DC's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
I am wondering if they get their pictures on a poster in the post office.

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

Please accept my wishes for a Happy New Year. As many of you know, it has become something of a New Year's tradition for Judicial Watch to comb through its files for the year to determine which politicians earn the dubious distinction of being the most corrupt in Washington.

DC's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009 | Judicial Watch

Last edited:

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009

Please accept my wishes for a Happy New Year. As many of you know, it has become something of a New Year's tradition for Judicial Watch to comb through its files for the year to determine which politicians earn the dubious distinction of being the most corrupt in Washington.

That was fair.. I wish they would do it for all the Congress and the Obama Administration. A count down from worst to best..

Last edited:
Judical Watch named a bunch of Democrats and one of the most sleazy Republicans in Congress on their list? Surprise! :rolleyes:

For the record, people need to look a bit deeper into things before posting things like this:

Judicial Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Judicial Watch is an organization that describes itself as "a conservative, non-partisan American educational foundation that promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law."[1]

The organization received considerable financial support from prominent Clinton critics, including $7.74 million from conservative billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife.[5] This led Clinton administration officials to accuse Judicial Watch of "abusing the judicial system for partisan ends."[6]

Condemning as murder the death of Terri Schiavo, who lived for 15 years in a diagnosed persistent vegetative state and whose husband wished to allow to die. Her parents wished that she be kept on life support, and were joined in their pursuits by prominent Republicans.

In 2002, Judicial Watch received $1.1 million from The Carthage Foundation[27] and a further $400,000 from the Sarah Scaife Foundation. Both foundations are managed by Richard Mellon Scaife.[27] The year before the Scaife Foundation gave $1.35 million and Carthage $500,000.[27]
In all, between 1997 and 2002 Judicial Watch received $7,069,500 (unadjusted for inflation) in 19 grants from a handful of foundations. The bulk of this funding came from just three foundations – the Sarah Scaife Foundation, The Carthage Foundation and the John M. Olin Foundation, Inc.[27] According to MediaTransparency, itself a subsidiary of the progressive Media Matters for America, "Judicial Watch is essentially a tool of Richard Mellon Scaife, who provides almost all its funding."[27]

Carthage and Sarah Scaife foundations are run by Richard Mellon Scaife. John M. Olin Foundation:

John M. Olin Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It made its last grant in the summer of 2005 and officially disbanded on November 29 of that year after having disbursed over $370 million in funding, primarily to conservative think tanks, media outlets, and law programs at influential universities.

And finally:

Richard Mellon Scaife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scaife is particularly well known for his financial support of conservative and right-wing public policy organizations over the past two decades. He has provided support for conservative and libertarian causes in the U.S., mostly through the private, nonprofit foundations he controls: the Sarah Scaife Foundation, Carthage Foundation, and Allegheny Foundation, and until 2001, the Scaife Family Foundation, now controlled by his daughter Jennie and son David.[1][2] Scaife also helped fund the Arkansas Project, which ultimately led to the impeachment proceedings of President Bill Clinton.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbY7EL8k5w]YouTube - Follow The Yellow Brick Road - The Wizard Of Oz[/ame]

Edit: While I'm certainly not denying corruption when and where it takes place, I don't put the judgment of such a thing in the hands of any organization that is leaning either way.

I would only take this seriously if I could see the criteria for measuring 'corruption'. Nor am I interested in what letter they have after their name. I would really, really, really, like some actually bi-partisan organization to do an indepth investigation of politicians and just give us the facts.

There's a very credible reason I call you folks pea brains...it's because you are dumber than dogshit...:lol::lol::lol:

The 'Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians'.......according TO...Judicial Watch, Inc.

Funding

In 2002, Judicial Watch received $1.1 million from the Carthage Foundation and a further $400,000 from the Sarah Scaife Foundation. The year before the Scaife Foundation had given $1.35 million and Carthage $500,000.

In all, between 1997 and 2002, Judicial Watch received $7,069,500 (unadjusted for inflation) in 19 grants from a handful of foundations including. The bulk of this funding came from just three foundations - the Sarah Scaife Foundation, The Carthage Foundation and the John M. Olin Foundation, Inc.

