Another Republican involved in a sex scandal. Elliot Spitzer.

I only point out that you made a false statement. I offer no support for Spitzer whatsoever.

I understand the difference between consensual sex and buying sex.

Yet Larkinn does not and of course since you NEVER chastise a fellow Liberal you will have nothing to say to him either, right? Just to me basicly supporting Larkinn even though you claim your able to see the difference?

Yet Larkinn does not and of course since you NEVER chastise a fellow Liberal you will have nothing to say to him either, right? Just to me basicly supporting Larkinn even though you claim your able to see the difference?

I don't?

Yes he did. He violated laws against soliciting prostitutes, he did NOT steal the money, NOR did he acquire the money illegally.

Stop trying to pin your retardation on other people.

It's totally unnerving that an attorney and one supposedly studying law would say the following things….but I guess liberalism truly rots the mind…

jillian said:
Why should he? Big deal, he went to a hooker...so what. It's not like he's spent his career on a crusade against prostitution.

Larkinn said:
I don't really see this as hypocrisy. He railed against corruption, and rightly so. Is visiting a prostitute corrupt? Unless he was using public money (a possibility it seems, considering how expensive they were), its just illegal and depending on your view, immoral.

As a governor and an attorney general did not Spitzer swear to uphold the law? Of course he did.

Engaging in prostitution is BREAKING THE LAW.

Forget the hypocrisy.

Forget the destruction to his family.

Forget his lack of moral character.

HE FUCKING BROKE THE LAW.

He's unfit for office.

If the legal minds of this country cannot even grasp that concept…..God help us…

I didn't think he had stolen any money. You said he had. I asked you about it. I have not come to Spitzer's defense, nor will I...other than to defend him against accusations of crimes he did not commit. He didn't murder anyone either.....

As a prosecutor? I'm sure the organized crime bureau prosecuted a lot of things. But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about gays and pedophiles who engage in the very behavior that they use to get votes from people. Plus, I couldn't confirm that with any reputable cite. Wouldn't shock me, though.

Doesn't matter in any event, I just read that CBS and Fox are reporting he's going to resign tonight...

Now, that REALLY sucks... Patterson as governor of NY?? This is not going to be good.

That would be Spitzer to a T.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/spitzer_the_money_trail_8

The thing that sucks the most about this is that, whatever his flaws, Spitzer did want to clean up corruption in NY and had done a good job as AG. Now? No chance of that happening.

I don't really see this as hypocrisy. He railed against corruption, and rightly so. Is visiting a prostitute corrupt? Unless he was using public money (a possibility it seems, considering how expensive they were), its just illegal and depending on your view, immoral.

Oh, and congrats on not knowing the party of Eliot Spitzer :rolleyes:

No, he very specifically railed against prostitution.

Jeez, I thought you were innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. There are so many dumb old laws on the books I'm sure we could incarcerate most of the American citizenry if we looked closely at their behavior. Prostitution is even legal in Nevada. Spitzer can fight it out if he likes that is his prerogative. But in the seriousness of immoral behavior, starting a war that is killing men and woman and children, on made up reasons, is the real crime, even with the fear after 911, that blinded the good sense of most.

http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~ulrich/femhist/sex_work.shtml

Jeez, I thought you were innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. There are so many dumb old laws on the books I'm sure we could incarcerate most of the American citizenry if we looked closely at their behavior. Prostitution is even legal in Nevada. Spitzer can fight it out if he likes that is his prerogative. But in the seriousness of immoral behavior, starting a war that is killing men and woman and children, on made up reasons, is the real crime, even with the fear after 911, that blinded the good sense of most.

First he hasn't denied it, which he's had some time to do. And it isn't the prostitution thing as much as it is the shear hypocrisy.

It's totally unnerving that an attorney and one supposedly studying law would say the following things….but I guess liberalism truly rots the mind…

As a governor and an attorney general did not Spitzer swear to uphold the law? Of course he did.

Engaging in prostitution is BREAKING THE LAW.

Forget the hypocrisy.

Forget the destruction to his family.

Forget his lack of moral character.

HE FUCKING BROKE THE LAW.

He's unfit for office.

If the legal minds of this country cannot even grasp that concept…..God help us…

K...we'll throw everyone out of office who has ever broken the law. Got a parking ticket? Your out. Speed? Your out. Used Cocaine when you were a kid? Your out. DUI? Your out.

So when will you be calling for Bush's resignation?

K...we'll throw everyone out of office who has ever broken the law. Got a parking ticket? Your out. Speed? Your out. Used Cocaine when you were a kid? Your out. DUI? Your out.

So when will you be calling for Bush's resignation?

