Another Traitor Confirmed

So, what do you think the crimes were that she was too cowardly to elaborate on?
Ms. Power wrote that the United States needs "a historical reckoning with crimes committed, sponsored, or permitted by the United States."​

I think it's a bit arrogant to assume that we, as a nation, have never made mistakes in terms of who we support. We used to be friends with Saddam Hussein in the 1980s (there's a picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with him). How about the dictatorial Shah of Iran in the 60s and 70s (there's a picture of JFK and his wife with Shah Pahlavi and his wife at a party). Or, the CIA-sponsored coup of the Iranian government in the early 1950s... the list goes on. Listen, I'm not an "America is always wrong guy", but there is nothing wrong with acknowledging mistakes. Look at Great Britain. They've recently decided to pay reparations to Kenyans who were the victim of British colonialism over a century ago.

I would tend to agree with those examples as mistakes...and so would most Americans.

Mistakes, not crimes.

So, the question remains, if those were the "crimes" she was refering to, why didn't she acknowledge them?

Pretty cowardly if you asked me...

Unless those were not the "crimes" she had in mind...which I find much more likely.

I am not sure to which crimes she is referring, as I am not a mind reader. For someone like Power, almost anything even remotely questionable would probably be considered a crime. I don't think she was too cowardly or was trying to hide anything, she just didn't address it at that particular moment. However, I would definitely love to sit down with her and hear specifics about her world view.

I think it's a bit arrogant to assume that we, as a nation, have never made mistakes in terms of who we support. We used to be friends with Saddam Hussein in the 1980s (there's a picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with him). How about the dictatorial Shah of Iran in the 60s and 70s (there's a picture of JFK and his wife with Shah Pahlavi and his wife at a party). Or, the CIA-sponsored coup of the Iranian government in the early 1950s... the list goes on. Listen, I'm not an "America is always wrong guy", but there is nothing wrong with acknowledging mistakes. Look at Great Britain. They've recently decided to pay reparations to Kenyans who were the victim of British colonialism over a century ago.

I would tend to agree with those examples as mistakes...and so would most Americans.

Mistakes, not crimes.

So, the question remains, if those were the "crimes" she was refering to, why didn't she acknowledge them?

Unless those were not the "crimes" she had in mind...which I find much more likely.

I am not sure to which crimes she is referring, as I am not a mind reader. For someone like Power, almost anything even remotely questionable would probably be considered a crime. I don't think she was too cowardly or was trying to hide anything, she just didn't address it at that particular moment. However, I would definitely love to sit down with her and hear specifics about her world view.

I'm pretty sure they asked her three times to elaborate during her confirmation...each time she deflected.

If she believes America has committed crimes, and she makes that point in a public venue, then when asked about it, she obfuscates repeatedly...that's both cowardly AND trying to hide something, IMO.

What other explanation can you advance?

Mistakes, not crimes.

I'm pretty sure they asked her three times to elaborate during her confirmation...each time she deflected.

If she believes America has committed crimes, and she makes that point in a public venue, then when asked about it, she obfuscates repeatedly...that's both cowardly AND trying to hide something, IMO.

What other explanation can you advance?

I don't want to give you the wrong impression here. I could care less about Samantha Power, and did not watch any footage of her that you are referring to. Thus, I was simply speculating. You're right that she should elaborate on what "crimes" she is referring to.

Last edited:
In old England the word traitor was used by the Tories as today's Republicans use the word communist. In any case our framers took some pains when writing the Constitution to spell out in some detail what treason was. The Court has added to the definition, but we still use the word to denote someone we dislike.

In old England the word traitor was used by the Tories as today's Republicans use the word communist. In any case our framers took some pains when writing the Constitution to spell out in some detail what treason was. The Court has added to the definition, but we still use the word to denote someone we dislike.

It's a trigger word, anymore.

Forum List

Back