Scaife Foundations
The Scaife Foundations consist of the Sarah Mellon Scaife Foundation, the Carthage Foundation, the Allegheny Foundation and the Scaife Family Foundation. All four have been heavily involved in financing conservative causes under the direction of reclusive billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife, whose wealth was inherited from the Mellon industrial, oil, uranium and banking fortune.

The Mellon fortune is built on at least 5 pillars; the family's ownership of Gulf Oil Corporation, the family's monopoly ownership of Alcoa and Alcan going back to 1891, ownership of Koppers and Carborundum corporations, and their participation in the uranium cartel.

John M. Olin Foundation

"The Foundation also gives large sums of money to promote conservative programs in the country's most prestigious colleges and universities." and it provided funding support, along with the various foundations controlled by Joseph Coors and family, and Richard Mellon Scaife, to create a chain of anti-environmental, pro-business, legal advocacy organizations.

The Foundation is financed by profits from the Olin chemical and munitions fortune with assets estimated at $90 million, $3 million of which goes to conservative advocacy groups. The Foundation "supported right-wing causes for many years but became more focused on grant-making after William E. Simon took over as president in 1977." Simon, who had been chosen to lead the Foundation by Olin, was followed by Michael Joyce, who left Olin in 1985 to lead the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation. He has since returned to be Olin's president
sourcewatch

There's a very credible reason I call you folks pea brains...it's because you are dumber than dogshit...:lol::lol::lol:

The 'Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians'.......according TO...Judicial Watch, Inc.

Funding

In 2002, Judicial Watch received $1.1 million from the Carthage Foundation and a further $400,000 from the Sarah Scaife Foundation. The year before the Scaife Foundation had given $1.35 million and Carthage $500,000.

In all, between 1997 and 2002, Judicial Watch received $7,069,500 (unadjusted for inflation) in 19 grants from a handful of foundations including. The bulk of this funding came from just three foundations - the Sarah Scaife Foundation, The Carthage Foundation and the John M. Olin Foundation, Inc.

Scaife Foundations
The Scaife Foundations consist of the Sarah Mellon Scaife Foundation, the Carthage Foundation, the Allegheny Foundation and the Scaife Family Foundation. All four have been heavily involved in financing conservative causes under the direction of reclusive billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife, whose wealth was inherited from the Mellon industrial, oil, uranium and banking fortune.

The Mellon fortune is built on at least 5 pillars; the family's ownership of Gulf Oil Corporation, the family's monopoly ownership of Alcoa and Alcan going back to 1891, ownership of Koppers and Carborundum corporations, and their participation in the uranium cartel.

John M. Olin Foundation

"The Foundation also gives large sums of money to promote conservative programs in the country's most prestigious colleges and universities." and it provided funding support, along with the various foundations controlled by Joseph Coors and family, and Richard Mellon Scaife, to create a chain of anti-environmental, pro-business, legal advocacy organizations.

The Foundation is financed by profits from the Olin chemical and munitions fortune with assets estimated at $90 million, $3 million of which goes to conservative advocacy groups. The Foundation "supported right-wing causes for many years but became more focused on grant-making after William E. Simon took over as president in 1977." Simon, who had been chosen to lead the Foundation by Olin, was followed by Michael Joyce, who left Olin in 1985 to lead the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation. He has since returned to be Olin's president
sourcewatch

And the reason why I call YOU (as an individual, not as a group) an assclown.... because you do the exact same thing - only with left leaning 'sources'. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

See how that works? Don't call the pot black when you're a kettle.

Funding

Scaife Foundations

John M. Olin Foundation

sourcewatch

And the reason why I call YOU (as an individual, not as a group) an assclown.... because you do the exact same thing - only with left leaning 'sources'. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

See how that works? Don't call the pot black when you're a kettle.

Hey Cali girl, you can try to 'spin it' anyway you wish, but the fact remains that Judicial Watch is funded by big oil, big industries and uranium cartels whose agenda is anti-environmental and pro-business. Did your little pea brain EVER consider that their political agenda is profit driven with little or no regard for We, the people?

