Another Mars mission waste of Money. 2.46 Billion dollars for a dead planet.People in need hr on Ear

Here we have another Mars rover mission waste of money. To the tune of 2.46 Billion U.S. Dollars. Could this money not be spent here on Earth to feed many that need food and clean drinking water.? When is this waste of money to explore a dead red planet going to stop. How many of these rovers do we need.? Your thoughts on this matter.
I wonder if Spanish idiots said the same thing about financing Columbus's expedition.
..but what was the return of the New World's value compared to the return of the Mars' missions ?
Spain got MUCHO $$$$$ from the New World--a LOT more than Columbus' trip cost

Here we have another Mars rover mission waste of money. To the tune of 2.46 Billion U.S. Dollars. Could this money not be spent here on Earth to feed many that need food and clean drinking water.? When is this waste of money to explore a dead red planet going to stop. How many of these rovers do we need.? Your thoughts on this matter.
The technology that it took to get to Mars can and is being used to improve life on this planet.

I wonder if Spanish idiots said the same thing about financing Columbus's expedition.
..but what was the return of the New World's value compared to the return of the Mars' missions ?
if that's the goal a moonbase should be priority

$$$ from the moon?? is that what you mean ?

I'd rather spend it on a Mars mission than send it to some shit hole in Africa.

How many stormfront points do you get for that stupid fucking off-topic nonsense?

I'll answer after you explain how many ISIS points you get from the local cell.

You’re not on the playground, boy. ‘Rubber and Glue’ won’t work for you. There is nothing about the thread topic that invited your racist nonsense, but you felt compelled to shoehorn it in because you are too stupid to think of anything to say about the actual topic.
You're the one who brought up importing people from foreign shit holes, not me.......

No, I didn't, you lying sack of shit.

You have an extraordinary limited view of things.
What Mars has to offer is off the charts to the continuation of our species.
We need to learn better about long distance space travel

A mission to Mars will be a suicide mission for humans. There is no oxygen, its to cold , and there is just to much ultravilolet radiation for humans to be exposed to. And once you land , you become to heavy to lift back off to get back to Earth!!.Not feaseble at all for humans to visit.
LOL..not much into science, are you? For example..if there is water on Mars..and there probably is..at least at the poles...you have oxygen available via electrolysis--Mars gravity is lighter than Earths..and a mission would probably land the same way we did on the Moon..with a light vehicle..and the bulk of the weight in orbit. Err..we would wear spacesuits right?

As one poster did point out..all the money will be spent here..providing jobs and serendipitous benefits of research to be applied here as well.

Got racism? We should help poor people everywhere in getting food, clothing, shelter, and basic education.

If you want to help them, no one is stopping you. However, You are trying to force me to help them, and you want to bring them into this country to do it. I fail to see any justification for bringing them here. We gain nothing from so-called "refugees."

hqdefault.jpg

I did say, "We." That includes me and you. I can't force you but isn't that something basic that well off should be in human nature? You don't seem to be the type to just give the finger to money. I didn't just limit it to Africa either. It's just that they may end up being the most needy. They also have people there that wants to stop it by stealing the food and goods using violence. However, we've always had that one way or another. Someone to exploit the needy.
I don't want to be included in your "we," and you have given no reason why I should be included.

The reason that people in Africa are "needy" is the fact that their governments are corrupt and incompetent. What they need is to reform their governments. Pouring endless amounts of money into these self-made shit holes is a futile endeavor.

Like I said, if you want to spend your own money on it, be my guest. Just don't expect me to contribute to your foolishness.

>>The reason that people in Africa are "needy" is the fact that their governments are corrupt and incompetent. What they need is to reform their governments. Pouring endless amounts of money into these self-made shit holes is a futile endeavor.<<

Of course, this is correct but it doesn't mean that something cannot be done. I think it was better with white rule in South Africa. Obviously, they need new governments and not be exploited. There should be government reforms and poor should be helped. I was saying feeding a needy, starving child comes first is all.

that and you aren't going anywhere without one.,Manned mission to Mars is BS ..totally beyond our capability...makes me wonder what the purpose of bandying it about is

Here is a list of things that have come from our space exploration, so yea,,it’s money well spent.

environment and agriculture, health and medicine, public safety, transportation, recreation, and industrial productivity. Contrary to common belief, NASA did not invent Tang, Velcro or Teflon.[4]

Contents

How many stormfront points do you get for that stupid fucking off-topic nonsense?

You’re not on the playground, boy. ‘Rubber and Glue’ won’t work for you. There is nothing about the thread topic that invited your racist nonsense, but you felt compelled to shoehorn it in because you are too stupid to think of anything to say about the actual topic.
You're the one who brought up importing people from foreign shit holes, not me.......

