Another Blogger Will Serve

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
There was max boot and Austin Bay, Wiggles was there, so was GreyHawk, now:
http://inteldump.powerblogs.com/archives/archive_2005_06_26-2005_07_02.shtml#1119816357

Sunday, June 26, 2005
Heading downrange
On Thursday, I received orders from the Army mobilizing me for Operation Iraqi Freedom. These orders followed an earlier set, cut on Tuesday, which transferred me from the Army's individual ready reserve into the 101st Airborne Division. It's an honor and privilege to deploy with such a storied unit -- a band of warriors who have nearly all deployed at least once since 9/11. I'm scheduled to report for active duty in a little under 3 weeks to Fort Campbell, Kentucky. After some period of pre-deployment training and preparation, I will deploy with my unit to Iraq.

It's difficult to describe the swirl of emotions I have now. I'm excited about this opportunity to serve, but also apprehensive about what lies ahead. I'm worried for my family and friends (this will be harder on them than me), and I will miss them terribly; but I'm also comforted by the strength they have displayed over the past few days.

INTEL DUMP will go through some changes over the next few weeks as a part of this deployment. I have asked several friends and colleagues to contribute or cross-post to this site, so INTEL DUMP will transition into a group blog. This is something I have long wanted to do; I greatly admire the intellectual dynamics and vibrancy of group blogs like the Volokh Conspiracy and Opinio Juris. Over the next few weeks, I will introduce INTEL DUMP's new writers, and adjust the site's format to reflect their addition. To the extent I can, I will contribute notes and dispatches from the field, although obviously my mission and my soldiers will take priority over any writing I might do.

See you on the high ground — more to follow...
[Phillip Carter, Sunday June 26, 2005 at 4:05pm EST

Forum List

Back