Didn't think so...

Personally, I consider YOU to be a fucking moron...

I would only take this seriously if I could see the criteria for measuring 'corruption'. Nor am I interested in what letter they have after their name. I would really, really, really, like some actually bi-partisan organization to do an indepth investigation of politicians and just give us the facts.

Problem is.....

Then there would not be one single politician left!

Excellent! I wish someone would post all the dirt on some of these sleezy political manipulators. Anyone of the 'little people' that would do what THEY DO in Washington, would most likely be fired from their jobs in a heartbeat. This double standard sucks and most of us are fed up with it, especially with the very people that make the decisions that CONTROL every aspect of our lives.

And now, more what I consider 'corruption', the hiding of FACTS about those in Washington like this story this morning. IF, he invokes executive privilege, what are they HIDING? What are they afraid of, and why would they keep do this over and over? We are entitled to KNOW.

White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents
White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents | Kagan Watch

Funding

Scaife Foundations

John M. Olin Foundation

sourcewatch

So since Holder is a liberal anything he says as Attorney General we can ignore because it is biased, RIGHT? Since Obama is a Liberal, anything he says can be ignored, as he is biased, RIGHT?

Excellent! I wish someone would post all the dirt on some of these sleezy political manipulators. Anyone of the 'little people' that would do what THEY DO in Washington, would most likely be fired from their jobs in a heartbeat. This double standard sucks and most of us are fed up with it, especially with the very people that make the decisions that CONTROL every aspect of our lives.

And now, more what I consider 'corruption', the hiding of FACTS about those in Washington like this story this morning. IF, he invokes executive privilege, what are they HIDING? What are they afraid of, and why would they keep do this over and over? We are entitled to KNOW.

White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents
White House: Obama may use executive privilege to withhold Kagan documents | Kagan Watch

If he invokes it then her nomination for the Supreme Court should cease. The Congress MUST be given all the information on her that Obama has.

Problem is.....

Then there would not be one single politician left!

True. And that would be a glorious day. Let the fools on both sides see what a corrupt bunch of assclowns we elect. Maybe then they'd stop voting for them.... but probably not.

a little late on the uptake... the article is six months old.

your point?

your point?

The article is 6 months old, but the story is as good now as it was then, and as it will be years from now, same old crap from politicians term after term.

your point?

You see you ASSUME that I have a point. I am making no point. I am only passing along interesting information. Take and make any points you want.

And why are you asking if I have a point? Does it bother you that I posted it?

As I said do you think they will bet their photos posted in the post offices if they are the 10 most wanted corrupt politicians.

Every year Judicial Watch posts its assessment of the Ten Most Corrupt Politicians which includes those in high level office or running for high level office.

The lists are really interesting. The links also take you to the 'dishonorable mention' folks who didn't make the top ten.

It is interesting to see how the fortunes change somewhat as the party power shifts.

1. Jack Abramoff, former lobbyist
2. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
3. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA)
4. Rep.. Tom Delay (R-TX)
5. Sen. Mark Foley (R-FL)
6. Rep. Denny Hastert (R-IL)
7. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL)
8. Rep. William Jefferson (D-LA)
9. Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH)
10. Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)
Judicial Watch

1. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
2. Rep. John Conyers (D-MI)
3. Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID)
4. Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-CA)
5. Former mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
6. Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
7. I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby
8. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
9. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
10. Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington?s ?Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians? for 2007 | Judicial Watch

1. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
2. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
3. Valerie Jarrett (D-IL)
4. Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
5. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL)
6. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
7. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)
8. Rep. Rick Renzi (R- AZ)
9. Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK)
10. Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2008 | Judicial Watch

1. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
2. Sen. John Ensign (R-NV)
3. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA)
4. Sec. Treasury Timothy Geithner
5. Atty Gen Erick Holder
6. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL)
7. Pres Barack Obama
8. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
9. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA)
10. Rep. Chas. Rangel (D-NY)
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2009 | Judicial Watch

Forum List

Back