Another example of why Ron Paul is a phony conservative

It's hilarious how the rank and file GOP members hijacked Dr. Paul's Tea Party movement and now are trying to push him out because he's "not conservative enough".

It's like a mob underboss whacking the don and taking over the crew.

Oh yeah, I forgot: "The tea party is a grass roots movement that represents no single political party, mentality, idea, blah, blah, fricking blah."

At least when the Tea Party was run by the Paul-ites it stood for something. Now it's just a goofy attempt at subterfuge by the GOPers.

Seems to me all the Tea Party ever stood for was hating Pres. Obama in particualar and the Dems in general no matter what they did.

I agree with you on the "Tea Party" as we know it now. However, there was a time when there was a much smaller "Tea Party" made up of Paul's people that were protesting Bush. They just got their label stolen by the GOP rank and rile who needed a "grass roots movement".

I agree with you on the "Tea Party" as we know it now. However, there was a time when there was a much smaller "Tea Party" made up of Paul's people that were protesting Bush. They just got their label stolen by the GOP rank and rile who needed a "grass roots movement".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwGoEb3t2CI]YouTube - TeaPartyRally.com[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwGoEb3t2CI]YouTube - TeaPartyRally.com[/ame]

So how stoked are you that the GOP has stolen your guys' intellectual property and now wants to kick you out?

The TRULY Phony 'conservatives' are the zionist neocons and their braindead neoconned sheeple golems in the evangelical churches.

It's hilarious how the rank and file GOP members hijacked Dr. Paul's Tea Party movement and now are trying to push him out because he's "not conservative enough".

It's like a mob underboss whacking the don and taking over the crew.

Oh yeah, I forgot: "The tea party is a grass roots movement that represents no single political party, mentality, idea, blah, blah, fricking blah."

At least when the Tea Party was run by the Paul-ites it stood for something. Now it's just a goofy attempt at subterfuge by the GOPers.

Seems to me all the Tea Party ever stood for was hating Pres. Obama in particualar and the Dems in general no matter what they did.

And yet a large number of them are self described Democrats and Independents.
Fail.

No, a very very very small number of them are self-described Democrats. Conservatives who now call themselves independents have grown in number over recent years because the GOP has become such an embarassment. Such conservative independents, however, are still de facto Republicans in most cases.

Almost every candidate in every race of any consequence that is a Tea Party endorsed candidate is a REPUBLICAN, so the tea partiers can deny they are simply a 'militant' (to use Gingrich's word) wing of the Republican party,

but they are essentially functioning as exactly that.

Ron Paul is no conservative. A libertarian believes in no government , is in effect an anarchist. Conservatives believe in government, albeit a small and limited one.

Ron Paul is no conservative. A libertarian believes in no government , is in effect an anarchist. Conservatives believe in government, albeit a small and limited one.

That's a broad brush you paint libertarians with, mah friend, a maneuver always guaranteed to be off the mark.

That's a broad brush you paint libertarians with, mah friend, a maneuver always guaranteed to be off the mark.

Well, those who claim they are libertarians but want some form of government are in fact not libertarians. Not my fault people have confused their political terms.

Well, those who claim they are libertarians but want some form of government are in fact not libertarians. Not my fault people have confused their political terms.

It's you that have confused political terms. There are both anarchist and minarchist libertarians. And as for conservatives believing in "small" or "limited" government, how's that worked out for the past century? Not very well I'd say.

It's you that have confused political terms. There are both anarchist and minarchist libertarians. And as for conservatives believing in "small" or "limited" government, how's that worked out for the past century? Not very well I'd say.

How many conservatives have been elected in the last century? Not too many, I'd say.

How many conservatives have been elected in the last century? Not too many, I'd say.

How many that have lived up to smaller limited government? Maybe two. Coolidge and Harding. The problem is that "real" conservatives keep electing "fake" conservatives to represent them, so you can see where the rest of us might get confused. You can also see where we might get confused when the supposed "real" conservatives support the actions of the "fake" conservatives that they elected when they enact big government policies, such as a militaristic foreign policy and privacy destroying, and unconstitutional, legislation like the Patriot Act.

How many that have lived up to smaller limited government? Maybe two. Coolidge and Harding. The problem is that "real" conservatives keep electing "fake" conservatives to represent them, so you can see where the rest of us might get confused. You can also see where we might get confused when the supposed "real" conservatives support the actions of the "fake" conservatives that they elected when they enact big government policies, such as a militaristic foreign policy and privacy destroying, and unconstitutional, legislation like the Patriot Act.

Not sure what you are calling "militaristic foreign policy". If you mean a vigorous foreign policy that protects Americans from foreign threats and sees to our interests, I would call that pretty conservative.

I'm just wondering when Obama is going to get around to repealing that unconstitutional patriot act? oh thats right................. Also, could you expound on which parts you feel are unconstitutional?

Not sure what you are calling "militaristic foreign policy". If you mean a vigorous foreign policy that protects Americans from foreign threats and sees to our interests, I would call that pretty conservative.

A militaristic foreign policy is one where we have troops in over 130 countries, waging two wars, increasing violent rhetoric against Iran, bombing Pakistan which of course just creates more enemies thus making us less safe. I see nothing conservative about any of that.

I'm just wondering when Obama is going to get around to repealing that unconstitutional patriot act? oh thats right................. Also, could you expound on which parts you feel are unconstitutional?

Not everyone that opposes Republican nonsense is necessarily a Democrat or an Obama supporter, so that response doesn't work on me. I'll allow the Judge to explain it.

[youtube]kNRSs6LsGeI[/youtube]

A militaristic foreign policy is one where we have troops in over 130 countries, waging two wars, increasing violent rhetoric against Iran, bombing Pakistan which of course just creates more enemies thus making us less safe. I see nothing conservative about any of that.

You are correct about that, and so I will say it for a third time. DUBYA was NO conservative. you libbies can have him :lol:

You are correct about that, and so I will say it for a third time. DUBYA was NO conservative. you libbies can have him :lol:

Only a "libbie" if you're referring to libertarian.

Not everyone that opposes Republican nonsense is necessarily a Democrat or an Obama supporter, so that response doesn't work on me. I'll allow the Judge to explain it.

I like the Judge, and even agree with a lot of what he says, including here actually. i think there are parts of the Patriot Act which are of questionable legality. But the notion that mean old Dubya did things other Presidents wouldn't do doesn't fly when Obama is using the same acts.

I like the Judge, and even agree with a lot of what he says, including here actually. i think there are parts of the Patriot Act which are of questionable legality. But the notion that mean old Dubya did things other Presidents wouldn't do doesn't fly when Obama is using the same acts.

Who said Bush did things other Presidents didn't or wouldn't do? But just because everyone else does it doesn't mean its right. Bush should be condemned along with Obama.

Forum List

Back