Another iconic business goes out of business

:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Where will i get my tongue sandwich now!!!!!!!!

The rent is too damn high.

8977170-large.jpg

Hopefully the stage deli in the mariage hotel in vegas is still there!!!

Probably because Obama can't control the landlords (remember, you want government out of business so they can charge whatever they can get), so because the landlord was a greedy fuck, he jacked up the price so high that they finally went out of business.

Capitalism at it's finest! Apparently it works best on the Bain Capital model.

I'm failing to see what your complaint is here.

This is an act of "Creative Destruction" as Romney called it.

The owner of that building feels that he can get a bigger rent payment from a new tenant, so either the Deli pays up, or they go out of business.

Given how you guys on the right worship greed as the greatest of all virtues, I'm just not seeing what your problem here is. Wasn't a government program that put them out, it was the greed of another capitalist.

The owner of that building feels that he can get a bigger rent payment from a new tenant, so either the Deli pays up, or they go out of business.

Given how you guys on the right worship greed as the greatest of all virtues, I'm just not seeing what your problem here is. Wasn't a government program that put them out, it was the greed of another capitalist.

"You obviously just don't understand economics"

LOL

Yea the costs of Obamacare and the poor economy had nothing to do with this. And Romney has nothing to do with this stuff. Own it brah.

Yea the costs of Obamacare and the poor economy had nothing to do with this. And Romney has nothing to do with this stuff. Own it brah.

You obviously didn't read your own link where it says "The cost of Obamacare had no impact on this and most of the downfall happened during the Bush administration"

Well, it seems to me if the owner is making more money on his property, that's a good thing.

You conservatives are the ones who always bitch about NYC's rent control laws as an interference in "Freedom".

i know you're not very bright, but do you need to prove it constantly?

besides their food was horrible and most of those types of delis, except for the very best, have closed...

Another point lost on him. The market has changed. Why go to the Deli when you can buy the same thing at a Supermarket and get about 20 other things done at the same time.

No it didn't.

By the way..this happens on a daily basis here.

Without justification, commercial landlords routine price businesses out of property they rent to them.

i know you're not very bright, but do you need to prove it constantly?

besides their food was horrible and most of those types of delis, except for the very best, have closed...

Another point lost on him. The market has changed. Why go to the Deli when you can buy the same thing at a Supermarket and get about 20 other things done at the same time.

The Stage Deli was always doing well.

The rent is too damn high.

8977170-large.jpg

I loved that guy, best piece of political theater in years. Also Obama is responsible for NYC rent hikes?!?

Perhaps you should take an economics class and understand the answer for yourself. :eusa_clap:

Now Grate, it was less than a month ago you were telling us how badly Romney was going to beat the President. So why should we believe you are any more knowledgable in economics than in political science?

Forum List

Back