Another Celebrity Walks/Jackson Walks!

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Not a suprise actually. I cannot believe he was not found guilty of giving intoxicants to minors. There were way too many witnesses that admitted this. Just goes to show what money can buy.

freeandfun1 said:
Not a suprise actually. I cannot believe he was not found guilty of giving intoxicants to minors. There were way too many witnesses that admitted this. Just goes to show what money can buy.

Gonna get sick now.

:puke:

no1tovote4 said:
Gonna get sick now.

:puke:
Me too. This really pisses me off. I can (kinda) understand him not getting convicted on the molestation charges as the defense did a good job of making the case about the victims mother and not Michael. But I cannot believe that he was not at all convicted of the lesser offenses of providing alcohol to minors as a very good case was made in regards to those charges. Employees of Michael Jackson admitted that sometimes booze was put in coke and given to kids. Why is it that California will NEVER convict a celebrity. I guess now we know who really runs that state.

Pale Rider said:
I for one still think he's guilty as sin.

I'm sure lots of folks "think" he did it - however, we live in a system that has to present "beyond reasonable doubt" that he did it - and that didn't happen.

That being the case, the jury - technically - did the right thing...

freeandfun1 said:
I once heard that he would be leaving the country after the trial...

Maybe Paris can make him an honorary citizen like it did with Mumia Abdul Jabal

KarlMarx said:
I once heard that he would be leaving the country after the trial...

Maybe Paris can make him an honorary citizen like it did with Mumia Abdul Jabal
They can have him.

-Cp said:
I'm sure lots of folks "think" he did it - however, we live in a system that has to present "beyond reasonable doubt" that he did it - and that didn't happen.

As already mentioned, there was "reasonable doubt" in the main charges, but for the lesser charges, there was NO DOUBT. There were way too many witnesses that provided testimony about this. From flight attendants to assistants so there was NO reasonable doubt in regards to those charges. Therefore, I have to assume all the verdicts are tainted and the jury was blinded by his celebrity.

freeandfun1 said:

this count surprised me from a former law enforcement officers opinion based on the evidence...Michael is immature and I would believe he did this...as for the rest...the evidence just did not support it...way too much contradiction in witness statements and credibility... :coffee3:

ScreamingEagle said:
Ditto. Too bad they couldn't prove it. Guess we'll just have to wait for the memoirs of his victims.
I hope that is how we find out... what I mean is that I hope we do not find out because of a "new" victim later. If (and regardless of what others might say, I am convinced he is) Michael Jackson is a child molester, then there will be more victims thanks to this jury.

-Cp said:

Oh puuuuleeeeze... don't give me that crap. If more "proof" is needed, then no one should EVER be convicted of child molestation.

I don't think there's california jury that will convict a california celebrity. They won't turn on their own. Had jackson been tried in Chicago, his ass would be on it's way to prison.

archangel said:
this count surprised me from a former law enforcement officers opinion based on the evidence...Michael is immature and I would believe he did this...as for the rest...the evidence just did not support it...way too much contradiction in witness statements and credibility... :coffee3:
I did not consider the testimony flight attendants and personal assistants as being "contradictory". As I have said many times, I believed the defense did a great job of turning this into a case against the mother. But in regards to this charge, there were too many witnesses that provided corroborating testimony and that were not related in any manner. It is obvious that this is one of Michael's tactics as it is many many molesters.

freeandfun1 said:

He wasn't on trial for giving intoxicants to minors - he was on trial for child molestation. Right or wrong, that's all they'll concentrate on. If people want him found guilty on the intoxication thing, they'll have to bring a seperate trial forward for that, I think.

Forum List

Back