Another Terrorist Turns Out Not To Have Superpowers

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
In federal court in Manhattan Tuesday morning, Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad was sentenced to life in prison. Like every other one of the over 350 terrorists in US prisons, Shahzad, in the end, turned out not to have superpowers. Like Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, who went on trial in New York this week, he had neither super-strength nor X-ray vision. The federal prison system was completely capable of holding him. The FBI was completely capable of interrogating him without turning to waterboarding or stress positions or beating the crap out of him. He sang like a bird. And the federal court system was completely capable of sending his sorry ass to prison, where he belongs.

Another Terrorist Turns Out Not To Have Superpowers | Mother Jones

So essentially you are saying you don't understand the fundamental differences in being arrested by lawa enforcement in the US and in being apprehended by the military in a combat zone?

So essentially you are saying you don't understand the fundamental differences in being arrested by lawa enforcement in the US and in being apprehended by the military in a combat zone?

Nope.

And neither does the US Constitution.

Nope.

Really? Can you show me the section of the COTUS which discusses terrorists or enemy combatants?

It's like you put forth an effort to see how stupid you can be.

ohh...do i get to spank you twice in one night? ...:woohoo:

:)

there is a reason they are being held in a military prison.... the rules are different.

In federal court in Manhattan Tuesday morning, Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad was sentenced to life in prison. Like every other one of the over 350 terrorists in US prisons, Shahzad, in the end, turned out not to have superpowers. Like Ahmed Khalfan Ghailani, who went on trial in New York this week, he had neither super-strength nor X-ray vision. The federal prison system was completely capable of holding him. The FBI was completely capable of interrogating him without turning to waterboarding or stress positions or beating the crap out of him. He sang like a bird. And the federal court system was completely capable of sending his sorry ass to prison, where he belongs.

Good old Mother Jones.

I guess this proves that Obama and Holder's decision to ignore the Military Tribunals that were set up by the Democrat led Congress. Ever wonder why Congress approved those things 3 different times? Maybe it was because of this.

Ghailani Embassy-Bombing Trial Delayed After Witness Barred - WSJ.com

Woops.

That might not be a super power, but it certainly makes for a bad precedent that the very first show trial Holder set up is going down the tubes so fast.

Last edited:
http://motherjones.com/mojo/2010/10/another-terrorist-turns-out-not-have-superpowers

I saw some of the news reporting about his trial.

If I was given a gun and full immunity and was told that I could shoot him if I wanted to, I would look right into his eyes as I pulled the trigger.

If I was given a knife, I would plunge it into his chest.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2010/10/another-terrorist-turns-out-not-have-superpowers

I saw some of the news reporting about his trial.

If I was given a gun and full immunity and was told that I could shoot him if I wanted to, I would look right into his eyes as I pulled the trigger.

If I was given a knife, I would plunge it into his chest.

ill take the same deal and fight you for the privilege... :).

It's like you put forth an effort to see how stupid you can be.

ohh...do i get to spank you twice in one night? ...:woohoo:

:)

there is a reason they are being held in a military prison.... the rules are different.

Because we invaded their country and abducted them at random without ever accusing them of anything.

Reminds me of someone...

125px-Emblema_Stasi.svg.png

or maybe

100px-KGB_Symbol.png

Good old Mother Jones.

I guess this proves that Obama and Holder's decision to ignore the Military Tribunals that were set up by the Democrat led Congress. Ever wonder why Congress approved those things 3 different times? Maybe it was because of this.

Woops.

That might not be a super power, but it certainly makes for a bad precedent that the very first show trial Holder set up is going down the tubes so fast.
Bad precedent? How many terrorists have the courts put away? The tribunals?

Nope.

SCOTUS thinks it does, maybe you should write to them and straighten them out.
SCOTUS also thinks Americans surrendered the right to self-determination and self-governance.

Good old Mother Jones.

Woops.

Bad precedent? How many terrorists have the courts put away? The tribunals?

The courts?

None, they put away criminals. That is what they have always done, and always will do.

The tribunals?

How may people are in Guantanamo? Because, like it or not, even if anyone in Guantanamo is found not guilty they are not going to get out. So why try them at all? Probably because it is nothing more than a political stunt.

I don't know about you, but I frown on political stunts. Is Obama so insecure that he has to use stunts to get votes?

The courts?

None, they put away criminals. That is what they have always done, and always will do.

Fail.

Terrorists aren't criminals?
The tribunals?

How may people are in Guantanamo? Because, like it or not, even if anyone in Guantanamo is found not guilty they are not going to get out.
Awesome. So we take people prisoner and never free them even if it's proven they've done nothing wrong?

WE'RE THE GESTAPO! FUCK YEAH! GO AMERICA!

nazi-us-flag.jpg

wwwcorbiscoinzoomphpima.png

SCOTUS thinks it does, maybe you should write to them and straighten them out.
SCOTUS also thinks Americans surrendered the right to self-determination and self-governance.

They do? What case, or cases, decided that?
Fail.

Moron.

It's been covered a million times on these boards. If you knew shit about the subject, you'd know about the precedents set in the FF's time regarding interposition compared to more recent decisions and the decision involving Texas where they ruled that we're all slaves with no right to leave the Union.

Forum List

Back