Another outrageous liberal Myth, top 5

Ame®icano;3928738 said:
Bush II AND Obama's Treasury definitely DID prevent a banksters' meltdown which definitely would have caused the stock market to CRASH into a nighmare scenario.

Of course that did almost nothing to help the rest of Americans, but at least it prevented an worldwide economic nightmare that would have been truly catastropic.

Prevent?

They just delayed it.
the fact is we are broke!!!BHO broke us!!!!

They all broke us, Dems, Repubs together. The Tea Party gives me hope.

If they stick to their guns, they might pull us through.

Let's look at this logically...I know that's hard for some of you but let try anyways...

Saddam has WMD that he uses against the Iranians and the Kurds. That is indisputable. After the first Gulf war he listed stockpiles of chemical weapons that he still possessed.

So what you want me to believe is that a man like Saddam destroyed his WMD's? Voluntarily? Is that what you're trying to sell me? Because I've got to tell you...THAT is about as far fetched a concept as I've ever heard. Men like Saddam don't destroy weapons. Men like Saddam seek to develop MORE weapons to add to what they already have. That is the reason that Iraqi agents were in Africa trying to buy yellow cake uranium.

Oh my...the Niger story returns! Bejeebers....anyway -

You can believe whatever you'd like to believe, and it's clear you're in search of some confirmation bias here. But the reality is that the weapons inspectors were in the country in 2002. What did they find? Please remind me.

and then we invaded in 2003. What did we find? Please remind me.

"What is clear, obvious and factual is that Iraq did NOT possess working WMD's in any significant amount in 2003."

Actually what is clear, obvious and factual is that we did not FIND WMD in any significant amount in 2003. That does not mean that Iraq did not possess them. I suppose you think that the fact the Libyan nuclear program hidden in the desert was undetected by UN inspectors meant that Libya didn't HAVE a nuclear weapon program?

"What is clear, obvious and factual is that Iraq did NOT possess working WMD's in any significant amount in 2003."

Actually what is clear, obvious and factual is that we did not FIND WMD in any significant amount in 2003. That does not mean that Iraq did not possess them. I suppose you think that the fact the Libyan nuclear program hidden in the desert was undetected by UN inspectors meant that Libya didn't HAVE a nuclear weapon program?

It's been 8 years. Where'd these drones, these mobile labs, these 30,000 pounds of mustard gas and the stockpiles "east and north of Tikri" go?

"Oh my...the Niger story returns! Bejeebers....anyway -"

So you're now disputing the fact that Iraq was trying to buy yellow cake uranium?

"You can believe whatever you'd like to believe, and it's clear you're in search of some confirmation bias here. But the reality is that the weapons inspectors were in the country in 2002. What did they find? Please remind me."

Would those be the same inspectors that never found the nuclear weapons development facility that Libya had hidden out in the desert? Are THOSE the guys you're talking about? Would that be the same UN that the son of the leader of the organization was brokering under the table oil deals with the Iraqis to get around the embargo? Is THAT the UN that we're talking about?

"Oh my...the Niger story returns! Bejeebers....anyway -"

So you're now disputing the fact that Iraq was trying to buy yellow cake uranium?

"You can believe whatever you'd like to believe, and it's clear you're in search of some confirmation bias here. But the reality is that the weapons inspectors were in the country in 2002. What did they find? Please remind me."

Would those be the same inspectors that never found the nuclear weapons development facility that Libya had hidden out in the desert? Are THOSE the guys you're talking about? Would that be the same UN that the son of the leader of the organization was brokering under the table oil deals with the Iraqis to get around the embargo? Is THAT the UN that we're talking about?

No Iraqi representative made a deal for yellow cake in Niger. It simply didn't happen.

Where did the drones go? The mobile labs? The stockpiles "east and north of Tikrit"?

"You can believe whatever you'd like to believe, and it's clear you're in search of some confirmation bias here."

What exactly is "confirmation bias"? I'm simply looking at the facts as we know them. You are the one who maintains that Iraq did not have WMD when in fact they proved quite dramatically that they DID have them by using them against two foes.

Saddam SAID he had WMD's.

He kicked the inspectors out.

He wanted Iran to believe he had WMD's.

He succeeded.

End of story.

If you are standing in a dark corner and are lawfully ordered by police to put down any weapons and come out with your hands up, but instead you claim you have a gun and you refuse to comply, when the cops shoot you, it's justified...whether you actually had a gun or not is irrelevant.

"No Iraqi representative made a deal for yellow cake in Niger. It simply didn't happen."

Ah yes...Gotta love semantics! Answer me this...did any Iraqi representative TRY to make a deal for yellow cake uranium in Niger?

He succeeded.

End of story.

If you are standing in a dark corner and are lawfully ordered by police to put down any weapons and come out with your hands up, but instead you claim you have a gun and you refuse to comply, when the cops shoot you, it's justified...whether you actually had a gun or not is irrelevant.

Saddam was not a threat to us

We knew he was not a threat

It was not worth wasting 4000 US lives over

"Your claim that Saddam could have used them or smuggled them out of the country is lame. He could have hid the hardware but he never could have hid the paper trail. The US poured over all records and all correspondence looking for evidence of WMDs. There were no procurement documents, no shipping documents, no reports, no orders, no inventories, no test reports....Nothing
No Iraqi scientist, technician even shipping clerk came forward to report that they had been involved with WMDs....as much as the US tried to bribe them to come forward with information"

If there were no WMD in Iraq...as you maintain...then perhaps you'd like to explain what it was that Saddam Hussein used against both the Iranians and the Kurds? Did you "miss" that somehow?

