ANOTHER Republican cashes-in on public service

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Pretty ironic eh? They bemoan gov't the entire time they're there THEN turn around and get a slush fund due to contacts they made while on the public payroll. Makes 'ya proud don't it? :rolleyes:

Eric Cantor Joins Wall Street Investment Bank It s All Politics NPR
Cantor does not have a Wall Street background but was considered a friend of Wall Street while he served in Congress.

Cantor, who will continue to live in Virginia, will open a new office for the firm in Washington, D.C., in addition to having an office at the company's headquarters in New York City, according to The Wall Street Journal.

:clap2:

here's another article:
Eric Cantor Cashes In, Goes to Wall Street

in early August: “From his first assignment on the Financial Services Committee, Mr. Cantor courted the favor and the donations of Wall Street. He opposed raising the absurdly low income taxes for private-equity managers, and personally eliminated a requirement that hedge funds disclose how they gather market-sensitive intelligence.”
[/URL]

Last edited:
What did you think he was going to do, go on welfare?

Much ado about nonsense.

With all the political pressures on Wall Street these days, it actually might not be a bad move to have a political candidate consulting on public strategy.

So repub-voters like Katzndogz :tinfoil: who rail against the gov't think its peachy keen for a former gov't public payroll-type to cash-in? Theres a name for that behavior that you're condoning Katzy. Care to take a guess?

With all the political pressures on Wall Street these days, it actually might not be a bad move to have a political candidate consulting on public strategy.

You're kidding, right?

Cantor is not a candidate - that I know of, anyway. Since losing his election, he's just another bottom feeding lobbyist.

Do you know who writes the bills that congress votes on (or, in the case of Republicans,) obstructs?

10322716_847996268547271_2002183966187398719_n_zps6e3c4c99.jpg

You're kidding, right?

Cantor is not a candidate - that I know of, anyway. Since losing his election, he's just another bottom feeding lobbyist.

Do you know who writes the bills that congress votes on (or, in the case of Republicans,) obstructs?

10322716_847996268547271_2002183966187398719_n_zps6e3c4c99.jpg

I suppose you can split hairs on that if you wish: ex-candidate better? My point was that he has at least some foundation knowledge of running a PR campaign; something Wall Street could use to combat all the bad press.

As for your cartoon... Ah I'm sorry, I must have covered up my corporate supporter tag on accident there.

Repubs doing what they do best :up: being hypocrites!!! :eusa_liar:

How does this make Cantor a hypocrite? Politicians of both parties do this. Did Cantor ever speak out against it?
Shsssh libs don't like hearing little facts like that I mean if someone was to mention how much the Clintons have made by cashing in on their time in government we would get a thousand reasons why that's different.

Forum List

Back