Another AGW "oops, we lied".

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
Olympic-size 'North Pole Lake' once again turns to ice | Reuters

Images of a scientific observation buoy floating in what appeared to be an Arctic lake near the North Pole lit up the online world in the past week, sparking questions about whether this was a sign of global warming.

On Monday, the scientist who installed the buoy gave a succinct answer: No.

Also, the buoy was never quite at the North Pole, oceanographer James Morison said in a telephone interview. Its most recent location is about 300 miles away.

After about a week of being surrounded by water, the buoy sat on top of a frozen sea on Monday, just as it had earlier this summer. Current images are visible here .

The water the buoy was bobbing in last week was not a lake, but a melt pond, a common occurrence in the Arctic summer when the sun shines 24 hours a day, said Morison, principal oceanographer for the North Pole Environmental Observatory, funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation.

"Denialists caught lying again, film at 11."

That would be because the only people getting hysterical about a melt pond were the denialists. Aside from the denialists, no one cared. Though the denialist hysteria was kind of funny.

Remember you two, you'll never qualify to join the rational-Americans until you stop being so damn gullible. Instead of parroting every bit of nonsense your political cult hands down, you need to try some independent fact-checking. Your cult has been caught lying so often and so brazenly about everything, it's wisest to start out assuming everything they say is a lie, unless independent evidence shows otherwise.

"Denialists caught lying again, film at 11."

That would be because the only people getting hysterical about a melt pond were the denialists. Aside from the denialists, no one cared. Though the denialist hysteria was kind of funny.

Remember you two, you'll never qualify to join the rational-Americans until you stop being so damn gullible. Instead of parroting every bit of nonsense your political cult hands down, you need to try some independent fact-checking. Your cult has been caught lying so often and so brazenly about everything, it's wisest to start out assuming everything they say is a lie, unless independent evidence shows otherwise.

Nice rant.. But a waste of time.. You're simply wrong..

The list of media that fell over themselves to link this photo to catastrophic GW includes

The Atlantic
Forbes
HuffPo..

I'm sure there were other "slower" media that scrambled to fill the space they reserved for the "GOOD" news --- that there was definative PROOF -- the North Pole was gone..

The list of media that fell over themselves to link this photo to catastrophic GW includes

The Atlantic
Forbes
HuffPo..

Huffpo posted it with little comment. They didn't link it to "catastrophic global warming". You made that part up.

But please, show us these links to sources who claimed it proves a catastrophe. It would help even more if you showed some actual scientists doing it, given you all say "the AGW side" did it. Apparently, "the AGW side" is now only whatever media outlets you cherrypick as such. Is this your official statement that you're abandoning the science formally now, instead of simply abandoning the science informally?

And by the way, Reuters is moving itself into the "denialist shills" category, so it's not surprising they'd help slant the story for you.

New regime brings change of climate at Reuters | THE BARON

The Atlantic
Forbes
HuffPo..

Huffpo posted it with little comment. They didn't link it to "catastrophic global warming". You made that part up.

But please, show us these links to sources who claimed it proves a catastrophe. It would help even more if you showed some actual scientists doing it, given you all say "the AGW side" did it. Apparently, "the AGW side" is now only whatever media outlets you cherrypick as such. Is this your official statement that you're abandoning the science formally now, instead of simply abandoning the science informally?

And by the way, Reuters is moving itself into the "denialist shills" category, so it's not surprising they'd help slant the story for you.

New regime brings change of climate at Reuters | THE BARON

I don't have a "media side".. I read it all.. And ridicule the appropriate nonsense..

In the past, I've had subscriptions to Mother Jones, National Review, Reason and The Nation.. THAT'S why i can think more clearly than you...

Here's the Atlantic article.

The Pond at the North Pole - Alexis C. Madrigal - The Atlantic
---
Yes, there is a meltwater pond at the north pole, and perhaps in some previous climate states, that would not have happened. But this is not the first time scientists have observed a melt pond at the North Pole, nor is it the largest.

"I have seen much more extensive ponding," James Morison, the principal investigator for the North Pole Environmental Observatory told me in an email. "Because we use wide angle lenses the melt pond looks much bigger than it is."
---

That's what you called "linking to catastrophic global warming".

Do you have the decency to feel shame after being caught in such a flagrant misrepresentation? Come on, just admit it. You never looked at those sources. You simply repeated some nonsense that a crank denialist website fed you.

Here's the Atlantic article.

The Pond at the North Pole - Alexis C. Madrigal - The Atlantic
---
Yes, there is a meltwater pond at the north pole, and perhaps in some previous climate states, that would not have happened. But this is not the first time scientists have observed a melt pond at the North Pole, nor is it the largest.

"I have seen much more extensive ponding," James Morison, the principal investigator for the North Pole Environmental Observatory told me in an email. "Because we use wide angle lenses the melt pond looks much bigger than it is."
---

That's what you called "linking to catastrophic global warming".

Do you have the decency to feel shame after being caught in such a flagrant misrepresentation? Come on, just admit it. You never looked at those sources. You simply repeated some nonsense that a crank denialist website fed you.

Hey jerk...

1) They THINK the camera is at the NORTH POLE !!!!!

2) The caption under the pic says "Santa better have a floating workshop"..

3) They take the opportunity to bitch about the seasonal ice melt and toss out all the normal doom and gloom agi-prop....

Like I said -- I sample ALL the media --- my conclusions are entirely my own.. I know that's hard for you to imagine --- but it's the truth. I apologize for nothing here..

Forum List

Back