Ah yes, it's the premise of this thread. So how is my post was uninvited?

As always, you're spouting pure idiocy.

Last edited:

Here is a list of things that have come from our space exploration, so yea,,it’s money well spent.

environment and agriculture, health and medicine, public safety, transportation, recreation, and industrial productivity. Contrary to common belief, NASA did not invent Tang, Velcro or Teflon.[4]

Contents
The claim that all these things are the result of our moonshot program is highly dubious.

A mission to Mars will be a suicide mission for humans. There is no oxygen, its to cold , and there is just to much ultravilolet radiation for humans to be exposed to. And once you land , you become to heavy to lift back off to get back to Earth!!.Not feaseble at all for humans to visit.

Until it is....

that and you aren't going anywhere without one.,Manned mission to Mars is BS ..totally beyond our capability...makes me wonder what the purpose of bandying it about is
..we can't even put shuttles into near Earth space without them blowing up --so yes--there are limits to what man can do ...
..sailing on the ocean is a lot different than going to the Moon/Mars/etc ...
..sailing to America took NO man made power

LOL..not much into science, are you? For example..if there is water on Mars..and there probably is..at least at the poles...you have oxygen available via electrolysis--Mars gravity is lighter than Earths..and a mission would probably land the same way we did on the Moon..with a light vehicle..and the bulk of the weight in orbit. Err..we would wear spacesuits right?

As one poster did point out..all the money will be spent here..providing jobs and serendipitous benefits of research to be applied here as well.
...we can't even put shuttles into near Earth space without them blowing up --and you think we can get to Mars?

Ah yes, it's the premise of this thread. So how is my post was invited.

As always, you're spouting pure idiocy.

Try again in English, idiot.

...we can't even put shuttles into near Earth space without them blowing up --and you think we can get to Mars?
Blowing them up..shuttles I mean/ You do know the success/failure percentages for shuttle missions don't support your contention, right?

No program is going to have 100% success..failures will occur..it's part of the process. Flights to Mars..possible. Sure..we have the tech..it's the will that's lacking.
Also..the money..always about the money.
The thing is...space travel and colonization is a generational effort..not a lot of humans have the vision to undertake a project that will benefit their great-grandchildren..but give nothing to them. Trying to sell a trillion dollar effort..for some pie in the sky 100 years from now..is tough sledding...LOL!~

..we can't even put shuttles into near Earth space without them blowing up --so yes--there are limits to what man can do ...
..sailing on the ocean is a lot different than going to the Moon/Mars/etc ...
..sailing to America took NO man made power
Huh..do tell..and who built those ships again? How many sunk trying to do what Columbus got credit for? How many voyaged just to map the unknown? How many advancements in the art of sailing and ship construction were a direct result of repeated attempts at exploration?

Limits? I guess there are some...but we are no where near them.

The greatest limit we have..is people's shortsightedness and nay-saying.

Got racism? We should help poor people everywhere in getting food, clothing, shelter, and basic education.

If you want to help them, no one is stopping you. However, You are trying to force me to help them, and you want to bring them into this country to do it. I fail to see any justification for bringing them here. We gain nothing from so-called "refugees."

hqdefault.jpg

I did say, "We." That includes me and you. I can't force you but isn't that something basic that well off should be in human nature? You don't seem to be the type to just give the finger to money. I didn't just limit it to Africa either. It's just that they may end up being the most needy. They also have people there that wants to stop it by stealing the food and goods using violence. However, we've always had that one way or another. Someone to exploit the needy.
I don't want to be included in your "we," and you have given no reason why I should be included.

The reason that people in Africa are "needy" is the fact that their governments are corrupt and incompetent. What they need is to reform their governments. Pouring endless amounts of money into these self-made shit holes is a futile endeavor.

Like I said, if you want to spend your own money on it, be my guest. Just don't expect me to contribute to your foolishness.

>>The reason that people in Africa are "needy" is the fact that their governments are corrupt and incompetent. What they need is to reform their governments. Pouring endless amounts of money into these self-made shit holes is a futile endeavor.<<

Of course, this is correct but it doesn't mean that something cannot be done. I think it was better with white rule in South Africa. Obviously, they need new governments and not be exploited. There should be government reforms and poor should be helped. I was saying feeding a needy, starving child comes first is all.

Bringing them here is not on the list of acceptable options.

To setup a permanent base, we are going to have to land many tons of equipment on Mars.

It's likely a cover project for something else we are working on.... That is top secret.

Forum List

Back