Usual deflection, first you do not have proof he used Cocaine and second no one claims he did it while IN office. I love how people like you have 2 standards, one for people you support and a totally different on for everyone else.

So what was your position again on Craig? On Trent Lott? On Foley?

Usual deflection, first you do not have proof he used Cocaine and second no one claims he did it while IN office.

Who used Cocaine? Did I claim anyone used Cocaine?

I love how people like you have 2 standards, one for people you support and a totally different on for everyone else.

Pot, meet kettle. By the way, gonna take back that LIE about Spitzer ever? Somehow I doubt it.

So what was your position again on Craig? On Trent Lott? On Foley?

Craig was an idiot who I never called for his resignation or said he was "unfit for office". Trent Lott was a racist who I never called for his resignation or said he was "unfit for office". And Foley was molesting underage boys. Now that is most definitely not acceptable.

Who used Cocaine? Did I claim anyone used Cocaine?

Pot, meet kettle. By the way, gonna take back that LIE about Spitzer ever? Somehow I doubt it.

Craig was an idiot who I never called for his resignation or said he was "unfit for office". Trent Lott was a racist who I never called for his resignation or said he was "unfit for office". And Foley was molesting underage boys. Now that is most definitely not acceptable.

And you have proof that Foley EVER did that?

Yet Larkinn does not and of course since you NEVER chastise a fellow Liberal

Please cut the horseshit, Gunny. Please point out where you and the right chastize your side. Please point out where you have ever admitted Bush made a mistake as I have for Billy Bob.

Spitzerfucked up. He broke the law by "structuring" his funds. That's how the FBI caught him. They thought he was being blackmailed because he was taking out funds below the 10,000 alarm level on multiple locations. They found it wasn't black mail, but a bad male with a loose zipper.

Spitzer should resign. Craig should resign. Villier should resign.

Maybe he will get a commutation from Bush like Scooter. After all, Scooter just committed perjury in the case of outing a covert CIA agent.

Yes, she was covert. The cia admitted it. Novak and Coulter were liars.

Novak and Coultere were also dates at the Press Conference where the Bush Baby sang his song so well.

Also, do you have to keep showing your class with your "retard" attacks?

Please cut the horseshit, Gunny. Please point out where you and the right chastize your side. Please point out where you have ever admitted Bush made a mistake as I have for Billy Bob.

Spitzerfucked up. He broke the law by "structuring" his funds. That's how the FBI caught him. They thought he was being blackmailed because he was taking out funds below the 10,000 alarm level on multiple locations. They found it wasn't black mail, but a bad male with a loose zipper.

Spitzer should resign. Craig should resign. Villier should resign.

Maybe he will get a commutation from Bush like Scooter. After all, Scooter just committed perjury in the case of outing a covert CIA agent.

Yes, she was covert. The cia admitted it. Novak and Coulter were liars.

Novak and Coultere were also dates at the Press Conference where the Bush Baby sang his song so well.

Also, do you have to keep showing your class with your "retard" attacks?

Just with retards.

And again you have no proof of any of your contentions. The LAW is specific about who is covert and who is NOT. She did not meet, NOR in fact did the CIA or anyone else prove she did, the criteria. Further Libby was illegally prosecuted. READ the law, it is illegal to base an investigation on nothing more than proving Perjury. Something he did not do to begin with.

Remind us how Armitage, you know the guy that ACTUALLY outed Plame, got prosecuted for the supposed crime you claim Libby committed. Armitage was known to be the source for the ENTIRE time Libby was investigated, proving yet again he was set up over 2 years for a Perjury charge, which again is AGAINST the law.

Republicans routinely police their own, that would be why Republicans almost always resign when caught doing shady things, as opposed to people Like Clinton that used his office to molest women and lied to a Judge under oath about it and why SPitzer thought he could just weather the storm.

It would be WHY not one important Democrat has said one thing about the scandal YET. No one demanding he resign or be impeached. Why only the minority Republicans have called for his impeachment and the press has pointed out it isn't likely with the majority democrats needed to vote for it.

Liberals are above the law, or at least they think they are.

http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~ulrich/femhist/sex_work.shtml

It's his arrogance and hypocracy of prosecuting prostitution rings and then turning around and doing it himself. I have no sympathy for him and if it is found out that their were bribes and organized crime involvement I hope he goes to jail for several years.

And you have proof that Foley EVER did that?
There is evidence. He sent emails, left voice messages and there are eye-witnesses.

RGS, you need to stop towing party lines and start evaluating information in an unbiased fashion.

I hate to be the one to breakl the news to you (okay, that was a lie...I love being the one to say it) but Republicans are corrupt, they break laws, they lie, they cheat, they steal.

Why do you waste your time defending them?

Forum List

Back