The mother is not obstructing traffic. And it's a dirt road...and isn't that a typical response I would expect from this group.

Do you honestly think a President is ever really on vacation? He is constantly in touch with his advisors, etc., has meetings, and thanks to technology, is ready on a moment's notice to handle anything that comes up. Yes, it is a long vacation, but your favorite Dem congressmen are off for a month as well. And I am sure there are no problems they could be addressing right now...

Beefheart said:
The mother is not obstructing traffic. And it's a dirt road...and isn't that a typical response I would expect from this group.

Typical resonse? You mean your not addressing the REAL point to my statement?

No one is GURANTEED an audience with the President. There are appropriate administrative guidelines for the redress of grievances. I don't recall stalking being one of them.

No...most presidents aren't ever really on vacation. But Bush is usually on vacation even when he's in the White House.
Cmon....we all know Bush has the worst work ethic of any president in memory.
He will not go down in history as being one of our hardest working presidents.

Beefheart said:
No...most presidents aren't ever really on vacation. But Bush is usually on vacation even when he's in the White House.

Of course you have some form of evidence besides your opinion to support your statement?

Thanks for a good laugh. You obviously haven't been paying much attention the past 6 years to Bush's work ethic.
Thanks again.

That means he's a good delegator. :)

cwln317l.jpg

Beefheart said:

The president of the company I work for comes into the office average maybe 1 day a week. Rest of the time he is doing what he wants to; he calls, checks in, we call him etc.

Our company made over 8 figures last year.

as zoom already stated she had a meeting with the President and was satisfied until the media prodded her into joining the protest...While I have sympathy for her loss..her son is the one who volunteered and put on the uniform...dead is dead whether a traffic accident or in combat...so for her to go on about the President "Killing" her son is ludicrous to say the least! What do people think the military does anyway...whether you believe this is or is not a justified war is irrelevant...if one dies in what one believes is a justified war...well the person is still dead...what does she expect the President to say anyway...she would do her son more justice by going home and remembering all the good and fun things they shared...it was his choice to serve and he took the risk and payed the ultimate price...

Beefheart said:
Thanks for a good laugh. You obviously haven't been paying much attention the past 6 years to Bush's work ethic.
Thanks again.

This of course would be your "evidence"?

Well, that's two direct questions ignored via deflection ...... you're on a roll!!!

Dude, what did you expect? A working president?

I'm glad your company did 8 figures last year.
How is the US doing with Bush at the helm?
You see, you missed my point.

With the problems this country has...and many of them created by Bush, a vacation and the appearance of a vacation, especially for 5 weeks....is not what this country needs right now.

Remember the 5 weeker Bush took in 2001?
Ya think if maybe he was a little more on the job...that maybe the events of the next months might not have happened.
I can hear the Bush apologists already.............

Beefheart said:

You haven't made one yet. I AM hopeful though that you will stop tapdancing and make one.

With the problems this country has...and many of them created by Bush, a vacation and the appearance of a vacation, especially for 5 weeks....is not what this country needs right now.

Ya think if maybe he was a little more on the job...that maybe the events of the next months might not have happened.

Whatiffery unsupported by anything but a twisted, one-sided view of history and Monday morning QB-ing. 9/11 was in the works for YEARS. Perhaps if Clinton had been paying more attention to intel than interns 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

yeah, GunnyL..I'm on a roll. The only roll here is that the past 6 years have rolled by w/o you having a clue of the Bush work ethic.
The fact that you request "facts" to prove Bush has no work ethic says it all.
Don't you read ?...Do I have to do all of your work for you?
I know...you won't find this info out on Hannity and Colmes.

GunnyL said:
Whatiffery unsupported by anything but a twisted, one-sided view of history and Monday morning QB-ing. 9/11 was in the works for YEARS. Perhaps if Clinton had been paying more attention to intel than interns 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beefheart said:

Educated people know he's not sitting on his tush doing nothing.

And to suggest that 9/11 would not have happened if President Bush was sitting in the White House instead of Texas is just idiotic.

GunnyL said:

Let's dont forget, Clinton was handed OBL on a silver platter but was more worried about his next "encounter" to take him.

Forum List

Back