another refugee from PF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not leave specifically because of ABNS. Though ABNS is the biggest offender in my view. I left because PF is being run by committee. The only thing a committee is ever good for is screwing shit up. Particularly when the committee members cannot get on the same page.

I did not leave specifically because of ABNS. Though ABNS is the biggest offender in my view. I left because PF is being run by committee. The only thing a committee is ever good for is screwing shit up. Particularly when the committee members cannot get on the same page.
The committee used to be wonderful, back when it new what it was doing and had the right people and had their heart in the right place.

What committee existed in the 'golden age' at PF?

Did you have the same hat at PF that you have now?

Is it ethical to bring their identities onto another forum?

I don't know, maybe not publically. It's ok if you'd rather not, I'm just nosey. I wasn't a long timer at PF.

I have decided that the next forum I join I won't bring any of my controversial truths to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agna--

I think you had a particularly rough time at PF for a number of reasons. Just start over, lots of your friends are here who enjoyed duking it out with you, and so far, none of the mods have joined.

Agna--

I think you had a particularly rough time at PF for a number of reasons. Just start over, lots of your friends are here who enjoyed duking it out with you, and so far, none of the mods have joined.

let the mods join, really, they are so fun when they're posting, the problem is the act of moderation. the system is faulty and leads to corruption. if it was me, I would have made a democratic system, that people could be nominated for moderation and get elected each year, there should be no more than 5 mods and I as an admin would fully participate in the forum to have an eye on what's going on.

let the mods join, really, they are so fun when they're posting, the problem is the act of moderation. the system is faulty and leads to corruption. if it was me, I would have made a democratic system, that people could be nominated for moderation and get elected each year, there should be no more than 5 mods and I as an admin would fully participate in the forum to have an eye on what's going on.

That's a preferable system to be sure, and one I've seen adopted to some extent on other forums. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the limit on the number of moderators, as large forums need extensive management, but I would have forum rules and policies decided and voted on by the membership as a whole and mods elected annually to enforce these rules and policies. They would also be instantly recallable in the case of misconduct.

I've also been watching the forum, and they apparently think that a new user named "The Riddler" is another sock puppet of mine. He isn't; I wouldn't choose such a stupid name for a sock puppet.

That must really suck for him, though. He was just banned for no apparent reason. :lol:

That's a preferable system to be sure, and one I've seen adopted to some extent on other forums. I wouldn't necessarily agree with the limit on the number of moderators, as large forums need extensive management, but I would have forum rules and policies decided and voted on by the membership as a whole and mods elected annually to enforce these rules and policies. They would also be instantly recallable in the case of misconduct.

I've also been watching the forum, and they apparently think that a new user named "The Riddler" is another sock puppet of mine. He isn't; I wouldn't choose such a stupid name for a sock puppet.

That must really suck for him, though. He was just banned for no apparent reason. :lol:

you're making them paranoid!

That never works. Voting is always skewed in favor of one thing or another, and the type of membership base changes from time to time. All you need is an active administrator with the ability to pick decent mods that are willing to enforce the rules as posted. Having members elect mods turns it in to nothing more than a popularity contest as well..

Been there, seen it

I left because I got sick of being treated like a child, particularly when I know what a cluster fuck that board is behind the scenes.

How were you treated like a child? I thought as a former mod you had plenty of behind the scenes influence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will never return to PF. I wouldn't have the slightest interest in creating a sock puppet to participate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back