Perhaps you'd also like to explain why Iraq was trying to buy yellowcake uranium in Africa? Or didn't you get the memo that Joe Wilson admitted he was wrong about that?

I suppose you think that the Libyan nuclear program that was hidden out in the desert and totally missed by UN inspectors doesn't prove quite readily that UN inspectors are next to useless when it comes to preventing countries like Libya, Iraq and Iran from trying to build nuclear weapons?

The gas used against Iran and the Kurds was because of Western technology, thanks should go to the Pseudo-Con icon Ronnie Raygun. It was found that Iraq had no active WMD programs since 1991.

Your yellowcake allegation is false and the Libyan nuke is like from outerspace.

Do you hear voices?

Over the radio?

"Your yellowcake allegation is false and the Libyan nuke is like from outerspace."

Sorry to burst your progressive bubble there, Boo but in fact Iraq did attempt to buy yellow cake from Niger. As for the Libyan program to build a nuke being something from "outerspace"? I know it probably makes your poor little head ache but the Libyans DID manage to build and conceal a nuclear weapons development site out in the desert. That isn't some UFO story. It's reality. You know...that thing which people like you have such a hard time dealing with?

"You can believe whatever you'd like to believe, and it's clear you're in search of some confirmation bias here."

What exactly is "confirmation bias"? I'm simply looking at the facts as we know them. You are the one who maintains that Iraq did not have WMD when in fact they proved quite dramatically that they DID have them by using them against two foes.

Confirmation bias is when you only seek those facts that will confirm your previous bias. Think Rush Limbaugh.

And I never said Iraq didn't have WMD's. I said they didn't have significant amounts in 2003.

"Your yellowcake allegation is false and the Libyan nuke is like from outerspace."

Sorry to burst your progressive bubble there, Boo but in fact Iraq did attempt to buy yellow cake from Niger. As for the Libyan program to build a nuke being something from "outerspace"? I know it probably makes your poor little head ache but the Libyans DID manage to build and conceal a nuclear weapons development site out in the desert. That isn't some UFO story. It's reality. You know...that thing which people like you have such a hard time dealing with?

Your bubble bursting days are over.

What is absolutely impossible for me to understand is this: a 4 October 2002 draft of a Presidential speech asserted that "the regime (Iraq) has been caught attempting to purchase up to 500 metric tons of uranium oxide from Africa -- an essential ingredient in the enrichment process." (55) The CIA objected (56), asking that the sentence be removed because
"the amount is in dispute and it is debatable whether it can be acquired from the source. We told Congress that the Brits have exaggerated this issue. Finally, the Iraqis already have 550 metric tons of uranium oxide in their inventory."
On 6 October 2002, the CIA elaborated on why the sentence should be removed: (56)
The evidence is weak ...The procurement is not particularly significant to Iraq's nuclear ambitions because the Iraqis already have a large stock of uranium oxide in their inventory ... and we have shared points one and two with Congress, telling them the Africa story is overblown and telling them this one of the two issues where we differed with the British."

Nigerian Yellow Cake - Facts and Fiction - Page 3

Libya gave up their nuclear program in the later part of 2003

Libyan Nuclear Weapons

Now if you meant Syria well, Saddam did sneak all his old nuclear play things to them in the middle of the night while no one was watching........

He succeeded.

End of story.

And before 9-11 I would have said Osama bin Laden wasn't a threat to us.

When a couple of 747's can kill thousands, a defeated enemy who claims to have WMD's, has used WMD's on his enemies and his own people, has attempted to assasinate a President of the United States and, in defiance of the Gulf War ceasefire, ejects all weapons inspectors from the country must be considered a threat.

Only a fool would NOT consider such an enemy a threat to the United States.

He succeeded.

End of story.

And before 9-11 I would have said Osama bin Laden wasn't a threat to us.

When a couple of 747's can kill thousands, a defeated enemy who claims to have WMD's, has used WMD's on his enemies and his own people, has attempted to assasinate a President of the United States and, in defiance of the Gulf War ceasefire, ejects all weapons inspectors from the country must be considered a threat.

Only a fool would NOT consider such an enemy a threat to the United States.

You are right.....we got a lot of invading to do

When you add 600-1200B of freshly minted dollars into the market without changing the rate at which money changes hands, something must, necessarily, become more expensive.

In this case, the market for private equity got more expensive (along with a bunch of other things)

So you're saying that an increase in currency, chasing a static pool of goods, will cause the price of those goods rise? So if the dollars in the pockets of consumers don't substantially change, then wealth has been effectively transferred, has it not?

In simple terms, those who have their wealth in dollars and depend on a paycheck for income, got royally fucked by this.

When you add 600-1200B of freshly minted dollars into the market without changing the rate at which money changes hands, something must, necessarily, become more expensive.

In this case, the market for private equity got more expensive (along with a bunch of other things)

So you're saying that an increase in currency, chasing a static pool of goods, will cause the price of those goods rise?
It CAN cause the price of those goods to rise. That's not guaranteed, however.

So if the dollars in the pockets of consumers don't substantially change, then wealth has been effectively transferred, has it not?

Transferred from whom?

In simple terms, those who have their wealth in dollars and depend on a paycheck for income, got royally fucked by this.
That's certainly the normal run of events, and has been for 30 years. But it needn't be that way.

Forum List

Back