Another comparison Jimmy Carter and Obama- The Nobel peace prize

It is wonderful that "OUR" president has received this honor.

"ALL" American's should be extremely "PROUD"

Yeah, but many Republicans hate Obama more than they love/feel honored by/take pride in America.

yes, and we remember your love and pride during the last 8 years, except for her highness, it took her 45 years to find a reason to have pride in America. so cry us a river whydonchya?

Darn, too bad they don't give an award for war-mongering. I guess that's something that WOULD go over well with "middle class Americans", huh?

Peace being such an "un-American" thing????????????????????????????????????

Fact, these people who elected him DON'T LIKE A STRONG AMERICA! Not in any way shape or form. THEY LIKE A WEAK AMERICA WITH AN EXTREMELY WEAK PRESIDENT.

Yasser Arafat- terrorist- Jimmy Carter the worst and weakest American President in history?????? Those two people alone should tell you all you need to know about this so-called honor.

Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Shimon Perez, Yitzhak Rabin, Nelson Mandela, Elie Wiesel, Desmond Tutu, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Henry Kissenger, Martin Luther King Jr., Albert Sweitzer, ....

Yes, yes, what a disgrace to be associated with such weak and impotent figures.

You seem to believe that America is "stronger" when we bully and bluster our way around the globe demanding our way at the point of a sword. But that "strength" is not strength at all. Because no matter how superior our military might - we could not stand alone against the entire world.

Our strength lies in our military might COUPLED with our friendships around the world. You can't live at peace with ONLY friendships and you can't live at peace with JUST military might. If you put all of your eggs in just one of these baskets, you will fail.

The fact that I value friendships as well as a potent military means I value a strong and secure America. Anyone who can't support BOTH - does not.

:clap2:

Congratulations to our President Obama!

Any American winning the Nobel Peace Prize is a tribute to all Americans. In this case they are congratulating all Americans for getting rid of one of the largest threats to world peace and electing someone who is willing to use diplomacy over military aggression and threats.

Great day for America

Last edited:

Yeah, but many Republicans hate Obama more than they love/feel honored by/take pride in America.

yes, and we remember your love and pride during the last 8 years, except for her highness, it took her 45 years to find a reason to have pride in America. so cry us a river whydonchya?

Oh STFU, already. You and your warmongering ilk were rebuked in November, and until you get your head's out of your asses, will remain rebuked.

"Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Shimon Perez, Yitzhak Rabin, Nelson Mandela, Elie Wiesel, Desmond Tutu, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Henry Kissenger, Martin Luther King Jr., Albert Sweitzer"

BUT THEY ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING TO DESERVE BEING NOMINATED TO BEGIN WITH! NOT JUST BE IN OFFICE FOR 12 DAYS. Can you not see that this type of comparison is meaningless and basically is a slap in the face to those that ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING to deserve the honor!! Obama did nothing! He has done NOTHING! To even attempt to compare him with those you listed is just ........well........really really dumb.

Oh STFU, already. You and your warmongering ilk were rebuked in November, and until you get your head's out of your asses, will remain rebuked.

it will be snowing in hell before I stfu asswipe, and in case you haven't noticed your asswipe of a guy is still conducting wars! war in afghanistan, social wars, race wars, and class wars, so go fuck yourself. peace prize my ass.

Last edited:
"Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt, Shimon Perez, Yitzhak Rabin, Nelson Mandela, Elie Wiesel, Desmond Tutu, Lech Walesa, Mother Teresa, Henry Kissenger, Martin Luther King Jr., Albert Sweitzer"

BUT THEY ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING TO DESERVE BEING NOMINATED TO BEGIN WITH! NOT JUST BE IN OFFICE FOR 12 DAYS. Can you not see that this type of comparison is meaningless and basically is a slap in the face to those that ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING to deserve the honor!! Obama did nothing! He has done NOTHING! To even attempt to compare him with those you listed is just ........well........really really dumb.

What is clear is that YOU chose to ignore the accomplishments that so many others recognize.
I wonder why?

:lol:

to this position. Maybe, they are trying to make Obama feel better about losing the Olympics in Chicago.

This was my first thought as well. They certainly didn't award it to him on the merits of his accomplishments. But, as we saw with Al Gore, merit has nothing to do with it.

Love him or hate him; Obama is "OUR" president

He represents America and "ALL" of her people.

"EVERYONE" should be "PROUD" that the world honors "OUR" leader..

He represents "ALL" Americans

Only unpatriotic and anti-american people will denegrate this award for "OUR" president.

