Another Fine Mess Obama's Gotten Us Into

If by "he" you mean his policies-yes.

Hmm. So the DOW Jones doubling is bad, right? And corporate tax rates being the lowest they've been since 1972 is bad for business too, right? Imagine how much worse for business it would have been if Congress had passed is jobs act and corporate tax rates would be even LOWER than they are now, huh? 25 straight months of jobs growth clearly means business is suffering really badly right now, right?

It would seem like Obama's done a lot of good for business. But then again, I'm not a clever girl.

It is quite literally one of the most anemic job growths in our nations history- AND that is thanks in large part to conservatives not budging on Obama's wanting to increase taxes on those earning 250k. We can thank Obama for a downgraded credit rating; business's afraid to hire; and a pessimism not seen in over70 years.

The DOW's ability to maneuver during a recession is an art form. THAT has nothing to do with the state of our economy.

How many jobs did Bushonomics create in 2007 and 2008?

The credit rating is Obama's fault? Are you from fucking Jupter? Did you indeed get more stupider? Who was holding the debt ceiling hostage again? Boehner. And hey, TurthCleaverGirl, how many times do you think under Bush II the Debt Ceiling was raised without any problem?

enhanced-buzz-5908-1320684779-15.jpg

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppppp

Oh, and the actual source;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/

It's fucking hackjob Ezra Klein. You lied and said it was the BOLS

Busted again, you fucking mook.

Okay. I officially give up on you. You're a fucking idiot, and you need to be educated on how things work. Just because it's from a site you don't like doesn't mean that it's not sourced properly you ignorant piece of shit.

The actual data came from the BOLS. That's WHERE THE MOTHERFUCKING FACTS CAME FROM.

Seriously, consider this the absolutely last time I'm going to interact with you. Try and goad me, but I'm not going to play with someone who can't even understand how the world works.

Fuck I hate you.

remember that next time someone posts from FOX NEWS, and be sure to explain to your libtard asshat brethren that 'Just because it's from a site you don't like doesn't mean that it's not sourced properly' Oh, and do remember to call them 'ignorant pieces of shit' as well. There's a good fucktard. Have a cookie.

What happened in his second term?

He ended the recession and rebuilt the military.

Didn't he also turn water into wine?

My favorite Reagan fact was that he was elected to be the head of a Union six times. He said everyone has the right to belong to a union.

Reagan Says Being In A Union Is A Basic Right - YouTube

Yes, a "non governmental union". And I agree with him. He stood up against public unions and Like Walker- he won.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZTCPJ39LA]Remarks and Q & A with reporters on the Air Traffic Controllers (PATCO) strike - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm. So the DOW Jones doubling is bad, right? And corporate tax rates being the lowest they've been since 1972 is bad for business too, right? Imagine how much worse for business it would have been if Congress had passed is jobs act and corporate tax rates would be even LOWER than they are now, huh? 25 straight months of jobs growth clearly means business is suffering really badly right now, right?

It would seem like Obama's done a lot of good for business. But then again, I'm not a clever girl.

It is quite literally one of the most anemic job growths in our nations history- AND that is thanks in large part to conservatives not budging on Obama's wanting to increase taxes on those earning 250k. We can thank Obama for a downgraded credit rating; business's afraid to hire; and a pessimism not seen in over70 years.

The DOW's ability to maneuver during a recession is an art form. THAT has nothing to do with the state of our economy.

How many jobs did Bushonomics create in 2007 and 2008?

The credit rating is Obama's fault? Are you from fucking Jupter? Did you indeed get more stupider? Who was holding the debt ceiling hostage again? Boehner. And hey, TurthCleaverGirl, how many times do you think under Bush II the Debt Ceiling was raised without any problem?

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppppppppp

The debt ceiling was held hostage by two parties arguing over taxes. The debt ceiling argument was not the reason for the credit rating being lowered- the deficit was. The 14 trillion dollar deficit- which is now 16 trillion.

The debt ceiling being raised was held hostage by democrats as well under Bush- indeed Obama himself was a hostage holder.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.” …….. Senator Barack Obama- 2006—Senator Obama Voted NO on Raising the Debt Ceiling

If your argument needs to sink to foul language and name calling please find someone else to debate with.

It's all related to compromise, though
Right?

And honestly if it's the deficit that caused the credit rating issue (which isn't totally true because raising the debt ceiling would have allowed us to pay our bills and keep our credit rating), why not put that blame on who really deserves it, you know, the guy who ran it up?

Two unfunded wars.
Bush tax cuts.

And book goes the dynamite...again.

It's all related to compromise, though
Right?

And honestly if it's the deficit that caused the credit rating issue (which isn't totally true because raising the debt ceiling would have allowed us to pay our bills and keep our credit rating), why not put that blame on who really deserves it, you know, the guy who ran it up?

Two unfunded wars.
Bush tax cuts.

And book goes the dynamite...again.

The debt ceiling was raised and the credit rating was lowered.

But I digress- this is Obama's economy. He put into place policies that have failed to bring about the necessary activity to lift the the economy- and indeed it can be reasonably argued they have dragged it down farther. His own words convict him.

It was raised too late, and you know that. It's hard to fix an economy with obstructionists working against you.

Obstructionism is not always equal to bad. Republicans prevented Obama from raising taxes. He could have gotten the debt ceiling raised without an obstruction had he offered republicans a clean vote.

Oh, and the actual source;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/

It's fucking hackjob Ezra Klein. You lied and said it was the BOLS

Busted again, you fucking mook.

Okay. I officially give up on you. You're a fucking idiot, and you need to be educated on how things work. Just because it's from a site you don't like doesn't mean that it's not sourced properly you ignorant piece of shit.

The actual data came from the BOLS. That's WHERE THE MOTHERFUCKING FACTS CAME FROM.

Seriously, consider this the absolutely last time I'm going to interact with you. Try and goad me, but I'm not going to play with someone who can't even understand how the world works.

Fuck I hate you.
Your chart does not match with the other one that has been posted here though. No matter where the data came from, it can be twisted by your source.
gov%20employment%20four%20recessions.png

2ISSprvt_120612.png.cms

According to the second chard (also sourced from BOLS) there is approximately a 9 percent increase in federal employees and a flat growth in state during the recession. Your chart lacks required information as well like the actual dates it is taking into account and the actual numbers that it is using. How about you address the discrepancies here.

I cant stand this president but this recession would have happened whoever got themselves elected.

It's not the argument against his reelection- The argument is how awful and what a failure his policies are in the face of the recession.

Your chart says things have been improving for years now though. No?

The chart shows federal government employment with a backdrop of recessions over the past 70 years

It's not the argument against his reelection- The argument is how awful and what a failure his policies are in the face of the recession.

Your chart says things have been improving for years now though. No?

The chart shows federal government employment with a backdrop of recessions over the past 70 years

Since your chart doesnt start much before 2008, I think someone is lying. Guess who?

:badgrin:

That's fucking rich. I worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years..and that's the very first time I ever heard that.

S&P's statement was blunt in its assessment.

"We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process," the ratings firm said.

S&P downgrades U.S. credit rating from AAA - USATODAY.com

And who was it that refused to raise the debt ceiling? It was not the President was it?

Forum List

Back