Well this puts our President in the esteemed company of Jimmy Carter, the IPCC, Al Gore, Yasser Arafat, Le Duc Tho, and a whole host of others. It would appear that President Obama has found himself in very good company and perhaps would have been better awarded had out president actually accomplished something to deserve the reward, unless the new standard is being elected to the office. While you may disagree with Jimmy Carter's reward, at the very least, the Prize committee waited until 2002 to reward him for his efforts while out of office as well as Al Gore's. I'm sorry but this prize is at the very least premature, and perhaps more than likely a thank you for not being George Bush prize.

When so many others in the U.S. and so many others in the international community are in disagreement with your own viewpoint - only a fool would fail to consider that maybe "everyone else" isn't the problem .........

What accomplishments?????? He was in office a mere 12 DAYS when nominated. Please Please tell me all of his wonderful accomplishments in 12 FREAKIN DAYS!!!! The people you listed actually DID SOMETHING. Until you can tell me what Obama did in 12 DAYS that even comes remotely close to those you listed accomplishments I will stand by what I said. Their is NO comparison.

I am merely pointing out the reality of Republicans hatred for Obama, you relish in Obama failing more than you would abhor seeing our country in pain. But atleast you admit it.

it will be snowing in hell before I stfu asswipe, and in case you haven't noticed your asswipe of a guy is still conducting wars! war in afghanistan, social wars, race wars, and class wars, so go fuck yourself. peace prize my ass.

Awwww....did'ums get mad....maybe you should go shoot something/body who doesn't agree with your ideology.

Awwww....did'ums get mad....maybe you should go shoot something/body who doesn't agree with your ideology.

awww poor whining wittle demoncwats,, I love to see you in a snit! cause lover boy don't get no R E S P E C T.:lol:

I love the way that NOT ONE person can list his accomplishments in the 12 DAYS before he was nominated for this award. All I see is the continued standard party lines that the left has become so good at these days. The man MIGHT in another year or two do something that would have warranted winning the Nobel Prize. But to give it to him SIMPLY FOR BEING ELECTED is really not that much of an honor. But hey, if you want to be proud of him winning something for doing NOTHING you go right ahead. I would much rather have preferred feeling like it was awarded because he had done something, not what could amount to making this country even more of a laughingstock than it is now.

First week in office : 5 exectutive orders Insults China First interview as President, is with foreign (Arab) news outlet- for Muslims Talks about his muslim family First phone call as President calls Palestinian leader Abbas Picks fight with Limbaugh Won't take question from press Excludes any compromise with GOP on Stimulus bill Massive pork in stimulus bill 5% of stimulus bill to actually go to infrastructure (and the rest of stimulus money to create jobs and restore the economy will not appear for a year or two) Offers to negotiate directly with Iran (in addition to previous talks already held) Puts 5 millionaires on his cabinet Makes a tax cheat the Sec. of the Treasury Bombs Pakistan Argues with the Pope on abortion Signed the Schip bill, that gives health care to illegals Won't bring a camera in to video his retaking of the oath of office Ordered the closure of Gitmo Halts all pending Bush regulations Second week: Appoints extremist Samantha Powers to head foreign policy team Orders more Secret nuke talks with Iran/Syria Attacks Rush Limbaugh His Illegal alien aunt, granted a visa Signs expensive schipp legislation Proposes another major tax cheat to be Health Secretary Proposes making a Republican Senator Commerce Secretary to ensure a filibuster proof Senate for total Democratic dictatorship and today is Monday.

One of his first Acts in office was to sign an EO ordering the closing of GITMO. However, as many have no doubt noticed , GITMO is still open. Again, while the prize itself is no doubt an honor to some, in this case it is somewhat premature and to suggest that it is not an insult to President Obama. In fact the White House itself was not even expecting this.

What is clear is that YOU chose to ignore the accomplishments that so many others recognize.
I wonder why?

Could you name them please? Here's what I've seen:

1. He helped clean up Chicago when he was "organizing" there... Oh wait, no. actually kids are beating each other to death in the streets there.

2. He's made a lot of promises that he has shown no sign of being able to keep.

3. He's blamed all of his problems on his predecessor rather than being "post-partisan"

4. He's gotten up on the world stage and abandoned our allies and embraced our enemies, confusing peace with appeasement.

5. He chose not to support the uprising in Iran, but chose to support the unconstitutional president of Honduras.

You're right. If Al Gore can get the Nobel Peace Prize for making a movie, why not give the prize to a president for doing worse than nothing.

Forum List

Back